checko

PIG SMS sling

Im wondering what you all think of this sling. Looks like it could have some functionality for SPR type rifles but I'm concerned with the extra leg being just more of a snag hazard. Otherwise just looks like a vtac sling.

PIG - SMS Sling Demo:

I'm gonna have to call bs on that live fire demo at the end, theres no reason he couldn't manage a better grouping the first time around, especially from what looks to be a 1-6 variable optic.

It is not a 1-6 it is probably something in the 9 or 10 range, but that makes no difference because more scope power doesn't make you hold the gun steadier, you can have all the scope in the world if you are shaking your not hitting.

The second group is about 2-3" the first is one is larger because he was trying to find a position that worked. I agree that if you look only at the second part of his first group the difference is not that large.

I personally find that type of sling useless, but thats me, highpower trained shooters will tell you that they rock.

It is not a 1-6 it is probably something in the 9 or 10 range, but that makes no difference because more scope power doesn't make you hold the gun steadier, you can have all the scope in the world if you are shaking your not hitting.

This is so true. I have the hardest time telling people this.

A magnified optic will make you see better, it will not make you shoot better. If you can't shoot, all a scope will help you do is see your misses.

The first group (minus the flyer) isn't much bigger than the second group. Plus, he could just as easily have had a flyer on the second group.

I never cared for the cuff sling high power shooters use. It gets great results for them, but seems so competition oriented and removed from practical application. Just my opinion or course, but I prefer a hasty sling. That is why a two point sling with quick sliding adjustment is my preference.