RTSP1

RTSP Feedback & Suggestions

Just wanted to write that Brad helped me find a compact handgun on Friday. Went with the Kahr PM9. The whole process was very professional and would return again. If it wasn't a 40 minute drive I would definitely become a member. All in all I will be going back to shoot and buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great time today at RTSP. Off Hand Monday is a great idea and I'll be back to keep trying for the win!

Nothing but great experiences there and after my lesson with Ron, I decided to get an annual membership.

I like going when the crowd is small, so you'll rarely see me there during the rush hours.

If there is a simple improvement that could be made, it would be having a bench to place your bags on when gearing up.

When it comes time to get my ears and eyes on, I gotta kneel on the floor to open my bags, or I walk over to the knife counter and get ready.

I carry a tactical bag and rifle bag, and sometimes have a target rolled up in between the handles, and it gets to be a juggling act on the ground.

Anyway, that's all I need!

grandstandup3.jpg

There are tables right out front of range 2...more than welcome to utilize them for that exact reason and gain access to both ranges from the range 2 door...as long as youre not renting. (all rentals need to go to in/out of range 1). Hope this helps!

There are tables right out front of range 2...more than welcome to utilize them for that exact reason and gain access to both ranges from the range 2 door...as long as youre not renting. (all rentals need to go to in/out of range 1). Hope this helps!

I thought there were tables back there In front of the glass. There's also the tables in the video area by the holsters and range bags. Or in the cafe.

I thought there were tables back there In front of the glass. There's also the tables in the video area by the holsters and range bags. Or in the cafe.

Exactly...hes talking about when getting ready to head inside the range...can put stuff on the tables right outside range 2, grab ears/eyes and head on in.

Yes! it does. Aaahaaa moment for me. I've always used range 1 door when I rented. Now, I own and carry bags, so this info really takes care of it.

There's an open space right in front of the magazine display where I gear up, but I'm sure it's open for a reason...like rush hour crowds.

Perfect! Range 2 door it will be from now on. Thank you!

I had a great time today at RTSP. Off Hand Monday is a great idea and I'll be back to keep trying for the win!

Nothing but great experiences there and after my lesson with Ron, I decided to get an annual membership.

I like going when the crowd is small, so you'll rarely see me there during the rush hours.

If there is a simple improvement that could be made, it would be having a bench to place your bags on when gearing up.

When it comes time to get my ears and eyes on, I gotta kneel on the floor to open my bags, or I walk over to the knife counter and get ready.

I carry a tactical bag and rifle bag, and sometimes have a target rolled up in between the handles, and it gets to be a juggling act on the ground.

grandstandup3.jpg

grandstandup3.jpg

The wife and I were discussing the exact same thing yesterday when she used a bottle of Hoppes to hold our targets while getting our gear on.

In her opinion that's why they have the extra large bottle.

Move the range closer to my house! :icon_e_smile:   In all seriousness, I took my first private handgun lesson there about  2 yrs ago.  The instructor, I believe his name was Charlie (Vietnam Vet, competition rifle shooter) was excellent. When I purchased a handgun there last year, the service was excellent.  The staff was friendly.  No one was pushy.  Being new into the shooting sports, sometimes I get the feeling that knowledgable people have a condescending attitude.  I definitely didn't have that feeling at your shop/range.

One of the biggest plusses is having your firearms prices online.  No surprises!  The other big store in my area has a terrible website, IMO. 

I will be making another purchase soon.  I look forward to seeing the range since the renovations.

Three requests:

1. Have more classes at times that don't conflict with typical work schedules. For instance, I can't attend the 2 pm Tuesday pistol/flashlight class or the 10 am or 5 pm Wednesday defensive shotgun classes. (Even 5 pm on a weekday is really tough to make). It would be great to have more weekend classes, particularly during the winter. 

2. Have a full calendar view where you can see all the classes on a given day at the same time. When I see a free weekend coming up, I look for things to do. I don't want to have to click through all the disciplines (shotgun, pistol, rifle, etc.) to see what is happening on a given day. 

3. Have more competition nights. The once a month USPA match is a great start. Possible to have a match of some sort every weekend? 

Thanks much. Beautiful store, great selection, nice range. I must admit I have found the prices a bit high on guns and range time. I have not looked into your ammo prices.   

AS

Agent_Smith,

I will hit each topic below:

1) The classes that are listed on our site are presented so as to have a option for all hours of the day.  The great thing about RTSP is that any class that you see on our list, CAN be done as a one-on-one class at anytime of the day of the customers choosing.

2) The full calendar view is a google thing that our IT department is looking into.

3) Match's, the USPSA is our first attempt at presenting a quality match and I feel that it is going well.  A lot of that is do in part to Aaron who is a consummate professional and a true asset to the sport.  That said, we are looking into other such events in the near future, but it is very difficult with only two ranges.  To close one down on a weekend or weeknight during what is considered the peek season for indoor ranges is not always good for business.  As you are aware we are open late most nights and the range stays pretty busy right up to closing.

Hope this gives a little insight.  As usual, anyone on the forum feel free to stop by and suggest anything to make RTSP a better destination.  I have received a lot of great comments from here and as a lot of you are aware, those comments have become part of RTSP's rules and regulations.

I found the benches today at range door 2. Perfect!

What had me laughing is they are the exact same table I had pulled out of google images to get my thought across in a previous post. 

Thank you for the great service! Looking forward to sign up for the string of available handgun courses you offer. 

