Earlswagger

Larue Just pissed me off

Sorry, I want to rant for a moment. I have always been a fan of the Larue Tactical products when it comes to modern sporting rifles and such. That said, they had a Black Friday deal on their stock pack, it was the rat stock, grip, rail covers, etc. Anyway, it is half price. So I said, effit, I will order it. Placed my order, next day, cancelled! Reason- They don't ship RAT stocks to banned states! Now mind you, this is NOT a rifle, just the parts. I find this policy rude. And honestly it plain pisses me off! I wish some manufacturers wouldn't take their pro 2 A stance and work it against the little guy. I can't help that I live in a commie state. I am gainfully employed. and unfortunately my favorite hobby, happens to be in a state that hates guns.

I understand that they have their policy and whatnot, but I am pissed that they hold us in NJ responsible by electing to deny us parts.

Thank you, rant over.

Sorry, I want to rant for a moment. I have always been a fan of the Larue Tactical products when it comes to modern sporting rifles and such. That said, they had a Black Friday deal on their stock pack, it was the rat stock, grip, rail covers, etc. Anyway, it is half price. So I said, effit, I will order it. Placed my order, next day, cancelled! Reason- They don't ship RAT stocks to banned states! Now mind you, this is NOT a rifle, just the parts. I find this policy rude. And honestly it plain pisses me off! I wish some manufacturers wouldn't take their pro 2 A stance and work it against the little guy. I can't help that I live in a commie state. I am gainfully employed. and unfortunately my favorite hobby, happens to be in a state that hates guns.

I understand that they have their policy and whatnot, but I am pissed that they hold us in NJ responsible by electing to deny us parts.

Thank you, rant over.

I see you shoot at EFGA. do you know anyone that lives in PA? have it sent to them or PO boxes are pretty cheap if you order from company's will not ship items to NJ often enough to make it worth while. you can pick it up and modify it to be NJ legal and then drive back home. I have seen NJ residents pinning stocks in EFGA parking lot. I know its a bitch to jump through all the hoops but if you want it bad enough it is possible.

Thank you, rant over.

You buy stuff from Dick's, don't you?

Complaining about Pro-2A companies that don't want to deal with NJ bullshit isn't going to help NJ gun owners any. It's astonishing to watch you people lash out at the good guys but not do a damn thing for yourselves except pour money into anti-2A pockets. Plus they saw you touch yourself and buy ammo at Dick's. Santa saw it, too.

You are angry at the wrong people. It's like beating your wife because your boss won't give you a raise.

I don't buy from dicks.And please explain the correct people to be angry with. Actually, I don't care. You seem to miss my point.

It sucks. Be angry with Jersey. LaRue doesn't hate on us because of our accents. It's because we suck and they can't be bothered.

I don't have any good answers, bro, and I don't fault you for being frustrated. But I'm never going to blame a gun company for not wanting to concern themselves in Jersey business.

Heck, blame Walmart. They sell guns and ammo in almost every state. Same deal. Those blood money bastards at Sarco dumped Jersey. Heritage Guild opened their premier range right on the border and charges rates 3x what any other range does. At least they are looking for NJ business I guess (if fleecing people is noble).

I've been dealing with this for over 40 years. And it has only gotten worse. I used to go out to the Pine Barrens with what are now called "assault weapons" before that term existed, with 30-100 round mags. I've had cops take handguns off me and return them to me when I was 17. I've seen very crappy laws targeted at criminals turn into even crappier laws enforced only against law abiding citizens. Nobody here is more frustrated than me.

End my rant :)

Ah, that feels better.

It sucks. Be angry with Jersey. LaRue doesn't hate on us because of our accents. It's because we suck and they can't be bothered.

I don't have any good answers, bro, and I don't fault you for being frustrated. But I'm never going to blame a gun company for not wanting to concern themselves in Jersey business.

Heck, blame Walmart. They sell guns and ammo in almost every state. Same deal. Those blood money bastards at Sarco dumped Jersey. Heritage Guild opened their premier range right on the border and charges rates 3x what any other range does. At least they are looking for NJ business I guess (if fleecing people is noble).

