RTSP1

RTSP Feedback & Suggestions

Gan... when a range is hot there is no need to have slides locked back or flags inserted... that is exactly my point. Making up new rules or breathing down someones neck unnecessarily creates a hostile environment. I shoot at Cherry ridge...rules are very clear..range goes cold flags in chamber open..

Gan... when a range is hot there is no need to have slides locked back or flags inserted... that is exactly my point. Making up new rules or breathing down someones neck unnecessarily creates a hostile environment. I shoot at Cherry ridge...rules are very clear..range goes cold flags in chamber open..

You are wrong!  Hot or cold range, anytime a firearm is unattended at CR it is supposed to be flagged.  Unattended to me is when it's not in your hand.

when a range is hot there is no need to have slides locked back or flags inserted...

That's a very interesting opinion.

I have no problem what so ever flagging an inactive firearm.

Doesn't matter what you or I "THINK".  It's what the range owner wants/demands/is required by their insurance company, etc.  You shoot at their range PROVIDING you follow their rules.  If you don't like their rules, pack up your stuff and go elsewhere - that's why I don't shoot at certain other ranges any longer, I didn't like their rules.  I did not come in (like some) trying to change the world to conform to me, I got annoyed, I took my money and I left.

You are wrong!  Hot or cold range, anytime a firearm is unattended at CR it is supposed to be flagged.  Unattended to me is when it's not in your hand.

when a range is hot there is no need to have slides locked back or flags inserted...

I never said I drop my stuff at the bench and go for a ride.... and not in my hand is most certainly not equivalent to unattended... by that token when you are standing next to your rifle putting in round you should also have a flag in at the same time since it is not in your hand... 

Doesn't matter what you or I "THINK".  It's what the range owner wants/demands/is required by their insurance company, etc.  You shoot at their range PROVIDING you follow their rules.  If you don't like their rules, pack up your stuff and go elsewhere - that's why I don't shoot at certain other ranges any longer, I didn't like their rules.  I did not come in (like some) trying to change the world to conform to me, I got annoyed, I took my money and I left.

I do not disagree with the fact that rules of the specific range should be followed, I disagree with the fact that they seem to appear or disappear depending on which direction wind blows that day. Woodland is quite consistent with their rules.  I also never appreciated the fact that if I fire two shots in a row from my pistol at RTSP I immediately have someone fly up to me ready to arrest me (or anyone else for that matter). Two in a row is not rapid fire.   On the other hand I took multiple courses at GFH and two in a row are encouraged even. At any rate... my point is simple, a business is a business and customers should be appreciated and you are right I take my business elsewhere..... case and point.

I do not disagree with the fact that rules of the specific range should be followed, I disagree with the fact that they seem to appear or disappear depending on which direction wind blows that day. Woodland is quite consistent with their rules.  I also never appreciated the fact that if I fire two shots in a row from my pistol at RTSP I immediately have someone fly up to me ready to arrest me (or anyone else for that matter). Two in a row is not rapid fire.   On the other hand I took multiple courses at GFH and two in a row are encouraged even. At any rate... my point is simple, a business is a business and customers should be appreciated and you are right I take my business elsewhere..... case and point.

Been a member at RTSP since the beginning.....  I have NEVER seen a RSO even look twice at someone doing a " controlled pair " .....   

And if in doubt, just inform the RSO that you will be doing it....  at any range, just to make sure it is ok....

You are wrong! Hot or cold range, anytime a firearm is unattended at CR it is supposed to be flagged. Unattended to me is when it's not in your hand.

Frank is correct .......

as written in CR rules:Firearms that are not being handled or that are unattended must either be cased or have a safety flag installed in the open breech (NOT in the gun's muzzle)

The fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling are:

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.

3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition.

IMHO, it removes all doubt whether or

not a firearm has a round in the chamber

if the action is open and a flag( empty chamber indicator ) is properly installed

Trust me at CR if your not shooting the gun and it's on the bench it must be flagged! I had an RO screaming at me about an inch from my face once because I didn't fully insert the flag all the way into my smoking hot chamber. It took everything I had not to wipe the floor with his old ass. I just packed my stuff and left without saying a word. Last time I ever shot there about a decade ago. So if we're going to have a conversation about douche bag RO'S let's start with CR. Never had anything but awesome conversations with the RO'S at RTSP ever. Some of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with.