Been to RTSP twice...I've found the range very nice, the waiting areas spacious, and the staff mostly friendly.

I was actually considering membership, but I've had one issue both times that I have gone. I live in New York City, so I rely on a ranges gun rentals. I've experienced two guns (a Sig P229, and a Beretta Px4 Storm) that badly needed to be lubricated. 

I am curious what your cleaning and lubrication schedule is.

Funny you should ask about our maintanaince of our rentals, I was just going through our end of year numbers and it appears that we spend 55k on gunsmith employees. Sooooo that being said, I know that every firearm is cleaned and maintained every week, I know that every firearm is oil, swabbed and made ready for service every week. In fact if you are getting a firearm that is not to your liking, say something!!! And one of my staff will have a smith come out and make it right.

Funny you should ask about our maintanaince of our rentals, I was just going through our end of year numbers and it appears that we spend 55k on gunsmith employees. Sooooo that being said, I know that every firearm is cleaned and maintained every week, I know that every firearm is oil, swabbed and made ready for service every week. In fact if you are getting a firearm that is not to your liking, say something!!! And one of my staff will have a smith come out and make it right.

Pete- a while back I was renting some 1911's to try out. I loved a few of them and one was getting awful groups... Couldn't figure out why until halfway through the box of ammo. Turns out the pin holding the adjustable sight in place was missing so I took it back to the counter and swapped it out after telling him of the issue.

The next week I was back in and looked through the cabinet to see if there was anything new worth trying. Funny enough that same 1911 was back in the case with the same pin missing. Floppy sights for the next guy to waste his time on too!

Wanted to sent a special thank you to Brad. On Sunday had my 12 year old nephew visiting for the day, he was very excited to come visit so I could take him shooting for a little bit. I had a limited amount of time to bring him to the range for some fun. As always Sunday afternoons are busy, and the wait time for a port was 45-60 min. We just didn't have that kind of time (poor planning on my part, I know better should have gotten him there early for members only window from 8-10 unfortunately didn't work out that way this day). On my way out I bumped into Brad to say hello, told him we came to shoot for an hour but I couldn't wait that long for a port because I had to have him home by a certain time. Immediately he stopped what he was doing and went to the check in counter, got me into range 2 right away. The kid was thrilled and I'm very thankful for what he did for me. Always a great experience as usual, Thanks Brad! & thanks RTSP staff you guy and gals are great. Steve...

RTSP

I am writing to let you know how much I appreciate the outstanding customer service, products and events that your facility offers.   I’ve been an RTSP member for about 6 months and never formally said “Thanks”.   I attended a training event last evening (Jan 15, 2015) and realized just how important RTSP is to the firearm enthusiast as well as the competitive sport shooter (in my case, “a want2be competitive sport shooter).  With that, I say Thank-You.

Being relatively new to the firearms arena,  your staff has always made my time at RTSP pleasant and “safe”.  The experienced firearm staff members have always created an environment where new skills can be developed in an encouraging and supportive manner.  You have a wide selection of firearms and I have been very happy with the quality and price on the ones I purchased from you.  I got burnt when I tried “The Internet Route” on an expensive SW revolver (a proxy for a Colt Python), and discovered a gash on the frame when I picked it up at a LGS.  With 2 days until expiration on my NJ handgun permit, shipping it back to Kentucky was not an option.  I had no choice but to accept it and spend 2 weeks using Mothers Mag Wheel Polish and striping the “beaded” finish.  The couple of dollars I saved in my auction, cost me more in time and frustration.

The training I received last evening however, is the impetus for this memo.  Target plinking is fun, but I have always been a competitive sports participant.  I played scholastic basketball, tennis, downhill skiing and my favorite….surfing the wild waves “down the shore” in Ocean Beach NJ.   Age wreaks havoc on the knees and I thought my favorite pastimes where just that…past times. 

Then RTSP introduced “INDOOR USPSA”.  Talk about having to teach an “Old Dog, New Tricks”.  I’m totally jazzed , it ain’t surfing but it is pretty close.

Once again you evolved your business model and offered me (us) a clean, safe, well organized platform to develop my competitive shooting skills and another chance to experience “The Thrill of Victory or The Agony of Defeat”.

Thanks again….”Surf’s UP”

Austin   

I would just like to give credit where credit is due.

I went into RTSP last night at 7pm to buy a shotgun. I was greeted and speedily helped in order to get the paperwork processed in time.

Jim was a pleasure to do business with. Knowledgeable, courteous, and funny! He showed me comparable options based on what I was looking for so I could make an informed decision.

I was 100% satisfied with my shopping experience and I will gladly come back to do business with RTSP.

Once again, thanks to Jim for all his help and thanks to RTSP for running a great place.

Sincerely,

Tom

Just want to say how great it is that RTSP are running USPSA matches and all the hard work Aaron and Mike plus others put in to run them. I've been to 3 now and am hooked on running and gunning. There is so much more to learn and much prefer this kind of shooting than just static shooting.  Am not a RTSP member (GfH is my local range) but I did buy my two pistols there and received great service.  I went in to look before I got my FID card and was treated with respect and attention, unlike Ramsey Outdoors that seemed not to care about my inquires as I didn't have a FID.  RTSP will be my first stop when I get more purchase permits :). Thanks to all the RTSP crew for being a great range and store.

No feedback or suggestions from me, just wanted to say I had a great time as usual at RTSP today. I do have a question however, what's the policy on beverages in the ports and range area? Sometimes I really need a cup of coffee!