I've been dealing with this for over 40 years. And it has only gotten worse. I used to go out to the Pine Barrens with what are now called "assault weapons" before that term existed, with 30-100 round mags. I've had cops take handguns off me and return them to me when I was 17. I've seen very crappy laws targeted at criminals turn into even crappier laws enforced only against law abiding citizens. Nobody here is more frustrated than me.

Ah, that feels better.

Better check your shorts. Sounded like a wet one.

Ah, that feels better.

The good old days

Seem's like LaRue is being "pro 2A" by making up more anti-gun laws. It is not illegal or even against NJAC to acquire, purchase, and deliver an adjustable stock in this state. LaRue seems to think it is and are either very uninformed, or playing the CYA game to the extreme at the cost of NJ gun owners.

A proper pro 2A stance would be to support gun owners behind the lines in any way they can by offering their goods and services while abiding by the letter of the law... which would be to allow the shipment legal gun accessories, which is pretty much anything that is not a mag over 15 rounds. Adjustable stocks and flash hiders are not illegal by law, only if they are combined with other parts on a SA rifle.

With LaRue's logic, a pistol grip should also be illegal to ship to NJ.

If the person ordering is breaking any laws by possessing the rest of the parts that could make a banned gun in NJ, that is at their own risk. Personally, I have things like this shipped to a friends house, and do the compliance work there before bringing it home to be mated up with the rest of the parts.

Thanks Dan, this is exactly what I was trying to say. This is the problem I have with the whole deal. And I also agree with all of you. I can do all of the PA. Things, and they are great ideas. I just feel like we shouldn't have to do all this shit, for something that isn't illegal to own in the first place.

Those parts are unregulated and should have been shipped. I hate companies that invent rules... Lets be PRO 2a and at the same time lets invent new regulations.

I guess they can be added to the list of companies with Ghost Rules.

Palmetto State Armory

Aim Surplus

Larue

Anyone care to Add to the list of companies that wont ship items to NJ that are completely Legal in NJ?

Those parts are unregulated and should have been shipped. I hate companies that invent rules... Lets be PRO 2a and at the same time lets invent new regulations.

I guess they can be added to the list of companies with Ghost Rules.

Palmetto State Armory

Aim Surplus

Larue

Anyone care to Add to the list of companies that wont ship items to NJ that are completely Legal in NJ?

They have a similar list. States with shitty gun laws that they don't want to worry about keeping up with. They would have to reprogram their website every other week after Christie leaves office. Heck, probably the Monday after Crhistie announces he's no longer in the presidential race.

Here is the difference between the two lists. Their list means you will miss out on some of the best stuff or some of the best prices. Your list means if every single person in NJ boycotted them their sales wouldn't drop 1%.

You need to realize that in most states all Title I firearms and all small arms ammunition are legal in all circumstances for all purposes, Amen. And NJ ACTIVELY pursues out of state companies in civil lawsuits for shit they don't like. Anybody who bought cigarettes online during the late 90s or early 2000s knows this. Those companies were forced into bankruptcy by NJ AND forced to turn over client lists and purchase records.

You come to the table with... What? "I'm from Jersey! Are you from Jersey?" And no money. The NRA doesn't even want your money at this point.

I would bet most of those companies also don't sell to Central America, even though many of their products are legal there. If I had two customers in Managua that wanted a 20 round box of 7.62x39 each month and I had to check the State Department website before selling to them I would politely tell them I am not interested. And then they would talk smack while I was waiting for the State Department website to be updated.

You think telling people not to buy from LaRue will restore recognition of your rights? Try directing your energy towards something useful. Like the people denying you your rights.

&

You think telling people not to buy from LaRue will restore recognition of your rights? Try directing your energy towards something useful. Like the people denying you your rights.

I'm not telling people to buy or not to buy... Larue wont sell them so it matters not.

In regards to directing my energy... I'm still here fighting for my rights... can you say the same?

