Sign in to follow this  
Golf battery

My first ak variant rifle

Finally did it. I was at tanners in pa. I couldnt resist. Its a cai m70 ab2. Paratrooper model from what ive read. Now i dont really know much about ak's It was 499$. I figured it cant be that bad. Anyone out there have this model. Like it or not ?

If it is the CIA M70 then it will have a US made barrel, can come with either a 

steel or a poly underfolder stock.

there are different versions of this rifle through the years. Is you rifle stamped "Zastava"

on the frame (on left side front)? if so, it's the original Yugo frame, if not it's a CIA rebuild.

Let see some photos of this M70........................

Id like to put pics on but dont know how. Ill figure it out soon. Yes its the foldable understock. Its on its way to bangers in s jersey to get compliance work done. I hear i should get a solid 4-5 moa out of it. ThAts going to be different after shooting ar style with around 1 moa. It was just so badass looking i had to do it. Any things I should be aware of on an ak platform. Breakdown cleaning or what not.

No, they dont know there getting it yet. Im wondering the same. I figure one of two ways. pin and weld on the rt side where it hinges. Or. Put a few welds around the hinge. The slant break i would think will be done the same as any muzzle brake. I was going to get 1000 rds of this tula ammo stuff. Are these ak' s finicky as to what type of ammo they take?

No and you'll be gtg with Tula

No, they dont know there getting it yet. Im wondering the same. I figure one of two ways. pin and weld on the rt side where it hinges. Or. Put a few welds around the hinge. The slant break i would think will be done the same as any muzzle brake. I was going to get 1000 rds of this tula ammo stuff. Are these ak' s finicky as to what type of ammo they take?

AK's will eat anything.

Dam - I hope they don't F-up a good rifle.....................

I hope you contact them in advance instead of just dropping an  assault rifle in their lap w/o

prior notice?!?! 

I can't speak for Bangers, but some dealer do not want to do compliance work on AK's

good folks or not, I would listen to Jack, you don't need an incorrect job done by someone who means well, but doesn't have experience. Please understand, I have no experience with Bangers, and they might know exactly what they are doing. But I would at least vet that before you let someone at your rifle. The best intensions don't always lead to the best job done.

Just my .02

Its all ok. Everyone calm done. Talked to chuck from bangers at the show today. He was right on par with what i was thinking. He'll do the work like it was his own rifle. And i thought the slant breaks were gtg but he advised otherwise so i picked up a true comp for it at the show and gave it to him. It looks like one of the troy mid evil comps. With the grating forks in the front.

lol gas swirling around make flash suppressor , thats a first. I am no way very experienced in Ak varients, maybe one day

slant brake is perfectly legal as long as its pinned etc...

I will contact you soon about the vp9 been tied up with some stuff.

Said how the gas comes out and swirls it It makes it as a flash suppressor. Tell me your thoughts. Og. Your thoughts. I know i heard you saying you have alot of experience with ak's. What about that vp9. Got time to stop by ?

An AK Slant break is NOT a flash hider, is NOT illegal in NJ (as long as it's pinned) and in my opinion (again MY opinion only)

putting a breacher type break (Like the Troy) look stupid on an  AK - but that's just me, I think an  AK should look like an AK.

Now don't get me wrong, if you feel you need a MB for a particular reason, then by all means get one, but to replace it because

some guy at Bangers told you it "swirls gas and becomes a FH" ........... :slap: