Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Yet another is this stock legal thread

I really like XLR quality and this stock is similar to the WOA stock.  I am primarily looking at it for bench shooting and maybe, just maybe take it hunting in FL for hog.  It's going on a yet to be built Grendel or 6mm.

http://www.xlrindustries.com/butt-stocks.html

JT. 

The way I see the pic it looks like the stock is in combination with an AR receiver extension, castle nut and all.

Looks like you can adjust the length, comb height, height and angle of butt plate.  Interesting.  It is adjustable but requires tools.  I am far from an expert but I would think this is okay for a Semi Auto AR.  But I can't be sure.  

It does use a mil spec tube. I have it in a chassis I had made. It's light and fantastic. I certainly wouldn't get the folding one, that would be illegal for sure, but everything else requires tools to adjust.

JT. 

The way I see the pic it looks like the stock is in combination with an AR receiver extension, castle nut and all.

Looks like you can adjust the length, comb height, height and angle of butt plate.  Interesting.  It is adjustable but requires tools.  I am far from an expert but I would think this is okay for a Semi Auto AR.  But I can't be sure.  

just to play devils advocate.. the wording makes no mention to tools.. so I am not sure what part makes you think adjustable with tools is ok?

just to play devils advocate.. the wording makes no mention to tools.. so I am not sure what part makes you think adjustable with tools is ok?

I don' know what to think that's why I'm asking.  If I had a pinned CTR I could adjust that with tools by removing then repinning (which may be illegal).  I bought a fixed ARM stock from VLTOR because I worry to much about NJ compliance.   I know that's compliant because it's fixed, completely (except cheek rest) nonadjustable.  

https://www.vltor.com/shop/stocks/arm-rifle-stock/

This is my last AR mod until my house is finished in Amelia Island.  After that all my black rifles get moved and turn evil.  

Totally agree with you, but as stated above, any pinned stock can be made adjustable again by drilling out the pin, ie: using tools

Using logic is very dangerous in NJ, but I figured if pinning is okay, needing a allan key or wrench to increase length is okay as well.  Dangerous assumption I know.  That is why I don't expect anyone to take my word as gospel.  Just my opinion.  

errmmmmyyyy that tactical stock looks intriguing.

I'm not sure i would be the test case but the Magpul PRS does the same thing only easier but with less adjustment.

that is debatable.. the PRS is a FIXED stock.. with an adjustable cheek rest and butt plate.. the PRS has a clearly defined stock that does NOT move.. this on the other hand.. IMO.. less clear..

This is my last AR mod until my house is finished in Amelia Island.

Sell them in Jersey, they have cooties.

Totally agree with you, but as stated above, any pinned stock can be made adjustable again by drilling out the pin, ie: using tools

Using logic is very dangerous in NJ, but I figured if pinning is okay, needing a allan key or wrench to increase length is okay as well.  Dangerous assumption I know.  That is why I don't expect anyone to take my word as gospel.  Just my opinion.  

This stock is designed to be adjustable.

You also need a tool to take off a muzzle brake, so why do you pin it?