svt3183

gun gods granted me a Python today

went to Bob's today to sell something and there she was in the case waiting for me. traded in yesterday. original owner and claimed he shot only once, which i normally wouldn't believe but do here. Barely visible cylinder ring. Serial # shows it as a 1982. I wanted a 6" and could not pass it up.

Are there any polishes out there that don't contain abrasives? The nickel could use a polish.

i can't take a decent picture to save my life, so here are a couple crappy ones.

dce126b8-df3b-4648-b4de-26cb6eac03a8.jpg

ba5a53b9-a9ba-47ff-98cf-42f1f98a3d82.jpg

Sounds sweet congrats. I love the blued and would snatch one up, I guess I'm a glutton.

It is a 1974 4" blued with original box and paperwork. A local shop posted it up for sale. After doing this:

3CLlhd.jpg

I contacted them immediately and did this:

Qu4tSs.jpg

I contacted Omri by messenger. He still had it. I stated i was interested but wouldnt know until the following day. He said he wasnt back in the shop until Thursday at 1. I ask if that was the earliest anybody could purchase it. He said yes. I again repeated the question and he adamantly stated that it could not be sold until Thursday at 1. I wake up the next morning and see it marked as sold. Told me he had an aggressive buyer. I stated i would have annoyed him too if i thought i could have bought it sooner.

yup..thats the one Omri from Howell Gun Works screwed me on

Joe,

Had no idea there were other offers.  Here is exactly what happened:

I sent him a pm on FB as soon as I saw it (Tuesday) saying that I wanted to buy his Python and if not sold I would call him immediately with my cc info.  He responded that no one had claimed it and he would contact me the next day (Wed) to pay for it.  I paid for it and that was it.

Sorry for any bad blood, but I didn't see any "I will take it" or anything else so I took a chance at paying on the spot for it.

I dont blame you. I was speaking to him that night and he told me that people called but nobody had paid. Thats when i asked if the earliest i could pay was thursday when he opened and he said yes. He said definitively that the earliest it could be purchased was thursday at 1 when he returned. Like i said..its not on you. He obviously doesnt know how to keep track and i will never do business there. I am glad you got it and its at a good home.

Well thats unfortunate and Im sorry it all went down that way. When we spoke he did say that there were a few people upset at the way he handled it and he would do online posting different in the future, but no one else had just outright offered to pay for it so he sold it to me.

I have no.affiliation with him other than buying this pistol but I got the impression he will do future postings on an "I will take it" basis.

thanks everyone. I will order up some Flitz and Renaissance Wax to get it shined up nice.

Be very careful with Flitz. It will polish small scratches out, but go very slow and very light. The thing that you have to remember about nickel, is that the nickel plating is very thin. Every time you polish it, you remove a very small layer of the finish. If you go to deep, you will remove the nickel plating right down to the copper below the finish that the nickel was applied to. Once that happens the nickel could start flaking off, and you will have to get the gun refinished. You also have no way of knowing how many times the gun has already been polished. Also do not use hoppes 9 on the nickel finish. That can cloud the nickel if you do not remove it.

I suggest you go onto the Colt forum Pthon sub-forum and read up on care of nickel guns. Good luck with your Python. Go ahead and shoot it as long as you remember..

If you take good care of it you will never lose any money, and the gun will most likely appreciate in value.