Vlad G

It's important to know when to stop festooning

Even Hitler knows that at some point you need to stop hanging things of your rifle

Thats awesome!!! 
Never thought I would agree with Hitler lol.
This is what an AR is supposed to look like

20140804_190314_zpsc5e2098f.jpg

I cant stand the people at the range that shoot AR's 25 yards rapid fire with all the junk hooked to it.

If your not shooting 600 yards with Iron sights GTFO!!!

Thats awesome!!!

20140804_190314_zpsc5e2098f.jpg

I cant stand the people at the range that shoot AR's 25 yards rapid fire with all the junk hooked to it.

Because that is useful for CQB, FISHing, or home/self defense. :rolleyes:

That is what an M16 was supposed to look like in 1970 or for shooting in competitions that are based in doctrine that has us fighting hordes of Russians pouring through the Fulda Gap.

A lot has changed since then and for a reason. We have learned a lot about gunfighting in the last 50 years or so with a drastic increase in knowledge, tactics, techniques, procedures, and equipment over the course of the last ten years we spent in a shooting war.

Shooting long distances with iron sights is a great hobby. It is fun and it must be challenging. Not everyone can do it - by patience or skill. I have never shot last 300 yards personally - but I am OK with that.

That being said, while it won't hurt you to learn the trigger control and sighting methods necessary to accomplish that task, if that is all you train for you will be useless in a gunfight - unless your threat is 600 yards away (good luck in court justifying that) and standing still while giving you time to build your preferred shooting position.

Frankly, it is a useless skill if your primary use for the rifle is as a "fighting" gun.

Shooting =/= fighting.

If your only goal is for shooting national match or long distance type events, awesome. Have fun and don't miss! But don't put down others that have a need or desire for a capable carbine/rifle for the defense of their country, their communities, their homes, or themselves.

Yes, some can go overboard, but the mission (what you want your rifle to do) drives the gear train - and affording yourself every advantage in a gunfight is prudent and proper.

And the video was pretty funny. When Hitler said "if you buy a quality optic you won't need all those back-ups" I chuckled. When he said a "stove pipe was your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo" I LOL'ed. Now the dog is looking at me funny....

Thats awesome!!!

Posted Image

That's a joke right?

The most I can manage to put on my at is a flashlight, vfg, and an RDS. I'll hookup a bipod for being shooting. But what else is really there to hang on?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That is what an M16 was supposed to look like in 1970

That isn't an M16A1! Noob!

I actually like the M16A1 length. It has a short LOP and is very lightweight with a pencil barrel. It is only a smidge longer than my Carbine.

Nothing personal, but some of the ARs in the picture thread are eyesores.  I know I might get a few "Its not your gun, why do you care?" replies to this but it really makes my brain hurt.  KNS pins on Geissele triggers, optics mounted on railed fronts, general crap tier accessories just so they can stick something on, etc.  I really do not get it.