DirtyDigz

M1A2 grenade adapter - NJ Legal?

Somehow I doubt anyone from Serbia will be willing to ship live ordnance via mail to the USA....

My Serbian contact only sells the practice grenade pictured.

haha good one.

just for record that's not what I meant :)

but I do wonder (will do research) what different types they had in service ...

Great Success!  I suspect the blanks I have are under-powered to what the Yugo was designed for, but they are still enough to have fun with.

The recoil from launching a grenade is *STOUT*.  I would not recommend shoulder firing it.  I tried one from the hip and it ached for a couple of days.

SKS_PRACTICE_GRENADE.MOV

Great Success! I suspect the blanks I have are under-powered to what the Yugo was designed for, but they are still enough to have fun with.

The recoil from launching a grenade is *STOUT*. I would not recommend shoulder firing it. I tried one from the hip and it ached for a couple of days.

You do realize you just made me buy one with that video... right?

Where did you get the blanks from?

You do realize you just made me buy one with that video... right?

Where did you get the blanks from?

These are the exact blanks I bought, but they appear to be out of stock now:

http://www.atlanticwallblanks.com/762X39-PRVI-PARTIZAN-BLANK_p_184.html

I bought a bunch.  If you're unable to find any give me a yell, I can probably part with a few boxes.

Thanks.

I actually found 3 boxes of this.

https://www.lohmanarms.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=BR762X39BL

Last ones, so sorry for anyone looking. Seems to be the same as the Brown Bear that is also on the site you linked... which said it was the same as Com-Block stuff in regards to pressure. Should be a little lighter that yours. Happy it is non-corrosive.

How is the fitment on your Yugo?

Also, how was the accuracy? I probably will try it out once or twice... then leave it in the safe as a cool toy. Always wanted to use that sight since I got my Yugo... well, actually since I got all the Cosmoline off of it.

On Gun Broker you will find mil-surplus blanks.

I might have a box or two of east german AK blanks still, they came packed in blister packs of 10 IIRC.

For launchers and inert rounds/grenades try this site: delcampe.com.au

Be advised many of the sellers do not speak english or very little and shipping takes a while. That's where I source inert hand grenades and rocket rounds from. No black cars or choppers yet :D

I have a nice RPG-7 round (original Russian production w/ flight tag, de-milled), a couple Russian and German WW2 grenades and some mines I got from sellers on that site. I found out about it from some guys on an inert ordnance forum

How is the fitment on your Yugo?

Also, how was the accuracy? I probably will try it out once or twice... then leave it in the safe as a cool toy. Always wanted to use that sight since I got my Yugo... well, actually since I got all the Cosmoline off of it.

Fitment of the practice grenade?  Fine as far as I can judge - loose enough to mount by hand, tight enough that you can walk around a bit without worrying about it falling off.

I didn't test for accuracy using the sights - I was more worried about managing recoil and keeping the grenade within the bounds of the range than trying to hit something, so I used a low launch angle.  Once the grenade launched it tracked very straight, though.

Maybe next time I'll get a plastic barrel or bucket and work towards getting the grenade to land inside.

Anyone have any other sources of blanks? The place I bought from said they had three 20 round packs, but hasn't shipped. Called up, and the girl said that the label on the listing meant they were not in stock. Really annoyed with that.

See some of the German blister packs on GunBroker, but they are corrosive and parade blanks as opposed to grenade launching blanks. Going to be watching GunBroker, but figured I'd check.

Well, found another source for blanks... Doug, I'll send you a text tomorrow on it, but if you want to trade/compare, I'm down for it.

Anyways, here is the website for the source...

http://joeswansonsmotionpictureblanks.com

You have to contact him, via phone or email (all info on website, including the phone hours... which is Pacific time). Very nice guy. He does blanks for movies (looking at his website, he supplied Public Enemies, Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, and a few others). He has Barnaul 7.62x39mm, which should be close to military grenade blanks and is non-corrosive. Comes out to $45 per 100, but they are in boxes of 20. Was quoted $24 in shipping.

He has a credit card link on his website, or you can call up to give the card info. Just want to make it very clear, you need to contact him before sending money. Don't take my numbers and just send him money...

I opted for the Barnaul blanks (got 160

Well, found another source for blanks... Doug, I'll send you a text tomorrow on it, but if you want to trade/compare, I'm down for it.

Anyways, here is the website for the source...

http://joeswansonsmotionpictureblanks.com

You have to contact him, via phone or email (all info on website, including the phone hours... which is Pacific time). Very nice guy. He does blanks for movies (looking at his website, he supplied Public Enemies, Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, and a few others). He has Barnaul 7.62x39mm, which should be close to military grenade blanks and is non-corrosive. Comes out to $45 per 100, but they are in boxes of 20. Was quoted $24 in shipping.

He has a credit card link on his website, or you can call up to give the card info. Just want to make it very clear, you need to contact him before sending money. Don't take my numbers and just send him money...

I opted for the Barnaul blanks (got 160 ), to get an idea on power, but Joe did say he can load blank cases hotter, if desired. I say that being it might be a source if blanks start to dry up even more.

Nice, and since he can work up hotter loads that is a big plus (he's not some re-seller of blanks, he loads them in-house)

Let me know how they work for you, might get a few boxes from him for the yugo

Nice, and since he can work up hotter loads that is a big plus (he's not some re-seller of blanks, he loads them in-house)

Let me know how they work for you, might get a few boxes from him for the yugo

Will do...

Got an email... they shipped today.

Will do...

Got an email... they shipped today.

That's fast.

Looks like he has been in business since the early 80's and has worked with production companies supplying blanks so he knows what he is doing :)

I might see if I can get him to work up some 8mm blanks for the yugo mauser w/ cup launcher

Another source of blanks...

https://gooseislandsales.com/asccustompages/products.asp?fav=0&fpage=1&page=1&categoryID=92&productID=1536&pStart=0&recNum=0

I got two boxes since I wanted to get some 147 grain 9mm, which they had for a good price.

NJ purchasers cannot order online. Need to email/fax a copy of your FID, then either call or email your order. I emailed both, and had them call me for a credit card. Not bad people (friendly on the phone, as I was stuck at MVC), if you are looking for blanks.