Sign in to follow this  
Newtonian

Live, from New York...

I occasionally dabble in the NY Gun Forums. Today I received the following private message:

If you are a N.Y.S. gun owner, ANY kind of gun, that includes you “I’m only a shotgun hunter and don’t care about AR15’s or handguns”, you will be subject to a bunch of new gun restrictions including HAVING to purchase insurance if you own any gun, If Cuomo gets re-elected.

Do something for once to help preserve your rights and those of your children instead of just talking and complaining all the time.

More info below, this is a start, I just donated (https://secure.qgiv.com/for/afg?page_id=17), so should you.

Image: http://nyfirearms.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screen-Shot-2014-10-28-at-11.14.11-AM.png

Its being reported by multiple sources that Cuomo is secretly planning “SafeAct 2” if re-elected. Go ahead and Google it and see for yourself:

Additional weapon bans
New restrictions on gun ownership
New limits on gun purchases
Longer waiting periods
New costly insurance requirements for gun owners
Microstamping

Read more on our blog at: Let's Support Rob Astorino (http://nyfirearms.com/blog/2014/10/lets-support-rob-astorino/)

I was in Northern NY (on the Canadian border) for a wedding a few weeks ago and nearly every yard had at least one sign for Astorino, Repeal the "un"SAFE Act, No Mo Cuomo or other anti-Dem/Pro 2A sign planted along the roadway.

I was in Northern NY (on the Canadian border) for a wedding a few weeks ago and nearly every yard had at least one sign for Astorino, Repeal the "un"SAFE Act, No Mo Cuomo or other anti-Dem/Pro 2A sign planted along the roadway.

the problem is though...the intelligent freedom loving people like the ones you saw are far out numbered by the teet sucking system dependent ones not to mention the shenanigans ..such as bused professional paid voters...voting multiple times as well as the phenomenon of the deceased rising to vote......

Back in 1977, when Andy's father was running for Mayor of NYC against Ed Koch, the brilliant strategist, his father's campaign manager and currently the inheritor of the governorship of the Empire State, came up with the slogan, "Vote for Cuomo, not for the homo."

Classy.

Back in 1977, when Andy's father was running for Mayor of NYC against Ed Koch, the brilliant strategist, his father's campaign manager and currently the inheritor of the governorship of the Empire State, came up with the slogan, "Vote for Cuomo, not for the homo."

Classy.

Yep and when Mayor Koch called up Mario to get his kid to cut it out, Mario denied having anything to do with that. To his death Mayor Koch never forgave the Cuomo's for that little stunt.

Newtonian,

The map showing vote by county, is equally disturbing.

http://www.politico.com/2014-election/results/map/governor/new-york/#.VFzMkGfq9OQ

this is why I believe at the state level, it ought to be popular vote by county with the sum of the counties deciding and not a few areas with enormous populations. 

this is why I believe at the state level, it ought to be popular vote by county with the sum of the counties deciding and not a few areas with enormous populations. 

Sort of like a "state level" version of the "Electoral College..."  It would certainly level the playing field of the remainder of the State against the major urban cities, which is why I think it will be strongly resisted by those politicos that benefit from that.  :D

I cannot speak to that as I did not follow it that closely................they very well might have.....again..........probably stated more than enough but we are maybe one, possibly two generations away from private ownership of firearms going away in this country.

*UNLESS* we make the effort now........and that effort rest solely with the children...

thanks to people like you, and the rest of those like us(those that have kids), it might be a bit longer. possibly 3-4 generations.

I cannot speak to that as I did not follow it that closely................they very well might have.....again..........probably stated more than enough but we are maybe one, possibly two generations away from private ownership of firearms going away in this country.

*UNLESS* we make the effort now........and that effort rest solely with the children...

You gotta be kidding. It will be more like 10-15 years. OK two generations in certain neighborhoods  :)

And in gun-friendly states maybe 20-30 years. But it will happen. 

This is why I urge all youze guys to vote and drag friends/relatives to the polls instead of chasing windmills. The answer in this god-forsaken state is not to hope on some court somewhere, hundreds of miles away, to rescue us, or for national legislation that Hillary Fat-Legs will surely veto.

But for some reason you all ignore that advice. "Let's do some jury nullification." Oh yeah baybee.