munchie

Magazine Question

Hi all,

After a long long long wait I finally got my FID and I want to get the CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm.  The problem is no one has it and I found it online but it comes with 18 rd mags.  I was told they will ship to the dealer without mags and they will ship the mags to somewhere else if I want.  So my question is, is it illegal for me to even have the 18 rd mags in my possession?  I was thinking of just selling it and get the 10 rd mags but if it is illegal to even possess it then I won't do it.

Hi all,

After a long long long wait I finally got my FID and I want to get the CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm.  The problem is no one has it and I found it online but it comes with 18 rd mags.  I was told they will ship to the dealer without mags and they will ship the mags to somewhere else if I want.  So my question is, is it illegal for me to even have the 18 rd mags in my possession?  I was thinking of just selling it and get the 10 rd mags but if it is illegal to even possess it then I won't do it.

in pfrnj mere possession of those 18 rounders can win you a free trip to the greybar resort.

If you want a list of dealers that won't have a problem shipping the mags to your NJ FFL, do a search for 'NJ friendly retailers' and check the third post from the top (I'd post a link, but I seem to be having problems). Of course, this assumes you have an FFL willing to pin the mags. Off the top of my head, I know Steve/Monmouth Arms will do so.

You can't have 18 round mags in NJ, unfortunately.

But...you can have the dealer pin/block the mags to 15 rounds or less.

Check with the dealer first not all offer this service, if they will not block them see if they will ship it without mags and offer a discount since you get buy blocked mags for that CZ online.

I visited Heritage Guild Easton yesterday and seems to be a lot of hate for NJ residents.

1. They have exploding targets with a sign that they aren't for sale to NJ residents.

2. There's a sign that they won't sell higher capacity mags to NJ residents along with a warning that they card.

I don't have anywhere to shoot exploding targets, nor was I planning to buy regular capacity magazines, but WTF!!!! I was already annoyed that the rental menu on their website isn't up to date, but those policies stopped me from spending any money there. I was going to rent an HK P30 in .40sw, but screw it.

I visited Heritage Guild Easton yesterday and seems to be a lot of hate for NJ residents.

1. They have exploding targets with a sign that they aren't for sale to NJ residents.

2. There's a sign that they won't sell higher capacity mags to NJ residents along with a warning that they card.

I knew it.

Wave your dick at them. That's what I would do.

They started that place place in Easton specifically to "service" (LOL) Jersey people and look how it turned out.

I don't have anywhere to shoot exploding targets, nor was I planning to buy regular capacity magazines, but WTF!!!! I was already annoyed that the rental menu on their website isn't up to date, but those policies stopped me from spending any money there. I was going to rent an HK P30 in .40sw, but screw it.

I would tell them to F off, plenty of other places to buy whatever you want with no questions or BS

For all of the heritage guild haters, you clearly have not thought this through.  HG operates in NJ and PA.  If the PA location sold something illegal in NJ (like it or not) to a NJ resident then HG could be brought up on federal charges.  If you don't like that fact, fine, but don't blame HG for protecting their business.  mipa, nobody wants to see your dick under any circumstances..

For all of the heritage guild haters, you clearly have not thought this through.  HG operates in NJ and PA.  If the PA location sold something illegal in NJ (like it or not) to a NJ resident then HG could be brought up on federal charges.  If you don't like that fact, fine, but don't blame HG for protecting their business.  mipa, nobody wants to see your dick under any circumstances..

Your theory (which is NOT FACT, merely your OPINION) doesn't "hold water" as my Cousin Vinny would say:  The Walton Family owns a few retail stores in a few states.  In Free America they (WALMART) sell all sorts of things that are "restricted" in NJ.  BB guns, hi-cap mags, evil hollow point bullets in every caliber, et-al.  The family has retail establishments in NJ, yet the Feds haven't closed them down.  Please explain exactly how this "federal charges" thing you spoke of is going to happen AND WHEN??

This is going to be real entertaining, lol :popcorn:  :beach:  :banghead:  :bye:

There are no federal regulations on mags (domestically). I can dress up as Batman, take them to elementary schools and hand them out in Easter baskets. Now, FFLs have told me they will not sell a firearm with a mag over 15 rounds to a NJ resident because they consider that a firearm not legal in NJ. As for BB guns, Walmart won't sell you a BB gun if you are under 18. 5 year olds can buy all the 30 round mags they want.

The issue for Heritage Guild and Sarco is that they have a physical presence in NJ. If the NJ AG wanted to take action against them for something, they can seize their assets in NJ easily and tie them  up in court for a long period of time and great expense to these companies. Some PA dealer who has no NJ presence does not have to worry about that since the NJ AG has no authority to seize a business in PA, the only thing the NJ AG could do is to file a lawsuit against them.

The issue for Heritage Guild and Sarco is that they have a physical presence in NJ. If the NJ AG wanted to take action against them for something, they can seize their assets in NJ easily and tie them  up in court for a long period of time and great expense to these companies. Some PA dealer who has no NJ presence does not have to worry about that since the NJ AG has no authority to seize a business in PA, the only thing the NJ AG could do is to file a lawsuit against them.

