Sandy

In case you are fumbling for topics

Sandy, this is too funny, lol!  I had to stop and think for a moment for a response.  So far the best ones I can come up with, as a Rosey-ism:

"Really, sound bites at the dinner table!?"  

"Please pass the chardonnay; I have to wash-down some BULLSHIT!"

"Take yer 4G phone and go sit in the corner and let us know when you wanna come back to the ADULT table for conversation!"

And in honor of Pete on this festive holiday:

"If BULLSHIT was electricity, you'd be a Fu**ing Dynamo" as Rosey reaches for the 12 yr. old Jameson and a Guinness to wash it down....lol

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours BOSS!

I dont have a pic of it , I make a new one every year. This is for this year , I just need to print it out :

1) Benghazi
2) Obama or Bush
3) Gay Marriage
4) Fracking
5) Global Warming
6) Firearms
7) Women's Reproductive Rights
8) Routine Male Circumcision
9) Religion
10) Conspiracy Theories 
11) Any Other Party Line Opinions I May Have Forgotten

My family is an even mix of far left and far right and things can get EXTREMELY out of hand .

Howard , free speech does not apply. My house , my food , my rules. Don't like it? Go elsewhere.  

Sandy, this is too funny, lol!  I had to stop and think for a moment for a response.  So far the best ones I can come up with, as a Rosey-ism:

"Really, sound bites at the dinner table!?"  

"Please pass the chardonnay; I have to wash-down some BULLSHIT!"

"Take yer 4G phone and go sit in the corner and let us know when you wanna come back to the ADULT table for conversation!"

And in honor of Pete on this festive holiday:

"If BULLSHIT was electricity, you'd be a Fu**ing Dynamo" as Rosey reaches for the 12 yr. old Jameson and a Guinness to wash it down....lol

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours BOSS!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too Rosey :)

This Thanksgiving was a little different. Younger families often choose between parents and this year almost everybody was absent and we had it with a bunch of strangers (to me) that were mostly NJ libs.

So I went straight to guns.

One guy was an extremely annoying Yankees fan that couldn't stop talking. (I don't think he meant any harm, though). So I started talking about carrying to Phillies games and how a friend of mine found himself seated within 20 feet of Joe Biden around 2009-2010 while armed with 2 firearms. The conversation was brief but it generated a number of thoughtful questions and a few emotional (but respectful) inquiries as well, and my responses seemed satisfactory and appreciated.

Editor's note: Phillies no longer let civilians use gun lockers, you will have to take back to your car or leave if caught.

We had an uneventful dinner conversation-wise.

My nephew asked if I thought Obama or Bush was responsible for Benghazi. I told him the tragedy was a result of God, Allah, and Jehovah punishing Americans for gay marriage. That led my mother to ask whether I loved fracking more than global warming. "Mom, it depends on how many firearms I'm carrying on that particular day. I mean, we need some way to severely restrict women's reproduction rights. And besides, I'm still mad at you for having my foreskin removed lo! so many years ago but I don't mind when Muslims do even worse to young girls."

This set off a spirited discussion on which religion was best (shintoism, zoroastrianism, or Jainism), whether beastiality will be the next big pet topic, and my personal favorite that runaway immigration on our southern border was orchestrated by one-world tree-hugging bearded 300-lb lesbian dwarfs. 

We never got around to discussing gun control, abortion, and whether low-carb or low-fat is healthier.

We had an uneventful dinner conversation-wise.

My nephew asked if I thought Obama or Bush was responsible for Benghazi. I told him the tragedy was a result of God, Allah, and Jehovah punishing Americans for gay marriage. That led my mother to ask whether I loved fracking more than global warming. "Mom, it depends on how many firearms I'm carrying on that particular day. I mean, we need some way to severely restrict women's reproduction rights. And besides, I'm still mad at you for having my foreskin removed lo! so many years ago but I don't mind when Muslims do even worse to young girls."

This set off a spirited discussion on which religion was best (shintoism, zoroastrianism, or Jainism), whether beastiality will be the next big pet topic, and my personal favorite that runaway immigration on our southern border was orchestrated by one-world tree-hugging bearded 300-lb lesbian dwarfs. 

We never got around to discussing gun control, abortion, and whether low-carb or low-fat is healthier.

Our big dinner is actually tomorrow. 2 sibs are in the restaurant industry so they worked TG. I am printing this out , and passing it around if there are any violations of das verboten topics lol