Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

960 Rowland

Well, I couldn't help myself because I love my 460 conversion.  However, I have no idea where to begin formulating a load for this cartridge.  Anyone have experience or thoughts?

http://shop.460rowland.com/conversions/handgun-conversions/handgun-conversation-960-rowland?product_id=191

Humm, thats been done before and its called the 9x23 Winchester. Nothing really revolutionary here except you can shoot it out of a Glock. I wonder if there will be any feeding problems from the longer OAL.

I saw the short video. That comp will shoot loose even with lock-tite after about 100 rounds. I know that from experience from 1911s with comps on them. They should have placed an allen screw in the comp to help keep it in place. And then if you did decide to lock-tite it on the barrel,  you have to commit that slide to the barrel/comp set up since its glued on there.

The ported barrel is the better choice.

And just go out and buy 9x23 brass b/c its the same thing as the 'new' 960 Rowland.

Thread drift - the 9x23 was invented (patented) by John Ricco - the former owner of Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA. I used to shoot IPSC with John back in the 80's. I think he is still an instructor over at CP.

Adios,

Pizza Bob