Bully

My "Half-Sy" Build

So, as some may remember, a year or two ago I built an AR in 300Blk. Great cartridge but in the interest of caliber commonality with some friends, I decided to go with 223. Well, that and the fact that loading the 300 is a PITA. Anyway, I sold my upper to someone recently and did some research. The build will be somewhat similar, but a bit different. New handguard and a target crowned barrel.

The lower is a Mega Arms forged with a Midwest PX LPk and an ALG trigger. ACE rifle length stock. Pretty standard stuff.

Here is the parts list on the upper:

Forward Assist Assembly

Ejection Port Cover Assembly

Vltor BCM-GFH BCM Gunfighter 5.56mm Charging Handle--Short (Mod 5)

YHM 15" TJ Handguard Todd Jarrett

Mega Arms AR-15 Forged Upper with M4 Feed Ramps Stripped

Gas Tube Roll Pin

.750 Low Profile Gas Block, Short (Set Screw) Steel

Seekins Precision Melonite Carbine Length Gas Tube

The barrel is a 16" McGowen, M4 with a target crown that I got from a friend for a good price. He has a build that he changed direction on and I was there to "assist" him in lightening the load.

All is on order already. I'm really just posting my excitement. Pics will follow.

C

Everything is ordered. I have shipping confirmation on it all. Just trying to find time to grab the barrel from my buddy. I am hoping to have a new rifle by the end of the month.

What is it about the build process that is just so much damn fun? I really enjoy it.

C

I know the feeling. I have a few in progress right now too.

Between this and my 1911 build that I'm waiting on, life is pretty good. If it wasn't for the stoopud furnace taking a sh&$(necessitating the sale of some prized posessions), I'd be all good. Regardless, the process of the build is at least as much fun as the shooting when it's done.

C