bignic83

Our first 1911

The officers length 1911 can be a pill with its ejection pattern. Many of them have a tendency to eject brass at the shooters forehead randomly. Not all the time but enough to be annoying and distracting. Hopefully your Kimber isnt prone to this inherent flaw of the short 1911 in 45acp.

Curious to the range report after you get the first 100-150 rounds through it.

If its a carry get to the range asap and shoot it out from several hundred rounds. Make sure you see if it has flaws. If that isn't an option and ur handy with polish and high grit sandpaper I'd recommend polishing up any internals that make contact just to make sure u reduce hangups as much as possible.

Got that worked out. If .45 is too much in the compact, I will take the 45 and get her the same in 9 LOL

Its not just the strength of the recoil but the ability to get back on target effectively. 9mm can be a bit snappy as well. Though I've never shot it out of a 1911

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Its not just the strength of the recoil but the ability to get back on target effectively. 9mm can be a bit snappy as well. Though I've never shot it out of a 1911

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

She's got a glock 17, so she's ok with 9mm. Maybe a little snappy for her in that short barrel though we will see. Appreciate all the feedback from everyone.