boo

Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrator

I was in Tanners a few weeks back and picked up a box of this in 38 special. Any thoughts? I was going to try out the 9mm, but my recollection was that the bullet weights were too low for comfort, but I now see the site now says 115 grain (I remembered 105 or lower). It was explained to me that the blades act as a blender when the projectile is spun by the barrel rifling, and the "blending" action enlarges the wound cavity. Thought it would be an interesting non-hollowpoint/expanding defense ammo for NJ "compliancy".

http://www.lehighdefense.com/index.php/shop/ammunition/xtreme-penetrator

NJ DA will make your life into a nightmare if the newspapers report a shooting with "bladed" bullets. Safest and easiest ammo for in-home defense is shotshel or frangible bullets. Anything else will travel through walls and possibly hurt the people you are protecting.

Think home defense, not home based slaughter of intruders.

Now that you mention it, that was another reason I held off on trying the 9mm. I wondered about reliability given the unique bullet shape, and didn't feel like spending $1.50 a round testing multiple guns.

Looks like another high priced gimmick round.  Not unlike the ones that break into a bunch of sharp little pieces that were posted here several months ago.  I was so impressed, I don't even remember the name. 

That's part of the reason I use a .45...make a big enough hole going in and you don't have to worry about how much more damage is done after entry.