brucin

Ruger MK 1 rear sight issue

I'm having an issue with the windage drifting to the right after 100 or so rounds. Any ideas on how to keep it in place? There are only three screws on the sight. Elevation, windage and the set screw to keep the whole thing on.

Is the whole site moving or just windage for the blade ?

if it is the site moving in dove tail use loctite..

if windage screw is moving put a dab of hot glue over it once adjusted that can be picked out if adjustment needs to be done again..

Just windage for the blade. I already used blue loctite on the dovetail and that is holding fine. I will give the hot glue a try if they will let me plug it in at the range. 

Tony couldn't he use the least bonding loctitie or is that still too much if you need move it again

could but you would have a hard time getting it on just the threads you would have to loctite the whole blade which will cause more trouble than just picking the hot glue off the screw head..

Hopefully it is just the screw backing out and not the adjustment stripped.. 22lr harmonics are amazing in what they can do.. could even try some different ammo that may help also creating a different wave of harmonics.. different wieght bullet and velocity could be better or worse have to play with it..

could but you would have a hard time getting it on just the threads you would have to loctite the whole blade which will cause more trouble than just picking the hot glue off the screw head..

Hopefully it is just the screw backing out and not the adjustment stripped.. 22lr harmonics are amazing in what they can do.. could even try some different ammo that may help also creating a different wave of harmonics.. different wieght bullet and velocity could be better or worse have to play with it..

Tony - My guess is that little piss ass detent ball is frozen. Maybe chemically freeing it up may do the trick.

I have been using high velocity Winchester for the first time. I'm also shooting it quite a bit more lately.

The adjustment screw feels like it clicks when turned but it is a very light click.

Just to follow up the hot glue solution appears to be working.

I developed another issue with light strikes and FTF. Stripped and cleaned the bolt and firing pin and that seems to have solved the issue.