I thought Sarco moved all operations to PA? I remember reading one of the Sarco shotgun news ads and it sounded like they were moving everything to PA?

The still have a warehouse in Sterling, NJ. Charlie owns that building, so he hasn't totally left NJ. When you order gun parts from Sarco, there's a good chance the part is in Sterling - Sarco then transports it to PA and mails it out from there.

The still have a warehouse in Sterling, NJ. Charlie owns that building, so he hasn't totally left NJ. When you order gun parts from Sarco, there's a good chance the part is in Sterling - Sarco then transports it to PA and mails it out from there.

Didn't know that, I thought the NJ side packed up. So I guess they have a NJ retail license and FFL to legally operate here?

I call BS!  And it's even worse, it's CANDY-ASS BS!  The Gestapo isn't going to storm into a brick and mortar location in NJ because a PA store owned by the same holders legally sell things in PA.  The PA store has NO liability whatsoever for transacting business with walk-in customers.  The signage and everything else is nothing more than ass-kissing, something that NJ retailers are FOND of doing.....  My Walmart example is proof positive as far as BB guns are concerned.  Why hasn't the Gestapo invaded a NJ Walmart for "the sins" of a PA Walmart?  There is ZERO PA law that requires PA retailers to ID a buyer of parts and acc's, PERIOD!  Receivers are a different story and fall under the federal regulations.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to hear from Scorpoi64 on exactly how the Feds are going to get involved....... 

And "Not for Nuthin'" as we say in Jersey, Sarco LOST their retail firearms license because they had to surrender it because lots of old shit GUNS in crates "went missing" during an inspection.  The NJSP pulled their license, but the Feds gave them a pass, so they moved to PA.

The problem with forums is uninformed people keep asking for OPINIONS and then other folks oblige them with their OPINIONS instead of FACTS!  And don't worry, I get where you're coming from...  the nice, safe, candy-ass normal approach that every FFL in the PRNJ comes from.........  OH my God I better err on the side of caution instead of merely following the law as written!

And THAT'S a FACT, lol!

I call BS!  And it's even worse, it's CANDY-ASS BS!  The Gestapo isn't going to storm into a brick and mortar location in NJ because a PA store owned by the same holders legally sell things in PA.  The PA store has NO liability whatsoever for transacting business with walk-in customers.  The signage and everything else is nothing more than ass-kissing, something that NJ retailers are FOND of doing.....  My Walmart example is proof positive as far as BB guns are concerned.  Why hasn't the Gestapo invaded a NJ Walmart for "the sins" of a PA Walmart?  There is ZERO PA law that requires PA retailers to ID a buyer of parts and acc's, PERIOD!  Receivers are a different story and fall under the federal regulations.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to hear from Scorpoi64 on exactly how the Feds are going to get involved....... 

And "Not for Nuthin'" as we say in Jersey, Sarco LOST their retail firearms license because they had to surrender it because lots of old shit GUNS in crates "went missing" during an inspection.  The NJSP pulled their license, but the Feds gave them a pass, so they moved to PA.

The problem with forums is uninformed people keep asking for OPINIONS and then other folks oblige them with their OPINIONS instead of FACTS!  And don't worry, I get where you're coming from...  the nice, safe, candy-ass normal approach that every FFL in the PRNJ comes from.........  OH my God I better err on the side of caution instead of merely following the law as written!

And THAT'S a FACT, lol!

So if they no longer have a NJ retail firearms license and they cannot have any firearms or receivers at the NJ location why would NJSP show up?

And THAT'S a FACT, lol!

Don't hold back. Let it out, man. :)

Don't hold back. Let it out, man. :)

LOL, it was either going to be YOU or ME, so I figured it was my turn, lol!

Meanwhile, if I cover my NJ license plates and park by the Dump Station at Cabela's, and be sure to put on my Osama Halloween mask, I can visit the "Tactical Isle" and scoop-up all of the 33 round Glock mags they have on the shelf AFTER I put a few thousand rounds of HOLLOW POINT pistol ammo in my shoppin' cart!  On the way to the register I can buy the outlawed "Whisperer" pellet rifle, an even dozen Cap and Ball revolvers and while I'm at it, I can purchase the latest duck CALL to shove up my ass as I walk out the door after a heavy lunch of BEER and Brats, as I attempted to fart to Kate Smith's "God Bless America", lol!

'Murica!

And THAT'S a FACT, lol!

Sarco especially is in a difficult spot, they do not have any dealers licenses in NJ but continue to operate there warehouse in Sterling where they have gun parts (but no firearms). NJ law requires a firearms dealers license to sell gun parts in NJ. Apparently the state is letting Sarco slide on the Sterling warehouse because no business is conducted out of that location, it's only a warehouse, all parts are sent to PA and shipped out from there. I think that fact that Sarco employs 30 or so people there and is the largest employer in Long Hill TWP was the main reason the state didn't shut them down completely, but that could change easily enough.

