Albanian

Purchasing high capacity mags out of state and keeping them out of state.

My friend's brother moved to PA a few months ago, he lives only five minutes out of the way on the way to Easton Fish and Game. I recently purchased a M&P 15 Sport. I have one ten round magazine and I bought one fifteen round magazine when I purchased the rifle. However I'd love to use a thirty round magazine. Now I know that it is illegal to purchase, possess, or manufacture a magazine over fifteen rounds in NJ and it is illegal to transport one into NJ. However, as a NJ resident, can I legally purchase a thirty round magazine in PA and drop it off at my friend's brother's house before coming back into NJ? I could then just leave it at his house and use it whenever I go to Easton Fish and Game and drop it off before going home and it will never come with me to NJ. As far as I am aware this is completely legal. The only complication would be if the store refuses to sell to me. I could then just purchase one online and have it shipped to his house I suppose.

Is that legal? As long as I never bring it across state lines into the PRNJ?

IANAL, but I personally see nothing illegal in doing this. As long as the mag physically does not cross a state line you aren't breaking any laws that I am aware of...

I think you might experience issues buying 30rders in Heritage Guild / Sarco just because they are right on the border and might be on a safe side, but if you go to Cabela's in Hamburg I very much doubt anyone will be checking your residence to buy a mag...

EDIT: P.S. In the end of the day just ask you friend's brother to buy you some mags with his PA ID.

Completely legal for you to purchase and leave in PA. Just don't cross the Delaware with them. With that said, you may deal with some hassles from border-area stores. I would order them online and have them shipped to your friend's house. Most online retailers will happily ship to a legal address even with a NJ billing address.

My friend's brother moved to PA a few months ago, he lives only five minutes out of the way on the way to Easton Fish and Game. I recently purchased a M&P 15 Sport. I have one ten round magazine and I bought one fifteen round magazine when I purchased the rifle. However I'd love to use a thirty round magazine. Now I know that it is illegal to purchase, possess, or manufacture a magazine over fifteen rounds in NJ and it is illegal to transport one into NJ. However, as a NJ resident, can I legally purchase a thirty round magazine in PA and drop it off at my friend's brother's house before coming back into NJ? I could then just leave it at his house and use it whenever I go to Easton Fish and Game and drop it off before going home and it will never come with me to NJ. As far as I am aware this is completely legal. The only complication would be if the store refuses to sell to me. I could then just purchase one online and have it shipped to his house I suppose.

Is that legal? As long as I never bring it across state lines into the PRNJ?

Slap ME!  Of course it's legal to buy 30's, so why stop there you big Pussy, lol?  Buy Beta Mags and grow a real set of balls, lol!

Seriously, you're a member of EFG Assn and don't already know this?  Hell, if I was running that place I'd sell locker space to you Jersey Guys so you could keep all sorts of PA legal stuff in PA!  Just because the Guild doesn't wish to sell stuff at the border doesn't mean you can't buy it in Free America, lol!  Just don't TRANSPORT it to NJ!   The Guild is merely attempting to "streamline" their operation and not having to deal with stupid magazine questions all day is part of the process, lol!  See that huge fireworks store across the highway from Sarco?  "Welcome to PA....AMERICA STARTS HERE" is what the signage used to say back when Tom Ridge was PA's Governor, lol!

I can own and USE fully automatic guns in Free America, and keep them in my underground bunker / gun safe at my 100th home I own, even if my main full-time, address is somewhere in the PRNJ.  Does THAT last sentence get my point across, lol?

I already do this. a good friend of mine lives close to EFGA and I keep anything I am not allowed to have in NJ at his place and I have a key to his house and pick up my mags when ever I want to shoot at EFGA. there is no law against owning standard capacity mags just possessing them in NJ

I've never even heard of such nonsense. It's as legal as keeping a blowup doll at your friend's brother's house. And apparently just as taboo of a subject for a Jersey resident.

If anybody carded me to buy a mag I'd wave my dick at them. I'll give a free 30 round mag to your 4 year old kid. Loaded with hollowpoints. Tell him not to take it back to Jersey.

