Samdjr74

Any shows coming up soon?

I usually go as it's 30-40 minutes away. They usually advertise 150-200 tables. Just like any other show, there are deals to be made, and others that think their shit is gold.

A friend of mine was complaining that it's $10.00 though.

Print out the coupon for the admission discount, eagle arms website I believe. But that's only if it's an Eagle arms show. Not sure about this one.

http://www.eaglearmsgunshows.com/coupon.html

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/penn.shtml

I attended my first gun show today as I heard someone mention it.  I figure why not since I was in the neighborhood.  The show in particular is an Eagle Arms show at the Lebanon Valley Expo.  Entrance was $5.  They had over 500 tables there.

It was interesting as I've never been to a gun show.  There was some cool stuff.  I saw a few cool Colt revolvers but knew I could not buy them nor would I at the prices they listed.  Most of the stuff was overpriced.  I was looking for some reloading stuff but will not pay over $30 for a pound of powder that the local shop is selling for $20.

It was an interesting experience and the only thing I walked out with was a small container of spicy pickles.

For those who are experienced at attending gun shows, could you tell me what the appeal of them are?  I would imagine you can haggle back and forth but with prices so inflated, why haggle when it seems like prices are miles apart?  

Some shows are better than others, some days there are deals and sometimes you Don't find anything but a great container of pickles from the guy in the back corner lol... But you don't know unless you go. I've scored many times in the past, also walked out with nothing more than a container of garlic dill pickle chips too. It beats sitting on the couch watching TV on a Saturday, mowing the lawn, putting up or taking down Christmas lights, shoveling snow, or installing those closet shelves your wife has been on your ass about for the past month...

Deer, do you plan on going to the Mattamoras one?

I'll go to any show anytime, you definitely don't have to twist my arm for that.

You: "Hey SteveO you want to pick my ass up and take me to a gunshow?"

Me: "yes! Get your shoes on, I live ten minutes away see you in 5!"

:lol:

DeerSlayer and I went, wasn't too bad. Really tight quarters and crowded. We didn't see a ton of good deals and most stuff was a bit overpriced but got to see a lot of cool stuff. 

I went, and on my deathbed I'm going to lament those wasted 3 hours.  What a terrible show.  Super cramped and ridiculous prices on every single thing in the entire show.  Nothing good, and a lot of overpriced crap.  I need to remember to look at gunbroker any time I am thinking about buying anything, because gun shows like these are wastes of effort.  Yuck.  Also, $10 WTF.

I went, and on my deathbed I'm going to lament those wasted 3 hours.  What a terrible show.  Super cramped and ridiculous prices on every single thing in the entire show.  Nothing good, and a lot of overpriced crap.  I need to remember to look at gunbroker any time I am thinking about buying anything, because gun shows like these are wastes of effort.  Yuck.  Also, $10 WTF.

I was being nice, but most important part was the fun hanging out with good company. LOL! We were only there about an hour and a half (from about 12-1:30). I think we only missed the couple hand gun cases on the left wall in the Jersey room. I told Deer when I saw the name "New Jersey Room" that there must not be anything good in there lol

I need therapy this week to get over the case of clostraphobia i now have. There wasn't much there that wasn't insane price wise bought two .357 speed loaders and two boxes of soft tip .22/250 for coyote hunting. Still had fun hanging with InFamous today. Beat hanging at home watching TV. Wishing the pickle dude was there.

I did see one Mosin M38 that had no matching serial numbers, the bolt looked like it was at the bottom of a lake for a year and the rest of the rifle appeared to be drug behind a Jeep for some distance on a dirt road. They had the bargain price of $250 on it. I passed... some other pipe smoker had a couple bricks of bulk .22lr for $85 each. I thought about calling for an appointment for new contacts, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Kept on walking.

I need therapy this week to get over the case of clostraphobia i now have. There wasn't much there that wasn't insane price wise bought two .357 speed loaders and two boxes of soft tip .22/250 for coyote hunting. Still had fun hanging with InFamous today. Beat hanging at home watching TV. Wishing the pickle dude was there. I did see one Mosin M38 that had no matching serial numbers, the bolt looked like it was at the bottom of a lake for a year and the rest of the rifle appeared to be drug behind a Jeep for some distance on a dirt road. They had the bargain price of $250 on it. I passed... some other pipe smoker had a couple bricks of bulk .22lr for $85 each. I thought about calling for an appointment for new contacts, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Kept on walking.

HAHA gotta love the $85 brick of .22lr, I was in disbelief also. All in all though the $10 entry was worth the time hanging out and learning some more from you as I always do! Still want a damn pickle...

Years ago I used to work tables at trade shows (not gun shows though).  The best deals are to be had the first couple of hours when the show opens and the last two hours before it closes.  The last two hours are when you can really haggle. If the vendor is smart they will sell at low profit margins so they wont have to haul unsold merchandise back home.  Really, packing up a show is the worst so they will be more willing to deal.

I've never been to any of the shows near Jersey, but the ones down south are just full of ridiculously overpriced crap, fake Nazi stuff, and delicious beef jerky.

I realized that the only thing I've ever bough there was beef jerky and ammo cans.

I like my wheel guns, the only thing I'm really after which I might find at a big show is some type of revolver rifle, maybe a revolver converted over to a rifle would work.

Oaks Feb 14-15 if you like more modern stuff

Allentown Agriplex Feb 14-15 if you prefer older style stuff w/ mix of modern. Might be hit or miss since Oaks is happening also this weekend.