Sarco lost their license in NJ for a number of reasons, one of which was an employee stole around 12 handguns, but there were other issues in addition to that. The state looked at them as careless, the ATF looked at them as a victim of theft by a rouge employee.

As far as Walmart.......well they have more money the the state does, they aren't going to get pushed around by NJ. Smaller stores could easily be bankrupted by legal action if the state comes after them, even if they aren't breaking any laws and clear their name. NJ is suing a pizza chain in Florida for copy right infringement because they say there logo is a rip off off the GSP logo. Maybe the PA shops are being a bit paranoid, but I don't think the threat of legal action over high cap mags is just BS. Having a physical presence in NJ makes them a much easier target.

Sarco especially is in a difficult spot, they do not have any dealers licenses in NJ but continue to operate there warehouse in Sterling where they have gun parts (but no firearms). NJ law requires a firearms dealers license to sell gun parts in NJ. Apparently the state is letting Sarco slide on the Sterling warehouse because no business is conducted out of that location, it's only a warehouse, all parts are sent to PA and shipped out from there. I think that fact that Sarco employs 30 or so people there and is the largest employer in Long Hill TWP was the main reason the state didn't shut them down completely, but that could change easily enough.

Sarco lost their license in NJ for a number of reasons, one of which was an employee stole around 12 handguns, but there were other issues in addition to that. The state looked at them as careless, the ATF looked at them as a victim of theft by a rouge employee.

As far as Walmart.......well they have more money the the state does, they aren't going to get pushed around by NJ. Smaller stores could easily be bankrupted by legal action if the state comes after them, even if they aren't breaking any laws and clear their name. NJ is suing a pizza chain in Florida for copy right infringement because they say there logo is a rip off off the GSP logo. Maybe the PA shops are being a bit paranoid, but I don't think the threat of legal action over high cap mags is just BS. Having a physical presence in NJ makes them a much easier target.

I understand all about the Sarco case.  IMHO Sarco should have moved EVERYTHING to Free America!  Sarco isn't Heritage Guild.  Heritage Guild is the store with the stupid signage!  So round and round we go and still my worst fears are confirmed.  Everybody is fondly playing it "safe", walking on eggshells and erring on the side of Candy-Assed caution instead of merely following the letter of the law as it is written!  "Because maybe if they find-out we sell shit they don't like they'll get a hard-on for us and close us down"!  Even if it violates PA state laws to interfere with a lawful business and harass them in so doing.

If NJ were to pass a law saying it was illegal to sell hot dogs from a Sabret Cart, and I, as a Free American decided to travel across the PA border to a corner of Rt. 611 that has a Sabret Cart operating on it, would the GOON SQUAD come across the border and make trouble (in ANY way) for the Sabret Cart owner OR his brother who owns a Diner operating somewhere along Rt. 22 in Readington, NJ?  Now do we all see how stupid this looks??  

As for the Parkway sign, I've seen photos of it, and there are similarities, lol!

I'd love to hear from others who feel the same way I do!  So feel free to chime-in!

Long live Liberty and down with Candy-Asses!

I understand all about the Sarco case.  IMHO Sarco should have moved EVERYTHING to Free America!  Sarco isn't Heritage Guild.  Heritage Guild is the store with the stupid signage!  So round and round we go and still my worst fears are confirmed.  Everybody is fondly playing it "safe", walking on eggshells and erring on the side of Candy-Assed caution instead of merely following the letter of the law as it is written!  "Because maybe if they find-out we sell shit they don't like they'll get a hard-on for us and close us down"!  Even if it violates PA state laws to interfere with a lawful business and harass them in so doing.

If NJ were to pass a law saying it was illegal to sell hot dogs from a Sabret Cart, and I, as a Free American decided to travel across the PA border to a corner of Rt. 611 that has a Sabret Cart operating on it, would the GOON SQUAD come across the border and make trouble (in ANY way) for the Sabret Cart owner OR his brother who owns a Diner operating somewhere along Rt. 22 in Readington, NJ?  Now do we all see how stupid this looks??  

As for the Parkway sign, I've seen photos of it, and there are similarities, lol!

I'd love to hear from others who feel the same way I do!  So feel free to chime-in!

Long live Liberty and down with Candy-Asses!

I feel the same, the mags are legal where they are sold and can be purchased by anyone LEGALLY IN PERSON.

NJ cannot enforce laws outside of NJ, PA cannot enforce laws outside of PA.

The GSP sign case is interesting but it's a registered trademark and using it without permission from the State of NJ is illegal, you cannot compare the sign issue to the magazine issue.

Look at the fireworks ads we get in the mail here in NJ from PA stores, NJSP said it was illegal to send them out but they couldn't do anything.

Side note: We have better pie in Jersey :D

Florida-pizza-place-sued-for-using-Garde