younggun93

RAS47 & C39V2 updates?

Love to get one but on their site mention: "Not available for sale in NJ, MA, CA, CT, HI, NY, MD or where prohibited by law.". Is it because of their 30 rds magazine?

thanks.  ordered through atlantic firearms. delivered to my FFL so i was able to get the slant brake pinned and welded and the 30rd pmags which he blocked and pinned for me.  i put 100 rounds through it tonight and it ran great.  accuracy was there, great trigger, and recoil/control with the slant brake was good.  i'm happy as hell.  my buddy who has a Saiga w/conversion kit liked it too.

I finally held one in my hands yesterday. I was not impressed. I did see things I liked, but I saw too many things that I didn't like.

LIKE:the fact that it's American made, the finish looks great, the muzzle breaks is aggressive looking,

DISLIKES: that it's not made on Russian tools, I hate the stock set and the fact that it can not be switched with the standard stock sets, I don't like the grip, I have concerns about the trigger and some internal parts.

I'd like to shoot one and see how it feels but I have no intention of buying one.

I finally held one in my hands yesterday. I was not impressed. I did see things I liked, but I saw too many things that I didn't like.

LIKE:the fact that it's American made, the finish looks great, the muzzle breaks is aggressive looking,

DISLIKES: that it's not made on Russian tools, I hate the stock set and the fact that it can not be switched with the standard stock sets, I don't like the grip, I have concerns about the trigger and some internal parts.

I'd like to shoot one and see how it feels but I have no intention of buying one.

Your dislikes are the opposite they claim... the stock sets are supposed to be AKM standard... if not that, what are they?

if you haven't tried to fit new/different furniture to the rifle yourself, i wouldn't make such a claim.

century states that it is akm furniture "compatible" - so i'm guessing that some aftermarket furniture may fit, some may not and some may require modification.  i've watched the videos on you tube as well.  the reason one guy states that aftermarket handguards will not fit is because the receiver and trunion are slightly thicker than normal....so some filing or dremeling of the handguard would be required in order to get them to fit.

so they can be switched out, your choice of handguard just might need some "fitting".  optimal? no   possible? yes