Golf battery

Value of mounted sheep and deer

So i have mounted an axis deer corsican ram and a four horned texas dall. I really dont know their value and id like to sell them. Does anyone know values and asking prices for them. Id put pictures but dont really know how to do that. I can email them. Just looking for some advice with this.

the only way around it in NJ is you would have to lease the deer mount to someone say 99 years then in 99 years they can come bring it back , its has and is done here . as far as what the mounts are worth the deer would depend on rack size and the shape of mount . same goes for the ram if the ram has a pretty unusual color pattern it may bring a little more . but an estimate without seeing pics would be $300-375 on deer  400+ on ram , you maybe check into selling them to a sporting goods or a country restaurant that may have some mounts a lot of places will buy mounts for decor purposes .

They would love my dining room lol. My niece calls it "the room of death", like ace Ventura pet detective movie lol. Mrs. Deerslayer has a father that worked for NJ Fish and game for 25 years. Luckily for me she's into it, and cooks game exclusively. We only buy chicken from the grocery store and if we do its organic.

Gimmie a price. Ill try to make mrs deerslayer happy It could be her christmas gift.

I can't hang anything that didn't die by my hand. I'm sure they are beautiful mounts though. And I'm also sure she would much rather have a new Michael Kors or Coach purse under the tree. If I gave her a mount she would probably punch me in the face lol.

Conservation laws are complex, in all 50 states.

New Jersey Statute 23:4-27
http://law.onecle.com/new-jersey/23-fish-and-game-wild-birds-and-animals/4-27.html

Also a case that tested this:
http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-published/1993/261-n-j-super-339-1.html

Also review N.J.S.A. 23:4-1 regarding the original "possession seal" or tag that was to remain affixed to your bear, turkey or deer. (Now there is electronic registration.)

Other oddities:
- In the case of road killed deer, only the meat is allowed to be possessed provided a road kill permit is attained. "The possession of all other parts such as antlers, under terms of this permit, are expressly prohibited."

- Shed antlers found are legal to possess, the skull of a dead deer with antlers affixed is not. Finding a deer head and possessing it is illegal. (I.E. Taking this home would be a no-no.) [Pic posted on NJH forum yesterday]

28856d1418090292-big-head-found-but-no-d

- Finding a dead deer and cutting off the antlers is illegal.

"Possession of naturally shed deer antlers is legal. Parts of deer possessed, other than shed antlers, must be from lawfully harvested deer. Proof of lawful harvest (Confirmation Number or seal) should be retained for verification. Road killed deer with a permit are intended only for consumption; antler possession from these deer is not legal."

"Antlers," depending upon how they were acquired, are considered property of the state.

*And we thought our gun laws were crazy.

please tell me that you're joking? please?

if not, what is their reasoning behind THIS one?

If it were legal to sell deer parts, scumbags would be poaching deer to cut them up and sell them. Before you know it no more deer. The only parts legal to sell are Hides, and lower legs that's it. Can't sell meat, or any other part of a deer. Licensed trappers can sell furs that's about it. This is also federal law not just NJ law. game wardens often troll Craigs list to buy taxidermy then bust the people selling it.

I got it figured out. Worth 1400$. Anybody want em for 800

Try calling Pub199 in Mt. Arlington. I know George that owns the place is a hunter and has killed most of what's mounted in the place. When it burnt down a couple years back he lost probably 100 mounts George may be interested in them for the restaurant. I think they are building a new one in PA as well, could be looking to decorate with death over there too. It's worth a quick phone call at least.

• "Finding a dead deer and cutting off the antlers is illegal."

I see this done everyday almost in Burlington County. Quite a few "headless" deer lying on the sides of the road.

Big bucks hit on the GSP up by me won't last an hour on the side of the road before someone takes a Sawzall or hacksaw to one, and it can be anytime during the day when this happens.

• "Finding a dead deer and cutting off the antlers is illegal."
I see this done everyday almost in Burlington County. Quite a few "headless" deer lying on the sides of the road.

I witnessed some local idiot take the head off a white deer right down the road from me. To this day I regret not calling the cops.

I witnessed some local idiot take the head off a white deer right down the road from me. To this day I regret not calling the cops.

Cops can't do anything except call the division. If you ever witness that act again get a license plate # and call the operation game theft phone number on the division website. Www.njfishandwildlife.com. That guy will receive a visit at home from a conservation officer later that day for sure. Wouldn't hurt to snap a photo of the act or maybe record on video the guy removing parts from the carcass, if you can do so from a safe distance.