Llama

"No-Knock" Warrants and HD

Hypothetical scenario. It's 2AM. You hear your door being bashed in. You grab your firearm, head to your stairwell and aim at the door.

There are no lights inside, or outside. The shadow(s) break their way through, you see the clear silhouette of firearms in their hands.

You open fire, killing 2. It turns out they had a case of mistaken identity and the warrant was for a completely different home.

Is the law on your side?

Wow......

No idea....but it should be......  

But I am sure the DA and your lawyer will discuss it at length..... 

13 posts..... asking some pretty deep questions concerning LEO's ....

you trolling?

I am brand new to gun onwership in the state of NJ and want to understand what my rights are and how best to behave around law enforcement.

I am brand new to gun onwership in the state of NJ and want to understand what my rights are and how best to behave around law enforcement.

You behave like a law abiding normal citizen .....    nothing changes because you are transporting/ own a firearm

Wow......

No idea....but it should be......  

But I am sure the DA and your lawyer will discuss it at length..... 

13 posts..... asking some pretty deep questions concerning LEO's ....

you trolling?

Troy, we're on the same page.  This little gem just a coupla hours after the one about declaring firearms during a Stop.  WTF???  Usually it's where do I shoot, buy ammo or which gun to buy....

I believe they would be yelling 'warrant/police officers' as they are entering your home

Unfortunately, home invaders have taken to yelling "police" as they break in. So in the middle of the night how do you tell?

No knock warrants = disaster waiting to happen.

Unfortunately, home invaders have taken to yelling "police" as they break in. So in the middle of the night how do you tell?

No knock warrants = disaster waiting to happen.

Training..... take low light courses....  

You should identify your targets.... 

i have one person that i am responsible for. that is mom. no one is gonna get through me in my home to hurt her. in the op scenario, i see silhouettes with guns, i'm doing what i gotta do to keep her safe. she only has me to depend on. take this all how you want to, but it's not intended in a bad way.

Were these guns obtained legally? You have some serious questions being asked in your two Open Posts Twat Llama... Am I pronouncing your screen name properly?

A good many of cases similar have come up in recent years. Generally the homeowner has been exonerated. That's the good news.

The bad news is they often get you and/or your family and children first. Then they say "My bad." 

The really bad news is that many of these home invasions are for crimes that wouldn't have got a SWAT team 30 years ago. 

Were these guns obtained legally? You have some serious questions being asked in your two Open Posts Twat Llama... Am I pronouncing your screen name properly?

This was not admission of actually owning any guns. I don't have any, but am looking to purchase (legally).

Sure, you're pronouncing my online handle properly.

AK connection?  

It was a joke. But it was based on the fact that they have a lot of anonymous proxy servers. If a guy in Jersey has an IP address from a proxy server (especially in a foreign country like Russia) it's the equivalent of receiving an email from a Nigerian prince that wants to share $10,000,000 with you. In this case, it would likely indicate a current or former member.

But at least they finally moved on from goats. ;)