sleepinducer01

Coming back from Afghanistan and warned of ISIS threat to military personnel. Can i obtain a Concealed carry permit??

Went to my local NJSP barracks to apply for a CCW last summer.  I am active NJ Air National Guard, qual'd on an M-9 and hold a military CCW.  I walked in after Chattanooga with an official homeland security memo from the HQ NJ National Guard warning of potential home grown extremism against members of the military.  I had a completed application, a letter of need, copies of my military weapon qual, copy of my military CCW, etc... walked in there in uniform and I was literally laughed at.  I was told I'd never get approved.  When I asked the trooper behind the counter why they get to carry off duty, he told me it was to defend themselves from gang members because they're police officers.  I said, OK, when was the last time one of your guys here was attacked by a gang member around here.  He couldn't answer me of course.  I then asked him what the difference between that and the potential for extremism against military members was and he continued with his opinion that I didn't have specific threats against me and no justifiable need.

When I asked my TAG about this, he had mentioned they were talking about it at the state level.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's going anywhere.  This state sucks.  I'm still going on 8 months since I applied for a purchase permit with the SP and haven't gotten back yet.  It was issued at 5 months, never got a call it was ready, picked it up 2 months after it was issued, went back to get it extended, they took it back to send to Trenton for an extension and it's been two months since with no calls.

I saw we just flood the Supreme Court with CCW requests.  The problem is getting past the Chiefs at the local PD's or SP barracks.  They have to process the paperwork and a lot of them don't want to be bothered.  

^^^ NJ2AS is really getting active with publishing video of such encounters. I say do the same again with video recording and give a copy over to NJ2AS to publish it. Active military, qualified, ISIS threat, walks into NJSP for NJ CCW only to be laughed at for an otherwise serious situation.

Went to my local NJSP barracks to apply for a CCW last summer.  I am active NJ Air National Guard, qual'd on an M-9 and hold a military CCW.  I walked in after Chattanooga with an official homeland security memo from the HQ NJ National Guard warning of potential home grown extremism against members of the military.  I had a completed application, a letter of need, copies of my military weapon qual, copy of my military CCW, etc... walked in there in uniform and I was literally laughed at.  I was told I'd never get approved.  When I asked the trooper behind the counter why they get to carry off duty, he told me it was to defend themselves from gang members because they're police officers.  I said, OK, when was the last time one of your guys here was attacked by a gang member around here.  He couldn't answer me of course.  I then asked him what the difference between that and the potential for extremism against military members was and he continued with his opinion that I didn't have specific threats against me and no justifiable need.

When I asked my TAG about this, he had mentioned they were talking about it at the state level.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's going anywhere.  This state sucks.  I'm still going on 8 months since I applied for a purchase permit with the SP and haven't gotten back yet.  It was issued at 5 months, never got a call it was ready, picked it up 2 months after it was issued, went back to get it extended, they took it back to send to Trenton for an extension and it's been two months since with no calls.

I saw we just flood the Supreme Court with CCW requests.  The problem is getting past the Chiefs at the local PD's or SP barracks.  They have to process the paperwork and a lot of them don't want to be bothered.  

Military CCW?? Never heard of that??

Yes. On my AF 523 - Authorization to Bear Arms, I have a note on the back that says, M-9 Concealed. I am aircrew and we are supposed to carry concealed for anti-hijacking purposes during certain PAX hauling missions. Not all mil members are allowed to conceal carry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am currently disturbed by this topic because i'm reading articles stating the root of ISIS was Camp Bucca in 08 which is when and where i was there.  There is a picture of me and my name and rank at the time which is also tied to my unit and state so i am interested in this as well/

There was talk several pages back about leadership not wanting to take responsibility for pushing this up the chain. I had heard the unit JAG recommended they not get involved so it never went anywhere. If we do anything, we'll have to take matters into our own hands. The problem is there are plenty of other anti-gun issues in this state to deal with given the responsibilities of carrying a concealed weapon here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Call the FIU (Firearms Investigation Unit) in West Trenton. Ask to speak to the Captain in charge of the FIU guys that do the background checks. Tell him your story. Don't take "no" for an answer. If that doesn't get you an answer, considering writing your State rep. and senator.

S.

Please elaborate

Ck the Nj2as section on this forum.

First, let me thank you for your service to our country.

Second, and understand what I'm about to say, your plight is the kinda thing that pulls at the heart strings. I'm jus a schmo.

I think your story needs more light shined on it , it would help all of us.

• Like 1

The NJSP do not even trust their own retired officers. They won't qualify them for carry permits. Why would they consider anyone else having one?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.