Sign in to follow this  
Quikshot

Need help choosing a range in south jersey

Hello guys I'm looking for a new range in south jersey located within a half hour of 08322. For about 4 years I was a member at Hutton hill rifle and revolver club. I used to use it often but now I just need a place to go once in a while. There membership dues bounce between 250$ and 300$ and I'd have to either pay a back year or reapply to get in. It would cost me 550$ and that would take me to April 2016.

What I'm looking for is a place that's not to crowded and I would like as long as possible rifle range but 200yrds is minimum. I would also like to be able to shoot steel at the rifle range. Guest are a must I usualy bring atleast one person either to teach how to shoot or a shooting partner for competition to help shoot better. Thanks for your help.

Hello guys I'm looking for a new range in south jersey located within a half hour of 08322. For about 4 years I was a member at Hutton hill rifle and revolver club. I used to use it often but now I just need a place to go once in a while. There membership dues bounce between 250$ and 300$ and I'd have to either pay a back year or reapply to get in. It would cost me 550$ and that would take me to April 2016.

What I'm looking for is a place that's not to crowded and I would like as long as possible rifle range but 200yrds is minimum. I would also like to be able to shoot steel at the rifle range. Guest are a must I usualy bring atleast one person either to teach how to shoot or a shooting partner for competition to help shoot better. Thanks for your help.

If you find a place like that down these parts let me know.

sporting clays are good but if thats what your intrested in go to quinton. they have all quarter cock (i believe thats what there called) so you have to have people at eath thrower to load and throw. quinton is all eletric hit a button and go. i actualy emailed mullica hill before i made this topic im waiting to here back from them

Sjsc. Ive never found it crowded. The busiest ive ever seen it was new years eve day. Maybe 20 people. There is usually no one on the 300 range. You can shoot at the 200 yd line on the 300 also. If you drive by and see alot of cars out front theyre not at the range. They are in the store. Look out back. Thats the parking lot for the range. Its very helpful to have a gun store on sight. If you need targets or forget anthing They have it there. Or if you need help with your weapon and cant figure it out. They are right there to help.

sporting clays are good but if thats what your intrested in go to quinton. they have all quarter cock (i believe thats what there called) so you have to have people at eath thrower to load and throw. quinton is all eletric hit a button and go. i actualy emailed mullica hill before i made this topic im waiting to here back from them

Ah ok. I go to Quinton often, Was just wondering , thought maybe we might have somewhere else for clays.

I second Golf Battery's points. I typically use their 100yd range and there's almost never anyone else on that one when I go. Handgun ranges get a fair amount of activity but still not too crowded when I've gone.

Sjsc. Ive never found it crowded. The busiest ive ever seen it was new years eve day. Maybe 20 people. There is usually no one on the 300 range. You can shoot at the 200 yd line on the 300 also. If you drive by and see alot of cars out front theyre not at the range. They are in the store. Look out back. Thats the parking lot for the range. Its very helpful to have a gun store on sight. If you need targets or forget anthing They have it there. Or if you need help with your weapon and cant figure it out. They are right there to help.

Finding a crowd is hit and miss. I've had the entire place to myself and other times it was jammed packed on all ranges. The $250 membership fee is what killed it for me and I had to let my membership lapse. Now I go as a guest or shoot at one of the events they have (when I can)

I just can't get past the $600 fee.

i said the same thing for about a year.  was shooting at BA since I really only had pistols and a 22 rifle, so using the full range at CJ wasnt really on my radar.. and then they shut down (BA) and it kind of forced me to pony up the money (I did split it, as blk mentioned) and now that I am almost done building my AR, I can take full advantage of the outdoor parts of CJ.  Buy once, cry once and all that.. 

I'm a fan of the Salem county sportsmans club. But it's hard to get a membership. This year they actually opened the books and we're letting in 100 people. I don't remember the last time that happened. Quinton is a nice club also if you are in that area. The guy that runs it Bruce is a good guy. Bangers is nice but has alit of members