Sign in to follow this  
Norseman

How to adjust A2

This is gonna seem like a dumb question to most of you but here goes:

I was loaned one of this tools to adjust an A2 from sight. It had 4 prongs on one side and 5 on the other. I looked at my sight and it appeared the 4 prong was the end I needed but it wouldn't work for me. I eventually went back and forth trying both ends but it seemed I could not push down and twist as all. I watched at least a half dozen videos on how to use them and it looks so damn easy yet I couldn't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned, most use the bullet tip. I found that most of those tools are made cheap and will not fit various configurations. If you can find a good one, you're lucky. If the manufacturer gives you one with their sight, most will work. But third party, forget about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got these like funky right-angle needle nose pliers I've literally never used. I'll give them a try lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should not need pliers to do this. I've been adjusting sights on AR/M16/M4 rifles since 1968. I've never had to use pliers which will undoubtedly scar your front sight.

Use the round to push the sight CW or CCW via the notches in the base of the blade. Google AR or M16 operators manual which will illustrate what I'm saying. Don't Bubba your front sight with pliers.

Use a pencil eraser.

Jez... Paul you are "Old School"   That's what I do when I can't get a tool to fit.

Jab a pencil eraser on the sight. Push the plunger down with a bullet tip, And go at it!

Remember you move the front sight OPPOSITE the way you want the point of impact to move.

Found the tool that works perfectly on my A2 sight at Shooters yesterday! Was able to walk my pattern right to the target ...at 25 yards anyway. I'll have to wait til I can get on an outdoor range to see about zeroing in at further distances.

Found the tool that works perfectly on my A2 sight at Shooters yesterday! Was able to walk my pattern right to the target ...at 25 yards anyway. I'll have to wait til I can get on an outdoor range to see about zeroing in at further distances.

What is it?