munchie

Magazine Question

Regarding the GSP logo and the pizza chain in Florida, this is f*****g hysterical!!!

From the cease and desist order:

"Consumers who encounter [Jersey Boardwalk Pizza]'s mark as used in connection with its restaurant services will mistakenly assume that your client's use of the mark is authorized by NJTA and/or that the food items served at your client's restaurant are associated with the food served at the restaurants located in the services areas on the Garden State Parkway."

ROLMFAO NJ is afraid a small 2 restaurant chain will send the message to consumers that they are affiliated with or endorsed by NJTA 1,300 miles SOUTH of NJ?!?!?

Regarding the GSP logo and the pizza chain in Florida, this is f*****g hysterical!!!

From the cease and desist order:

"Consumers who encounter [Jersey Boardwalk Pizza]'s mark as used in connection with its restaurant services will mistakenly assume that your client's use of the mark is authorized by NJTA and/or that the food items served at your client's restaurant are associated with the food served at the restaurants located in the services areas on the Garden State Parkway."

ROLMFAO NJ is afraid a small 2 restaurant chain will send the message to consumers that they are affiliated with or endorsed by NJTA 1,300 miles SOUTH of NJ?!?!?

F Jersey with a medium asteroid.

F Jersey with a medium asteroid.

But we have the best pie, you know the idiots that come to Ocean City and spend $26 on a s&&ty plain pie and plaster photos of it on FB and Twitter? :D

The State is crazy, how or why would someone in Florida say "it MUST be TRUE JOISEY STYLE PIE! it has the GSP SEAL OF APPROVAL!" if that's the case I feel sorry for them as they must not have eaten in a Jersey rest stop or they would realize the food is S&&T and the places are nasty.

Have you seen their EVERYTHING? Easier said than done.

They still find stuff from the 80's and 90's when cleaning! early this year in SGN they advertised some items that they found cleaning out (I presume) the Jersey warehouse that had not been available since the 80's/90's. God knows what they have in that place.

I feel the same, the mags are legal where they are sold and can be purchased by anyone LEGALLY IN PERSON.

NJ cannot enforce laws outside of NJ, PA cannot enforce laws outside of PA.

The GSP sign case is interesting but it's a registered trademark and using it without permission from the State of NJ is illegal, you cannot compare the sign issue to the magazine issue.

Look at the fireworks ads we get in the mail here in NJ from PA stores, NJSP said it was illegal to send them out but they couldn't do anything.

Side note: We have better pie in Jersey :D

Posted Image

They haven't come after us for this blatant copyright infringement yet... we all fly these logos on our rigs and drive them all over the state, quite a few jeeps with the decal on them, but they sue a pizzeria in FL. Give me a break, the tshirt shops on the boardwalk all sell t-shirts with that parkway logo on them I doubt the state licensed their sale.

Posted Image

They still find stuff from the 80's and 90's when cleaning! early this year in SGN they advertised some items that they found cleaning out (I presume) the Jersey warehouse that had not been available since the 80's/90's. God knows what they have in that place.

Actually, they've been SAYING that in Shotgun News since the 80s and 90s :)

It's a running joke.

^^^^The DUST in the warehouse IS from the 80's and 90's, lol!  And yeah, I guess everything would take a while to move, but at least the add in SGN would be up to date, lol!

That's funny :D

As for pizza, Jersey pretty much has not only the best pizza of various types, but more importantly the most widely available and common good pizza over such a large area. You have to be unlucky to find poor pizza at any pizzeria in NJ state-wide.

That's funny :D

As for pizza, Jersey pretty much has not only the best pizza of various types, but more importantly the most widely available and common good pizza over such a large area. You have to be unlucky to find poor pizza at any pizzeria in NJ state-wide.

Yep I know the dust is a running joke at Sarco :D nonetheless it's a funny one ;)

If I ever visit the Mipa Ranch I shall bring you two extra large Jersey pies w/ your choice of toppings as an offering :D