Sign in to follow this  
Foxhunter

Paper work for long guns

I have  many long guns some goes back long time some are newer, do I need to keep any paper  work with these guns or the Yellow card will do ?

Just in case I got stopped on the way to the range

For some of them I have no paper work at all. Thanks for any info you can give me

First time post

Thanks

Not sure if it's necessary but the shop I just bought my last rifle from told me to make a copy of the COE, keep the original in the safe and keep the copy in your range bag. I didn't think this was necessary but I didn't have time to have that conversation.

No COE or paperwork required.

I have plenty of shotguns and rifles with no paperwork that were inherited and never had a problem.

The FPID card will keep you out of jail as long as you follow the law (directly to and from a shooting rage).

The FPID will keep you out of trouble so long as the long guns are transported as per the statute (unloaded, cased, wrapped or in the trunk) and you stay out of prohibited places (schools, post offices, etc.).

You do not need a FPID if you are traveling directly from/to the range or any other exempt location.

The FPID will keep you out of trouble so long as the long guns are transported as per the statute (unloaded, cased, wrapped or in the trunk) and you stay out of prohibited places (schools, post offices, etc.).

You do not need a FPID if you are traveling directly from/to the range or any other exempt location.

Correct I should have mentioned the requirements to have the firearms unloaded, cased in the trunk.

While the FPID is not needed to possess a firearm or transport it to a range or gun shop having the card is still a good thing considering not every cop knows this.

Nappen says you can take that long gun anywhere guns are permitted if you have a FPID. He takes his to places in nj for q&a and only has his FPID and said its legal as long as its not loaded. Said in one video you could hang the rifle out your window while driving and you would still be legal. Probably not a great idea but this would make me think if you have a rifle and your FPID you can take it to a friends or other places not juat the to and from places.

Transporting firearms in New Jersey:

No COE or paperwork required.

I have plenty of shotguns and rifles with no paperwork that were inherited and never had a problem.

The FPID card will keep you out of jail as long as you follow the law (directly to and from a shooting rage).

i believe that the "directly to/from exempted location" thing does not apply to long guns, as long as you have your fPid. it only applies to pistols i think,.