Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Dillon 650 Case Feed Tube Question

Press is set up for 10mm and yesterday noticed the cases are getting caught on the edge before they drop down, messing up my flow if I dont catch it lol...any ideas? I'll most likely call Dillon tomorrow, just curious if anyone else has run into this.

IMG_20150114_175818_zps68f731f0.jpg

I've had more hiccups like that with my 650 than I care to discuss.  I actually trimmed the lip on the plastic insert on mine after something similar.

Make sure the ram is set at the proper depth, and make sure not to over tighten the helicoil (sp?) nut on it so as not to strip it. Sure, Dillon will replace it if you do...but still.

Press is set up for 10mm and yesterday noticed the cases are getting caught on the edge before they drop down, messing up my flow if I dont catch it lol...any ideas? I'll most likely call Dillon tomorrow, just curious if anyone else has run into this.

IMG_20150114_175818_zps68f731f0.jpg

There is a small adjustment screw on the case feedbody which allows you to adjust alignment of it with the tube.  If you can find let me know will take a picture on mine.

Just from a "make it work" standpoint, it looks to me like the feed tube (pink in the photo) needs it's insert extended down to the red funnel insert.  I would bet that would alleviate your issues.

Dan, that red cylinder doesnt go down any further, its rested against the lip.

There is a small adjustment screw on the case feedbody which allows you to adjust alignment of it with the tube.  If you can find let me know will take a picture on mine.

Ok cool, I'll check this out, thanks!

are you sure you have the right end on the case feed tube?

i'm loading 40 s&w and my tube end is purple.

He's loading 10mm.

I think the parts are color coded for the specific caliber.

Mine (9mm) are green.

Or, you got the special Barney the Dinosaur collectors edition.

"I love you...you love me...."

10mm uses the same case feed tube parts as 45acp which are red. Adjustment screw will solve this problem with alignment.

You are correct, and thank you for the tip, 1/3 of a turn counter clock and the arm pushed out right where it needed to be. Couple of quick pics in case anyone else experienced this. Apparently, its common, as google search brings back a bunch of posts on other sites with ppl having the same issue...3/32 allen wrench is used for the adjustment. Looking at the press from the front, counter clock will raise the screw making the spring push the arm to the right...Now the cases drop down perfect.

Dillon2.gif_zpsrtpf6u2u.jpeg

Dillon1_zpscje4jckt.jpg