I have no idea what happens to you guys. Carded for mags? Many of you claim you are carded for ammo. Are you walking in wearing Camden New Jersey High School hoodies and throwing gang signs? I've bought mags and ammo hundreds of times from Scranton to Gettysburg, I've never had anybody ask me if I'm from Jersey or card me in any way. Twice in my life (out of a hundred times at least) I had little kids at Walmart ask me if the 9mm I was buying was for a rifle or a handgun. Both times I told them it was for a machinegun and they STFU. Maybe there is a "machinegun" button on the Walmart cash registers, I have no idea.

I've never even heard of such nonsense. It's as legal as keeping a blowup doll at your friend's brother's house. And apparently just as taboo of a subject for a Jersey resident.

If anybody carded me to buy a mag I'd wave my dick at them. I'll give a free 30 round mag to your 4 year old kid. Loaded with hollowpoints. Tell him not to take it back to Jersey.

I have no idea what happens to you guys. Carded for mags? Many of you claim you are carded for ammo. Are you walking in wearing Camden New Jersey High School hoodies and throwing gang signs? I've bought mags and ammo hundreds of times from Scranton to Gettysburg, I've never had anybody ask me if I'm from Jersey or card me in any way. Twice in my life (out of a hundred times at least) I had little kids at Walmart ask me if the 9mm I was buying was for a rifle or a handgun. Both times I told them it was for a machinegun and they STFU. Maybe there is a "machinegun" button on the Walmart cash registers, I have no idea.

Touche!  Ya got me pissin' my pants over here Fox, lol!  Camden hoodies, et-al a real belly-laugh!  (wiping-off coffee'd monitor as I type, lol).

You guys crack me the hell up. Thanks for the responses. I'm still laughing at "wave my dick at them".

I said "high capacity" as tongue in cheek, I should have put the quotes.

I probably will just order them and have it shipped to my friend and keep them there until I move to PA but for the hell of it see if I could buy them myself as well at Cabela's or something.

Sure you can, I have hi-cap mags sitting in PA just over the bridge.

Not illegal BUT some dealers might not sell them to you IF they find out you are a NJ resident.

Never been asked for ID when buying mags, make no mention of NJ and bring cash...never had a problem.

That mag would only be illegal in NJ if someone built a semi auto version of it............

I've wondered about this. If I owned an M16, and 30 round mags for it, and got caught with them in Jersey by Blulinefish, would I beat the rap? Obviously I would not have the M16 with me in Jersey.

I heard back around 2002 that Evan Nappen (some years prior) got somebody off a mag limit charge because the mags were for a NJ registered machinegun, which is not an "Assault Weapon."

I remember hearing he got somebody off (from 30-round mags) because the Cops never actually loaded the mag and FIRED it to make sure it would in fact fire the 16th round.  Dude has his shit out in the open and the landlord came in the apartment to do something of an emergency nature.  Saw the guns laying-out in the open and called the Cops.  Those kind of stunts get a chance or two before everybody remembers to do the checking, so, alas, the "did it fire the 16th round" trick got used-up.......

I've wondered about this. If I owned an M16, and 30 round mags for it, and got caught with them in Jersey by Blulinefish, would I beat the rap? Obviously I would not have the M16 with me in Jersey.

I heard back around 2002 that Evan Nappen (some years prior) got somebody off a mag limit charge because the mags were for a NJ registered machinegun, which is not an "Assault Weapon."

M16 mags fit semi autos, so you'd be beat. You can have mags that ONLY fit a full auto of any capacity in NJ, you just need to make sure no one came out with a semi auto version of that firearm because that will make the mags instantly illegal if the hold more than 15 rounds.

M16 mags fit semi autos, so you'd be beat. You can have mags that ONLY fit a full auto of any capacity in NJ, you just need to make sure no one came out with a semi auto version of that firearm because that will make the mags instantly illegal if the hold more than 15 rounds.

So I can have MP40 mags in NJ? No semi auto version in 9x19 exists that I know of.

Can you point to anything in the law? IMA probably won't ship them to me even if they are legal...

So I can have MP40 mags in NJ? No semi auto version in 9x19 exists that I know of.

Can you point to anything in the law? IMA probably won't ship them to me even if they are legal...

There are semi MP40s in 9mm. I can't believe they never caught on, they are bad ass. I would buy one if they weren't so expensive and worked. There are still kits out there, somebody should build more in semi.