Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Under amour camo

I hAd to buy all new camo this year. I decided to try ua. I got the speed freek jacket. Thing was $200 and had the infrared insulation. Well to put it simply I froze my ass off in that coat. Ended up returning it and getting the gun powder one.

Dude, you need to give us a little more info if you want people to even remotely understand this '"Review"

I wear the UA storm, upper and lowers in the early season and im toasty warm with my base layers underneath.. I'd say it was good for no less then 40 degrees.

Now if i wore that yesterday (24 degrees in the morning) i would have froze my ass off. Yesterday i wore UA 2.0 base layer, 2 thermal leggings on top a pair of sweat pants and my cabelas 1600 waders. Uppers was another UA 2.0 layer, Tshirt, Sweat shirt... my UA Storm jacket and then my cabelas jacket... I was warm... but i was not hot or cold... sitting in our blind for a couple hours..

Im wearing $1k in clothing on days its near 20 degrees out.. When it gets any colder the buddy heater comes out.

When it comes to being warm there is no fooling around, it can ruin a day.. If you dont have a parka and pair of bibs in your arsenal of warmth i would suggest looking into them.

I've tried and returned ua camo also. I also layer while hunting and its just not made for sitting in a stand all day. I think they cater to active hunters like spot and stalk and the like. My best advice would be to get bibs instead of pants for those freezing days. Hunting for hunting camo is not easy. Has to be silent without being to bulky, warm without making you sweat. I mainly bowhunt so being up in a tree looking like a marshmallow and warm will get you nowhere. Multiple thin layers with a jacket over top works. I wear ua 3.0 as a base, then a scent lok fleece layer and a wind,waterproof jacket over that with matching bibs. I do Sacrifice a little bulk to be warm but it works for me. If bowhunting I always sight my bow with my jacket on, you'd be surprised how much It can effect your shot.

I wear the under armor camo and love it. I wear under armor compression base layer and the bibs and jacket on top. That is great in cold in the upper 30's. I bought a field and stream jacket and pants that I use as an additional layer when it's any colder. I was in 9* weather the other day and only had cold feet. The next day I had feet warmers and all was good.