Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

.22 CB Powderless Ammo

I was messing around on youtube and came across a guy who set up a range in his basement for powderless.22 CB caps. The guy said that they are so quiet that the hammer dropping is almost as loud as the shot. He was shooting at 1" pine with a bunch of blankets in a cardboard box as a back stop. Doesn't seem safe to me but who knows.

Has anyone had any experience using CB caps and know how loud they actually are and what kind of penetration you can expect? I don't think I'll be setting up a range in the basement anytime soon (although it would be nice) just wondering.

I shot plenty of the Remington CBee's, longs and shorts. I would say the hammer falling is louder than the round going off, definitely quieter than Colibri's. I've "heard" they will take out a ground hog effectively inside 50 yards or so, but then again, so will a powerful air rifle.

I shot plenty of the Remington CBee's, longs and shorts. I would say the hammer falling is louder than the round going off, definitely quieter than Colibri's. I've "heard" they will take out a ground hog effectively inside 50 yards or so, but then again, so will a powerful air rifle.

Really, the hammer falling is louder?

I am a big fan of Super Colibris for rifle. Just bought a case two weeks ago. They allow me to get a shooting fix when I don't have time to go to the range. Regular Colibri doesn't always make it out of the barrel, (350 fps I think)but is OK for pistols.  Neither will cycle a semi automatic.  I have put holes in some pretty heavy sheet metal with Supers and indoors shoot into a home made trap filled with rubber mulch.  The Super Colibri are 550 fps muzzle velocity.

As for noise. Super Colibri out of a pistol is loud indoors. Out of a 20 to 24 inch rifle all you hear is the hammer fall and the 20 gr. bullet hitting the target.