Sign in to follow this  
CageFighter

PSL

ok, since my Krink build should be done by Feb, I am thinking about buying a PSL.  Since im still new to all this AK shit, where do I begin?  Anyone know what is good & what to stay away from?  what is the going rate nowadays?   I see GB has limited listing for them.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.  

Not sure if the Syrian sniper from the movie American sniper had a PSL or a Dragonauv (SVD) but he didn't seem to have any accuracy issues. It's a cool looking rifle for sure.

Iraqi police and some army units were issued PSLs back in the days.

Syrians are trained and armed by Russians so I presume they use SVDs or maybe ,if the action is taking place in Iraq , al-Kadesih (hybrid between SVD and PSL) ....

PS btw I'm sure everybody here knows but just to recap >>> PSL and SVD are two completely different rifles. The only common thing is the caliber ....

The PSL is a nice gun but the price is way high now for the experience.

Wish i hadn't sold mine. I see they go for 1200-1500$

For that kind of money if you want a gun for the role the PSL playes-ed in the Eastern Block you can get a much better built Yugo M76 from Assault Weapons of Ohio is 30-06; 308 or 8mm Mauser.

Not sure if the Syrian sniper from the movie American sniper had a PSL or a Dragonauv (SVD) but he didn't seem to have any accuracy issues. It's a cool looking rifle for sure.

Yes - it was a PSL.  There was no X on the mags which is an easy giveaway.

Glad mine it wasnt sold few yrs ago. I had an ad here, for $600 and i only got an offer from another member here for $400. His reasoning was that Centerfiresystems had them on sale for $450 new and mine was used!!

You are better off with a VEPR 7.62x54r, the building/material quality of the VEPR is excellent