Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Help a Friend - .44 Magnum Rifles

I don't want to violate any forum rules, but want to make the members aware that I have a friend (a luddite - doesn't own a computer) that has two .44 magnum rifles he wishes to divest himself of. I thought if there was any interest, the interested party could PM me and I'll put you in touch directly with my friend. He will be coming to my house for Thanksgiving - arriving Tue 11/25. He is a PA resident, so a transfer at an FFL would best be accomplished at a PA dealer.

First up is a Rossi lever action 92R in .44 Mag. This is a really short carbine, for those unfamiliar. The action is short and that, coupled with a 16" barrel makes for a very handy little rifle. He assures me that it will also shoot .44 Spl with no problem.

Second is an early Ruger 77/44. I specify early because this one has a walnut stock - current production is synthetic. These utilize Ruger's rotary magazine.

I am not even going to talk money - if you have any interest I will put the two of you in touch. I've known the owner for over 40 years, and many fine firearms and accessories have come my way via him. He is a Navy veteran.

I saw that there was quite a bit of interest in .44 mag rifles here, so thought this might be a mutually beneficial venue. Apologies if I've violated any rules.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I've been looking for a Lever Action, been eyeballing one of those Henry Big Boys in .357, but my alternative was .44.  I don't have an opinion on Rossi but shrug, how bad can it be?

Any idea what he wants for the Rossi R92? 

Any idea what he wants for the Rossi R92? 

That is strictly between the seller and buyer. I will say that he has always been more than fair. If you are truly interested, PM me your phone number and I'll have him call you. There is one ahead of you, so you may be late to the party, unless there is no meeting of the minds. First in line wants it for resale, which means they may not want to ante-up. PM me if you're interested.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That is strictly between the seller and buyer. I will say that he has always been more than fair. If you are truly interested, PM me your phone number and I'll have him call you. There is one ahead of you, so you may be late to the party, unless there is no meeting of the minds. First in line wants it for resale, which means they may not want to ante-up. PM me if you're interested.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Since I currently don't have a .44 I've decided to pass.  Had it been a .357 I'd move forward.  I tried finding some .44 ammo and it was all more than I'm willing to pay for what will be a range toy for me.  I  have plenty of .357.  Thanks.