Here is the difference between the two lists. Their list means you will miss out on some of the best stuff or some of the best prices. Your list means if every single person in NJ boycotted them their sales wouldn't drop 1%.

Those companies can do what they want.. This is not an Economic issue... Its an Issue of being hypocrites.Do

Don't claim to be a champion of the 2nd amendment and fighting unjust gun laws when your company is creating restrictions that don't exist. 

Have you spoken to PSA or Aim about why they wont ship  for example Lowers to NJ?  I have and the answer was simple.

Its illegal to sell lowers to NJ. That answer is NOT acceptable since they are completely wrong.

I love the selective outrage on this board, we have an entire thread dedicated to online retailers who won't ship certain items to NJ with the sole purpose of boycotting them.  But LaRue can't do no wrong  :facepalm: .  If I remember correctly no one defended CTD when they wouldn't ship adjustable stocks or asked for an FID to ship ammo. 

I love the selective outrage on this board, we have an entire thread dedicated to online retailers who won't ship certain items to NJ with the sole purpose of boycotting them.  But LaRue can't do no wrong  :facepalm: .  If I remember correctly no one defended CTD when they wouldn't ship adjustable stocks or asked for an FID to ship ammo. 

If this were facebook i would have (liked) this comment LOL

In regards to directing my energy... I'm still here fighting for my rights... can you say the same?

Not only am I fighting for my rights, I have made gains.

Can you say the same?

That's what I thought.

When is the last time you carried an AR on the steps of your state capitol? How many times this year have you gone inside and banged on doors to meet all of the various committee members? Do you have all of the state and local reps offices saved in your car GPS? And from the neighboring districts because you either bring friends or don't tell them precisely where you live?

What exactly have you done?

Lets see PA 10 years from now... Mip may have to move west.

Ah, you are one of those people that want other states to go down the toilet because yours is. A real patriot.

You can speculate where PA will be in 10 years.

I can tell you where Jersey will be in 10 years.

Lots of talk, little action, zero results.

Not only am I fighting for my rights, I have made gains.

Can you say the same?

That's what I thought.

When is the last time you carried an AR on the steps of your state capitol? How many times this year have you gone inside and banged on doors to meet all of the various committee members? Do you have all of the state and local reps offices saved in your car GPS? And from the neighboring districts because you either bring friends or don't tell them precisely where you live?

What exactly have you done?

Ah, you are one of those people that want other states to go down the toilet because yours is. A real patriot.

You can speculate where PA will be in 10 years.

I can tell you where Jersey will be in 10 years.

Lots of talk, little action, zero results.

What i want for Pa and what will happen is 2 separate things..   Lots of Transplanted NYers moving to PA.  Little by little as sad as it is PA will change.. Just ask the Upstate NYers how much their votes meant.

NJ i'm sure will be worse.  The more the cities grow the less the rest of us have a say. thats just a fact... The cities have such large populations they will at some point just have ruling power over the rest of us.... Just look at the national map.... Where do you see politicians spending most of there time... its certainly not the Rural areas.

In regards to what iv done. Iv done plenty. Iv sat in meetings with NJ Legislators which of course got no place. I vote and I give Money to the candidate that has my interests...  Did i carry my AR to the steps of city hall.... Well No as i think that has the opposite effect Pro gun people think it has.

Our goal should be to make your average person not be scared of gun owners... Strapping an AR on your back only reinforces that opinion and makes us look exactly how the antis want us to look..

Those companies can do what they want.. This is not an Economic issue... Its an Issue of being hypocrites.Do

Don't claim to be a champion of the 2nd amendment and fighting unjust gun laws when your company is creating restrictions that don't exist. 

Have you spoken to PSA or Aim about why they wont ship  for example Lowers to NJ?  I have and the answer was simple.

Its illegal to sell lowers to NJ. That answer is NOT acceptable since they are completely wrong.

PSA wont ship lowers to NJ ?  When did that happen ?  I have ordered all sorts of things from them and never had issues.