Blake

What was your least favorite gun purchase?

Least favorite is easily my Stevens 320 pump with the pistol grip and ghost rings.  I wanted another shotgun, I'd had an interest in this model for a while, and I found one for a good price at a LGS.

I wasn't expecting a lot...but it has still been quite disappointing.  It has problems feeding fairly often...how can you screw up a pump shotgun?  I've sent it back to the factory, and they improved it, but it still doesn't always feed properly. 

I have a GSG 522SD that - when it works - is one of the most fun guns I own.  Problem is - it is a huge pain in the ass.  It requires multiple tools for even "quick" disassembly - let alone if you need to fully take it apart.  It gets dirty even quicker than my other .22s.  It consistently has light strikes the second it gets dirty.  I've had a few failure to feed issues.  It is a blast to rip through a magazine quickly, and the gun is a lot more accurate than I'd have expected it to be, but it is simply a pain to keep running.  All that said, I refuse to give up on it and still like it (not love it, like I want to).

As for my Mosquito, people hate on em, but I like mine and it runs pretty well if you feed it right and broke it in properly.

Beretta 92 FS. it ran fine but I liked absolutely nothing else about it. Grip, balance, length of trigger pull, and the most inaccurate hand gun I ever owned. Also a Beretta CX4 9mm carbine. Same issues plus it was so weird looking to me. LOL never bought anything Beretta since. Oh and a Franchi AL48 autoloader (know it was an AL not sure about the 48 part). Most unreliable gun I ever bought

I have a GSG 522SD that - when it works - is one of the most fun guns I own. Problem is - it is a huge pain in the ass. It requires multiple tools for even "quick" disassembly - let alone if you need to fully take it apart. It gets dirty even quicker than my other .22s. It consistently has light strikes the second it gets dirty. I've had a few failure to feed issues. It is a blast to rip through a magazine quickly, and the gun is a lot more accurate than I'd have expected it to be, but it is simply a pain to keep running. All that said, I refuse to give up on it and still like it (not love it, like I want to).

Just sold my GSG-522-SD last Saturday for the same reason. Super fun gun if you can keep it cycling. God awful nightmare trying to clean and to keep it clean. I found it very finicky with bulk ammo as well. Figure I will build an AR.22 to replace it.

My S&W 686+ 3" .357 revolver.

Grip is too big for my small hands. I guess I was too distracted by the shiny stainless steel when first handling it to notice, lol. And I assume people who whine about bore axis don't own any revolvers. I'm undecided on selling it because 1) the first timers I bring to the range absolutely love it, 2) I'm hoping my wife eventually comes around to enjoy shooting, and she did enjoy a revolver during her First Steps class, and 3) it looks pretty in my safe.

Maybe look into some aftermarket grips?

Yugo M48 Mauser...wasnt expecting much from this gun but trigger was horrendous, hated sights..bolt manipulation felt terrible..spent days getting the cosmo off and still had it oozing out years later and ammo wasn't exactly in stock everywhere..Shot a 1903 and sold the M48 right afterward

I had two of them, after 10 rounds each I sold them due to the same problems you experienced.

Broke even and learned to stay away from them.

Maybe look into some aftermarket grips?

Find a Ruger Speed Six with Pachmayr grips, instead.  It has a smaller grip and is built like a tank.

I have to say the SIg Mosquito - but not for the reasons most people have.

I never had any jamming issues, as I only used CCI mini mags. The jamming problem seems to be with the older models.

But my wife didn't particularly like the trigger, so I eventually sent it out to Bill Springfield to get a trigger job: http://triggerwork.net/ Trigger is much better now.

But between the min-mag shortage and getting the trigger redone, I'd rather not have bothered getting a 22LR. No one ever shoots it.

Wow...really surprised at how many people regret their 92FS.

Mine would have to be the Sig 522 rifle.  Thought I would love shooting it and it turned out to be very underwhelming.  This may be in part to the difficulties in obtaining a steady reasonably priced supply of 22 ammo.  In hindsight I wish I had used the money to buy a center fire AR instead.

Mine is my Ruger SR45.  It's not a bad gun, just never makes it out of the safe.  Too big for carry and ff I want to shoot .45 I have better options - Sig 227, 1911's.

Now if you want to talk about the ones I let get away...

Ruger LCR 22

i'd like to hear why..  I only ask because my in laws bought one recently based on the recommendation of a local gun shop in PA (its their only gun and its for home defense, which i also told them not to get a 22 for).  I would NOT have advised them to get that particular gun even if they needed a 22, but Im curious as to your reasons. 

i'd like to hear why..  I only ask because my in laws bought one recently based on the recommendation of a local gun shop in PA (its their only gun and its for home defense, which i also told them not to get a 22 for).  I would NOT have advised them to get that particular gun even if they needed a 22, but Im curious as to your reasons. 

22lr will kill someone, load it up with 40gr HP ammo and the LCR in 22lr holds 8 rounds...

They might have been better off with a Ruger MK3...or a trade in Glock.

22lr will kill someone, load it up with 40gr HP ammo and the LCR in 22lr holds 8 rounds...

They might have been better off with a Ruger MK3...or a trade in Glock.

yeah, they didnt want a semi auto..  neither of them know anything about guns..  (well, my FIL sorta does, but its probably been 25+ years since he shot last)..  that said, i gave him a box of mini mags to load it with when i saw them at thanksgiving.. 

but its better than not having one..  

Are you a steel gun guy, or do you prefer other striker guns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to being synthetic or something else?

i love my colt 1911 wchis is steel but dont think thasts what its is becouse i really like my hk vp9, glock just doest lay right with me i think its a ok gun deffinitly not my favorite  

i love my colt 1911 wchis is steel but dont think thasts what its is becouse i really like my hk vp9, glock just doest lay right with me i think its a ok gun deffinitly not my favorite  

I grew up around all metal guns, the Glock is surprisingly durable I'm sure if I threw it at a wall a dozen times it wouldn't crack the frame or brake any components. Damn thing is tough.

But I would trade it for a VP9 any day of the week :D

Another 92fs unsatisfied customer . I'm surprised how many people mentioned this gun, I've previously not heard much negativity. I liked my friend's when I shot it and got one used thinking it would scratch my 226 itch as another full size, metal frame, hammer fired gun. Well, I could never shoot it for shit and still wanted the sig. Put in a D spring and no better. Like sometimes I wouldn't hit an 8" target, it was crazy. I'm not going to blame the gun, but I decided it wanted to move on and traded it in for a bit more than I paid.

I have a 92fs and I am unsure if I will keep it or sell it. Love the looks of the thing but for some reason the magazine does not lock back sometimes on the last round, maybe 1 in 5 it wont lock back. I think its my grip hitting the slide release.