JayWilling

Pistol Permit Terminology

It is confusing when people change the abbreviation.

P2P did have the meaning person to person but is now being misused.

PtPP used to be permit to purchase a pistol but seems to have fallen out of favor.

FID should really be FPID as well.

At least COE has not been corrupted yet.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

It is confusing when people change the abbreviation.

P2P did have the meaning person to person but is now being misused.

PtPP used to be permit to purchase a pistol but seems to have fallen out of favor.

FID should really be FPID as well.

At least COE has not been corrupted yet.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

In the "purchasing/accounts payable" world, P2P has a whole different meaning.  It's a purchasing process known as P2P - "Procedure to Pay"

I thought it was Permission To Purchase cause I always call it a mother-may-I slip.

If we're going to change the Acronym let's get creative.

I propose MFGDPFP.

Just thought of something. You don't speak like that normally. I understood it well because it's inline with the way I speak. Lol

Some acronyms just work. As for most of us, we're used to them.

Anybody know where the HCIC has been?

I've heard of a similar acronym (one letter substitution, but that letter makes all the difference)... making it quite "politically incorrect."    Care to shed some light on what the 1st "C" is for? :D

Update:  I just Googled it!  Do "visions of "Premium Saltines" or "Ritz" come to mind?  :D :D :D

I've heard of a similar acronym (one letter substitution, but that letter makes all the difference)... making it quite "politically incorrect." Care to shed some light on what the 1st "C" is for? :D

Update: I just Googled it! Do "visions of "Premium Saltines" or "Ritz" come to mind? :D :D :D

Yes sir. the HNIC was coined in the movie about Joe Clark. It was Benson who said it. There has been numerous versions of it over the years.

Yes sir. the HNIC was coined in the movie about Joe Clark. It was Benson who said it. There has been numerous versions of it over the years.

Actually, it was Morgan Freeman (as Clark) who claimed the acronym first. His admin asst. "Ms. Levias" then had to tell the faculty at the meeting what it stood for. Only after that, in a subsequent meeting, did Robert Guillaume (Benson) (as the BOE president) claim the title for himself.   :D :D :D   But, yes, that's precisely from where I got it. :D

As an aside, if you recall the TV interview in the movie where he claims, "They used to call me 'Crazy Joe...' Now they call me 'Batman'.." I actually saw that Live on real TV when he (the real Joe Clark) said it.... one of my most vivid childhood memories. 

I'm pretty sure that acronym predates the movie...I remember my father using HNIC and HMFIC as far back as I can recall...and that goes back to the late '60s-early 70's.  Also heard my grandfather use HNIC (not MF) which I would assume dates back to his Alabama upbringing in the 1920's-30's.

I'm pretty sure that acronym predates the movie...I remember my father using HNIC and HMFIC as far back as I can recall...and that goes back to the late '60s-early 70's.  Also heard my grandfather use HNIC (not MF) which I would assume dates back to his Alabama upbringing in the 1920's-30's.

I'm absolutely sure it does (predate the movie). I'm only saying that's where I first heard it. :D