magnawing

Flying out of Newark with a firearm

What happened, and what airline?

Flying out early tomorrow AM...

Sorry I didn't update last night. Was exhausted from the delays and all the crap all day.

So after damn near arguing with the curbside guys that try to check your luggage I finally told him I can't give him my bag cause he had a firearm. His eyes opened wide and said oooohhhhh ok come over here. He took me to the priority desk and told them I needed to check a firearm and everyone looked like "oh shit" and looked nervous about what to do. They called a TSA guy over and he asked if everything was filled out, which it wasn't cause they didn't know what to do, he told then the forms to fill out and hed be back. They filled out the forms gave me the orange card, the guy eventually came back and had me put the card against the firearm case. He then took me downstairs and had me wait while they looked at the suitcase. Eventually it all worked out and I was on my way. The ticket people just seemed borderline clueless.

I was flying united.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What happened, and what airline?

Flying out early tomorrow AM...

Hey when you get there ask them where my luggage is lol. I had a connecting flight in Charlotte and they decided not to put my bag on the plane.

United, told me they will deliver it to my house today. We'll see how well those city boys can find my house up in these mountains.

Ah ok - I'll be flying out Jetblue so hopefully it'll be less of a PITA...

I'll probably leave a little earlier too just to make sure.

All in all it took about 30 mins extra.

Hey when you get there ask them where my luggage is lol. I had a connecting flight in Charlotte and they decided not to put my bag on the plane.United, told me they will deliver it to my house today. We'll see how well those city boys can find my house up in these mountains.

There were about 20 people without bags on my flight, including out car seat.

All in all it took about 30 mins extra.

There were about 20 people without bags on my flight, including out car seat.

I checked online, my 3 bags made it to Newark. Now I get to sit here all day waiting for them to bring them to me. United sucks! Never had problems with American before they bought them. Or Jet Blue. I really miss continental too.

^ +1 United did not put my or my wifes bags on the plane coming back from St Lucia. they delivered them the next day but I was a little stressed because I had some Cubans in my suit case LOL. I got the bag with cigars intact. Continental was the best for sure

Newark was a shitshow this AM for JetBlue because of a JB system issue... 

10384017_10155351480030573_8517531126131

Luckily they were calling specific flights - mine was one of them.  Declared the firearm - lady filled out the tag, walked me over to the TSA Check (Xray), then she took it back and said she'd get it on the plane - it was her personal responsibility as her employee number was tagged on it.

It was the 4th piece of luggage out on the baggage carousel.  Score.

Oh and to make you all jealous

10603916_10155352610285573_4767603724485

I see your

And raise you a

20150329_175655_zpslbbmabx6.jpg

I just came back from this on Sunday 9ad0706a34220e470ae31d69ec251140.jpg9be19fe0d34315357f072eb0d1b1980f.jpg

Had effing long Johns on today!

Ohh and my luggage showed up this morning at 7:30am. I was in the bathroom when they came. They left my bags on my back deck with it snowing on them. Glad I looked outside the door before I left for work. A-holes. There's a reason that guy's job is delivering lost luggage to people's houses. He couldn't even put them under the overhang above the door. Right smack dab in the middle of my deck. What a douche bag. Didn't even ring the front door bell.

Newark was a shitshow this AM for JetBlue because of a JB system issue...

Posted Image

Luckily they were calling specific flights - mine was one of them. Declared the firearm - lady filled out the tag, walked me over to the TSA Check (Xray), then she took it back and said she'd get it on the plane - it was her personal responsibility as her employee number was tagged on it.

It was the 4th piece of luggage out on the baggage carousel. Score.

Oh and to make you all jealous

Posted Image

I saw that on the news this morning, they said Jet Blues system was completely down everyone had to be checked in manually.

I saw that on the news this morning, they said Jet Blues system was completely down everyone had to be checked in manually.

Yeah - it was pretty bad at first - they got their systems up and running though - I had checked in online... was able to use a Kiosk to print my boarding pass... then I kinda cut in front of the line as they were calling Fort Myers passengers... First lady was like "oh I haven't done this in a while" and transferred me over to the lady next to her, to keep the line moving.  She took care of everything right quick - I think she was kinda grateful because it gave her a couple minutes breather.

I was able to get through security and they had actually delayed the plane about 45 minutes, so I even had time to grab breakfast.

I was just in Ft Myers/Naples.  Met up with Checko at Fowler Firearms in Ft Myers, lol :)

South FL Int'l Airport was pretty easy to check in.  I flew using United this time.  Went up to the kiosk and told the lady I was declaring a firearm.  She just grabbed the tag and filled it out, tossed it in the bag, then she put it in with the rest of the checked luggage...  I thought she was supposed to walk it through the TSA check but I guess they check everything anyway...

I got back late last night after a bit of a bumpy flight.

Flew through some soup... had a lightning bolt nearly hit us - I saw it out the window just after I took this pic.

j130Omc.jpg

They made us circle over Trenton in a holding pattern before coming in low - we basically cruised under 10,000 feet over NJ to stay under the cloud cover.

I was just in Ft Myers/Naples. Met up with Checko at Fowler Firearms in Ft Myers, lol :)

South FL Int'l Airport was pretty easy to check in. I flew using United this time. Went up to the kiosk and told the lady I was declaring a firearm. She just grabbed the tag and filled it out, tossed it in the bag, then she put it in with the rest of the checked luggage... I thought she was supposed to walk it through the TSA check but I guess they check everything anyway...

Nick did they make you open up and show clear?