Howard

IDPA - Flat footed reload will be dead, soon....

Just got the following email about pending rule changes.  It's funny how they have a typo at the end too:

The IDPA Rule Book

HQ has received a number of calls asking when the new rule book will be posted. Although we are still working on it, we do want to let you know that we are listening to the membership and want to give you a little peak into the direction we are headed.

The first, and one of the biggest announcements, is on the flatfooted reload. While we thought we were headed the right direction with this, it became obvious that the membership at large did not like this new rule and that we missed the mark by implementing it. The members have spoken using the suggestion tool and we listened. When this version of the rule book becomes effective, the flat footed reload will not be gone. Big cheers all around we are sure.

I am assuming the part I underlined actually means "will be gone"  NOT "will not be gone"  :)

From a non-IDPA guy, what is a "flat footed reload"?

Basically you may not advance through the stage with your gun in anything but a ready condition. This means a round chambered and a magazine in place. Under the old rules you were allowed to do a tac load while moving behind cover. The current rules say your feet must not move except for 1 pivot foot.

Looks like they are undoing the rule change.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

They did correct their typo in a subsequent email.

No more flat footed reload but I guess we have to wait until the new rule book is written for the change to take effect...?

At tier 2 matches and above we'd have to wait for the new rule book to come into effect. I suspect with this announcement local club matches will reinstate the old rule immediately.

The next major match in this area that I know of will be the Arctic Blast in January over in Wilkes Barre. I don't know if HQ will get the new book out by then. I hope so.

...... I suspect with this announcement local club matches will reinstate the old rule immediately......

Do I read into this that YOU have made that decision for December Mr. Co-MD ?   :)

Why not try it and see if you earn a PE :)

That won't be a good test, you have been known to award me with those even when I have not fully earned them ;)

That won't be a good test, you have been known to award me with those even when I have not fully earned them ;)

To be honest Howard, I don't recall the vast majority of the calls I have made as an SO. As I regularly SO at 3 different clubs as well as working 4 different sanctioned matches in the last year I have lost count of how many shooters I have run and the number of calls I have made. Have I made mistakes? You betcha! Do I listen to an appeal? You can bet on that too.

It would be up to you to appeal it at the time if you feel a call was made in error.

However, I am intrigued by how you might partially earn a PE and how many seconds penalty would be appropriate.

Some of these rules are confusing and could lead one to do something "rash" in the real world of gun fighting.  If you come out of an armed encounter with as many holes as you started, you didn't earn a PE in the Big Book.  The rules should be geared towards reality in IDPA.  One of these days, they'll get it "just right".  In the meantime, it's just a GAME.....  And Stu is AWESOME! 

ESR division gone or merged with SSR. Bad decision.

That is not cool.

However I think I like the addition of a CCP division just for guns like my G19. Because then I will "need" a new SSP gun , since my G19 would be my CCP gun . GUNS MORE GUNS!!!

That is not cool.

However I think I like the addition of a CCP division just for guns like my G19. Because then I will "need" a new SSP gun , since my G19 would be my CCP gun . GUNS MORE GUNS!!!

Not wanting to rain on your parade (much) but your G19 would still be legal in SSP and ESP just like today - that's three divisions for the price of one gun! Think of the money you'll save :lol:

Not wanting to rain on your parade (much) but your G19 would still be legal in SSP and ESP just like today - that's three divisions for the price of one gun! Think of the money you'll save :lol:

You just totally destroyed my master plan . It's on like Donkey Kong...( I feel a new siggy coming on ) 

You just totally destroyed my master plan . It's on like Donkey Kong...( I feel a new siggy coming on )

Your plan was flawed. What can I say? Not too masterful, I guess.

On like Donkey Kong? Were you ever any good at that? Do you want to wear a gorilla outfit under your tutu?