Although I've heard the guys at CR have lightened up a bit since then.

So im kinda a gun/outdoor shop junky....spend way to much time "shopping".  Anyway, when I purchased my Glock 19 from your shop it was by far my best gunshop experience.  When you walk into ANY other shop in NJ you are always walking into that awkward atmosphere that I'm sure most of us know all to well.  Sorta like the owner/worker knows all, very standoffish, just plain rude.  RTSP is different, really a pleasure to walk into.  Since the Glock I've purchased two more pistols and a shotgun from RTSP and I will continue to give you my business, even though its about a 40+ minute drive for me.  I have a mom and pop shop like 2 minutes from my house and I refuse to go there.  Keep up the great work. 

One of my new coworkers has expressed an interest in guns when I was training him. He got his FID after I explained how to and this past weekend went to RSTP (after I told him to) and he and his father rented some 9mm and had their first experience shooting handguns. They were very impressed with the shop and range and said the service could not have been ant better. The staff explained the fundamentals of firearm safety and showed them how safely shoot the guns. They were very happy and my co worker said that when he turns 21 he will make his first purchase at RSTP  

If you like indoor ranges, a fully stocked shop, zillions of guns to examine or rent, and friendly helpful staff, this place is hard to beat. I've been to RTSP about 4-5 times, and purchased a S&W 617 from them for a very competitive price. I'm an outdoor shooter kind of guy. Mostly for noise considerations and just liking to be outdoors. But I may stop in again soon to rent a gun or two in anticipation of my current crop of permits. 

So this being one of my first posts it might not carry a lot of weight but I really enjoy going to RTSP. The people are always friendly, the staff is very knowledgeable and the range prices are great. And my only issue as a few have said, I wish it was closer to my house lol. It's not too bad but I'm in the north east section of Morris county by Wayne.

Thanks,

Sam

We are always working to make things a bit better,  that said multiple locations is always on the radar for any successful business.  Lets get the outdoor project off the ground first and then we can ALL work on finding a location that works for NJ.

We are always working to make things a bit better,  that said multiple locations is always on the radar for any successful business.  Lets get the outdoor project off the ground first and then we can ALL work on finding a location that works for NJ.

An outdoor range/area would be great! During the winter it's nice to shoot inside a climate controlled range but come spring time who wouldn't want to go outside

I've heard rumors of a potential outdoor RTSP location coming soon. Is this confirmation that there is some truth behind the rumors?

I've heard rumors of a potential outdoor RTSP location coming soon. Is this confirmation that there is some truth behind the rumors?

I recall having this conversation with Peter and Brad in the past. I believe the answer was, that it would be located in America when it happens. I'm down with that. I will camp in the parking lot the evening before, so I can be the first guy inside to empty a mag down range, on the grand opening day.

These words make me happy... definitely looking forward to completion of the outdoor project!

Brucin, it is confirmation that we are actively working on a project that would have at least a 600 yard shot.  It is still very fluid right now and judging by the state of gun laws in this Country, anything can happen (good or bad).

Brucin, it is confirmation that we are actively working on a project that would have at least a 600 yard shot.  It is still very fluid right now and judging by the state of gun laws in this Country, anything can happen (good or bad).

Thanks Pete I hope this works out for you and all your customers.

Hopefully in PA so I can bring my guns there.

Outdoor range---good

indoor range---bad

I just like the fresh air!

Hate to tell you but the air at RTSP and in most modern (ie built in the last 5 yrs) indoor ranges is cleaner than an outdoor range, furthermore, the HVAC system is designed to always draw the dirty air down range.

I had a great time today at RTSP. Off Hand Monday is a great idea and I'll be back to keep trying for the win!

Nothing but great experiences there and after my lesson with Ron, I decided to get an annual membership.

I like going when the crowd is small, so you'll rarely see me there during the rush hours.

If there is a simple improvement that could be made, it would be having a bench to place your bags on when gearing up.

When it comes time to get my ears and eyes on, I gotta kneel on the floor to open my bags, or I walk over to the knife counter and get ready.

I carry a tactical bag and rifle bag, and sometimes have a target rolled up in between the handles, and it gets to be a juggling act on the ground.

Anyway, that's all I need!

grandstandup3.jpg