Sign in to follow this  
areacode201

Is it time to buy?

This is NOT a political thread, but let's take a look at our immediate climate.  Obama is a lame duck and the GOP has made gains in both houses of Congress.  Chris Christie is Governor of NJ until 2017 and he's demonstrated a willingness to veto anti-2A legislation.  We have also not had any national headline making firearms tragedies such as Newtown in some time.  Is now the time for us to "stock up?"  I can only see the 2A climate in NJ getting worse over long term looking forward.  Anyone have thoughts on this?  

If it happens, NJSP will review the records of all NJ FFLs and they'll know who we are.   They'll go back 10 years and start collecting and jailing.

The NJSP doesn't have enough staff to deal with the duties they have been given now........... no way they would have the ability to physically visit every FFL in NJ and search through hand written A&D books for guns that would possibly be made illegal and then try to track down what the owners did with them years later.

In 2017 to put it mildly, I will not comply, and they can come and ask for it and they will not get it.  Out of state it will go. Did it before, will do it again.  Then I will move from this godforsaken place to 'merica, better half or not.  As one gets older and can see the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train, real values and freedom means more.  Don't F with old men, we don't care anymore.

Chris Christie has demonstrated NO willingness to veto any of the anti gun legislation put before him,   He has only demonstrated his future political aspirations which happen to include trying to show the people who live in the U.S. that he is "pro gun" which we know he is as anti-gun as any of the fifth columnists who occupy political offices throughout NJ.    We gun owners in NJ just happen to have reaped the benefits of his future dreams by the bills he did veto.   

Anecdotally, I bought Fiocchi 62 gr. 5.56 ammo @ $0.30 per round shipped in April 2011 and that was the best that could be had then.

I see prices back to those levels now so I'm going long on that after buying in at $0.36-0.40 per round last year.  YMMV.

In 2017 to put it mildly, I will not comply, and they can come and ask for it and they will not get it.  Out of state it will go. Did it before, will do it again.  Then I will move from this godforsaken place to 'merica, better half or not.  As one gets older and can see the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train, real values and freedom means more.  Don't F with old men, we don't care anymore.

Well said T Bill.  I am not sure of your age but I am 58 and 60 is about a wet fart away.  I too find that some things mean much more to me than they did in the past.

There is no way I can live in this hell hole of a state once I stop working full time.  Then its time to downsize and move south somewhere near the a beach in free America.

60 has come and gone.  I am getting older and tired of the same old crap.  The Democrats promised a better NJ and for the last 40 years nothing has changed for the better only worse.  Hard to believe people still vote for them.  I believe this state is now in the worse shape out of the 50 (Obama tells me there is 57 but what does he know).  Cali has weather, beautiful country, NY the capital of the world to help them hang on, NJ has jack.  Can't wait to get out of here, everyday gets worse.

Ammo and guns are approaching a bottom right now. Time to buy. Further, surplus/foreign guns and ammo run out forever, one after the other.

If you are worried about NJ, don't spend your money worrying about NJ. There is nothing you can do to "get ahead of" NJ gun laws. You buy guns and ammo because you want them, you need them, to prepare, or because you know they will be more expensive and/or unavailable in the future.