Candyman87

I did a bad thing last night...

So I went to shoot at RTSP last night to avoid the trick or treaters. I grabbed my last P2P on my way out the door just in case I found something. Anyway, on the drive over I counted the days and today was the 91st!

Long story short... I shot my current guns with some buddies and sitting down to chat in the cafe I popped over to BS with the guys behind the counter and caught something out if the corner of my eye... A well worn and well loved Beretta 84F Cheetah.

I've always been weirdly fond of the .380 cartridge and always liked "little brothers" of full sized guns. I've been looking at Cheetahs for a bit and couldn't pass this up. Used Cheetah with 4 magazines and Galco holster.

I called the girlfriend... Told her I did a bad thing. Her response? It had better be a Beretta. I guess I'm safe this time!

Applying for more P2P's as my town won't extend after 2 weeks before expiration. Photos and range report to follow.

But with the end of daylight savings tonight couldn't you just set the permit back one day :)

Legal disclaimer - Nothing in the above comment should be construed as legal advice or suggestions to break any laws

She is a sexy little Italian. You could not help yourself.

My first pistol was an 84 that I bought in 1985. Great gun. Accurate and wonderful ergos. Two years later I transfered it to my girlfriend because she loved it so much. She is now my wife of 22 years. Sometimes I think part my decision to marry her was to keep the 84 in the family.  Recently she swapped it out for a Ruger SR40 as her HD gun, but the 84 still make it to the range quite often.

Best of luck with your new mistress.

I keep my permits near the bottom of a paperwork basket -- an in-basket, so to speak -- on my desk. A couple of permit cycles ago I was doing my taxes and decided to use that basket for empty envelopes, instructions, and other superfluous materials. I removed the permit and two other items and put them in a "safe" location on my desk. Threw out the envelopes, instructions, etc. but did not put the permit back into the basket. That night I was visited by the Evil Permit Fairy, who was in a bad mood. She made my permit disappear. Several days later I turned my office upside down but could not find the permit. No luck having it replaced. 

About a year ago I had two permits.  I used one early and wrote the expiration date of the other on the calendar.  Near that date I went shopping and found something I liked.  I had written the date down wrong and the permit had expired so I went home empty handed.

Thank goodness NJ has the permit system in place, I'm sure everyone was safer that I couldn't buy that gun.

The wife and I looked at that last night also. I tried to get her to check out the cute little Beretta but she is in love with her 92F and refuses to cheat. It looked really nice congrats.

Too bad about the town bs. The secretary at our local PD once told me she would backdate renewals up to two weeks. Are you sure you're not mixing it up and yours' won't?

Yep, double checked the last time mine expired. They want them AT LEAST a week before the expiration for them to do anything about it.

About a year ago I had two permits.  I used one early and wrote the expiration date of the other on the calendar.  Near that date I went shopping and found something I liked.  I had written the date down wrong and the permit had expired so I went home empty handed.

Thank goodness NJ has the permit system in place, I'm sure everyone was safer that I couldn't buy that gun.

I hate when that happens! Next time I'm counting out the 90 days instead of doing the math quickly in my head. That'll keep that from happening again!

A guy who calls himself "Candyman" stiffs the trick or treaters? For shame...

The girlfriend was home dishing out candy... I spent all day with a bunch of kids yesterday giving out candy, so I needed a day to get away.

Congrats! Post some pics :)

Coming soon... waiting on the permits before I can take possession.

The wife and I looked at that last night also. I tried to get her to check out the cute little Beretta but she is in love with her 92F and refuses to cheat. It looked really nice congrats.

Then I'm really glad I pulled out the credit card for this one! I wasn't confident it would still be around long enough for me to get a permit, so it's sitting in the back room waiting for the town to issue my permits.