kman

Reloading powder in North Jersey

Used to be I could drive to Cabelas in PA and get whatever powder I wanted to reload ammo.  Now their shelves are always empty, and even when I catch some in stock on their online store, Cabelas won't ship to NJ, even though it would appear no laws bar them from doing so.

Is there any place in North NJ where smokeless powder is available or where you can order it?  I don't mind paying extra, don't mind if I have to wait, just so long as I can actually get some in hand eventually!

You can also try Davis Sport Shop about 5 min over the border in NYS off Rte. 17. Not the cheapest for bulk powder or reloading, but, they tend to have stuff. If you bring your own butt lube, you can try Ramsey Outdoor. I haven't bought powder, or any reloading supplies from them in about 10 years because of the prices. I swear they mark up the suggested retail prices by 20%.

You can also try Davis Sport Shop about 5 min over the border in NYS off Rte. 17. Not the cheapest for bulk powder or reloading, but, they tend to have stuff. If you bring your own butt lube, you can try Ramsey Outdoor. I haven't bought powder, or any reloading supplies from them in about 10 years because of the prices. I swear they mark up the suggested retail prices by 20%.

Fear not, they don't carry any reloading supplies anymore.

C

Master Class located in Monroe, NY, is a twenty-minute ride past the Davis in Sloatsburg. They often have powder. They stock reloading supplies as well, and they are a Dillon dealer. Call before you make the trip for powder though.

http://www.masterclassrange.com/

Hate to admit it..but.. I gave in to the scalpers.     Running out of Bullseye.  None around....

Bought 2# from a guy on Gunbroker.  $98  incl shipping and hazmat.

2# = 14000 grains.   Thats 3500 rounds, using 4 gr. for my 9's.   Don't have to worry about

it for quite awhile.

Hate to admit it..but.. I gave in to the scalpers.     Running out of Bullseye.  None around....

Bought 2# from a guy on Gunbroker.  $98  incl shipping and hazmat.

2# = 14000 grains.   Thats 3500 rounds, using 4 gr. for my 9's.   Don't have to worry about

it for quite awhile.

GSA had bullseye when I was in there a week ago. IIRC, $28.99.

There's tnt reloading near easton PA. 

http://www.tntreloading.com/

Not North Jersey but not too far either.

Does he have the same rules in the shop like he does at the gun shows? At the shows he won't let you buy just powder alone, makes you buy other stuff at a certain amt depending what size powder you want i.e. 1lb powder need to spend an add'l $10...8lb need to spend an add'l $20. If you want to limit quantities thats fine, no need to make ppl spend more than they need/want. Ridiculous imo. 

Does he have the same rules in the shop like he does at the gun shows? At the shows he won't let you buy just powder alone, makes you buy other stuff at a certain amt depending what size powder you want i.e. 1lb powder need to spend an add'l $10...8lb need to spend an add'l $20. If you want to limit quantities thats fine, no need to make ppl spend more than they need/want. Ridiculous imo. 

He's never had any requirements like that in his shop to my knowledge.  Have purchsed there a number of times and haven't had to deal with that.

What a crock! It's his biz, yes, but has he given a justification for that ridiculousness? Sounds like he'd rather sell it from his store than at a show, but a sale's a sale....or so I thought.

He's never had any requirements like that in his shop to my knowledge. Have purchsed there a number of times and haven't had to deal with that.

I've only gotten over there once, and it was more than a year ago, but at that time he had a sign posted explaining the supplemental purchases needed in order to buy powder or primers. I don't recall exactly how it worked; no idea if it is still current practice-sounds like it isn't.

GSA had bullseye when I was in there a week ago. IIRC, $28.99.

Stopped in at GSA again today and picked up a pound of Bullseye. There were still a couple more on the shelf, along with about 20 other powders. Just be aware that they will be closed next week.

BTW, I have visited TNT a couple of times (I try to make a stop by when I am heading Allentown way...)  He is a good guy and friendly, just make sure to check the web-site for Saturdays to ensure he is in (and not off at a show).... I did find the door locked one Saturday as it appears he was on an errand or lunch (with a BRB note) and I didn't have the time wait, darn.

GSA is also limited in hours. I was in their area on a weekday and was surprised to find the store closed. Did not realize they were an evening only business in the weekdays.  Need to check the website too :-)

BTW, I have visited TNT a couple of times (I try to make a stop by when I am heading Allentown way...)  He is a good guy and friendly, just make sure to check the web-site for Saturdays to ensure he is in (and not off at a show).... I did find the door locked one Saturday as it appears he was on an errand or lunch (with a BRB note) and I didn't have the time wait, darn.

GSA is also limited in hours. I was in their area on a weekday and was surprised to find the store closed. Did not realize they were an evening only business in the weekdays.  Need to check the website too :-)

He can be an absolute douche at the gun shows lol Gotta hear the way him and his wife(if thats his wife?) talks back to people.

An hour and 15 minutes from Ramsey, NJ.

Lehns Shot & Knot Shop

558 Peenpack Trail

Sparrow Bush, NY

(845)856-3560

They are open Thursday and Friday evenings and all day Saturday.

Call before you go to check inventory. Great prices.

Edited by ELLIOT
added Friday evening
  • Like 1