Sign in to follow this  
koontz946

Another good experience at Bullet Hole

Yesterday I took my 5th and 6th new shooters to the BH (my mom and my 14 y.o. sister.)

I went over range rules and safety rules, and they had a great time with my P226 and WW-15.

The R.O. (John?) has been there the last few times I've gone, and was pleasant.  He even asked a guy shooting a pistol in a rifle port to move (politely) to a pistol port, so we could get going faster.  Also, when another new shooter next to us was bothered by the noise and concussion, he let them move to a port one farther away.  (We did pause our shooting while she tried to build up the nerve, and explained that we had two new female shooters in our group, but I don't think it worked... hopefully another time!)

I was glad that they didn't feel 'put-off' or out of place at all, and am confident that they feel a lot more comfortable around firearms.

Not sure how to take that one to be honest... so I'll chalk it up to 1A.

Bullet hole = shit hole is what he is trying to say. People shoot themselves quite often over there. Personally never shot there, after several visits to the store, I have no desire to make any purchases really as its overcrowded and staff gets confused at times... bought some powder though at one time.....   I highly suggest going to Woodland Park (my favorite but busy) or RTSP if you are not a Cherry Ridge member (as THAT IS the only place to shoot really around NNJ)

I'm a fan of Bullethole.  Always have a positive experience and I find that the RO's are helpful.

Wow.  I stopped going to indoor ranges for 12 years because my experiences at BH were so terrible.  In my RSO and CRSO courses every example of what you shouldn't do as an RSO were things that the BH guys did all the time, every time.

I never saw anyone shoot themselves, but I did see a guy shoot out a lightbulb.   And then a second one 15 minutes later.  Probably because he was holding his pistol sideways while grabbing his crotch.