JayWilling

New CZ RAMI

Christmas came early for the old guitar slinger:

Rami3_zps7d5e577f.jpg

Picked this CZ Rami up from my gunsmith FFL friday evening, played with it, field stripped, wiped her down with CLP and slopped up the rails a little. Then today I took it to the range. It ran 150  rounds of 9mm  ball without any incidents and it is pretty damned accurate. I think some of that is the weight (it's all metal and stays on target) and some is the low position of the barrel, as the slide is set down inside the frame instead of up top over the outside.

Rami1_zpseebd8bf0.jpg

3" SS barrel, 1/10 and 1/14 rd mag, single/double action and a thumb safety just in case, it feels a lot like a little 1911 but with a wider grip. Pictured is the 10 rd mag, which causes the arthritic pinky finger to dangle while shooting. I shoot it much better with the 14 rd where I can get a good, solid grip. Another nice feature are the rubber grips...they're RUBBERY rubber, not bakelite type rubber, sticky, and really give a good grip on the gun. I was thinking about custom grips, but I don't think I'll even bother. These grips are very nice.
The only mild complaint is with the trigger. There's a bit of takeup in it, but I got used to it quickly. The other thing is , the trigger itself has quite a hook to it, and I found my trigger finger getting a  little sore from the bottom edge of the trigger. Not a big deal though, I've had similar things happen with Glock and SR triggers.

I have been oogling these things for about 5 years and I'm very happy that I finally "pulled the trigger" on the RAMI. It's a really nice gun.