revenger

Grand Jury recomends criminal charges against PA AG

Oh, please. It's a valid question from someone that doesn't understand the system; you are just instigating.

Every time this has come up I have said I would meet with you guys in Harrisburg, or even local offices closer to Jersey, and I would arrange to bring constituents for the legislator of that office to back you up.

I have been taken up on it ZERO times. I have made this offer for YEARS, and I get nothing. So my response is 100% valid.

You want an online poll that will get you carry in PA? Would that be nice? You want a person's campaign you can send $25 to, or even $1000, and have 50 of your friends and members of various clubs do the same, and it just happens?

It doesn't work that way in NJ, and it doesn't work that way in PA. We have a queue of gun laws we want passed. It took YEARS to get Castle Doctrine (really SYG) passed, it took a couple years to get non-standing parties the right to sue over preemption law violations.

That is the way it is done. It doesn't take a lot of work, it takes ANYTHING. And building a small relationship and following up a few minutes a month. And I even offered you to join us with constituents since this started. What did you do? NOTHING. I've offered even longer for people to come out to our annual political canvassing event to see if they can learn some things, nobody ever comes. ONE GUY made contact with me this year and said he would be there, never showed.

You asked what you can do to bump your issue up in our queue, I have been telling you for a long time what to do. You didn't do anything then, you won't do anything now.

And yet you are angry when I point it out. I guess it is my fault. I am so sorry I banned NJ carry in PA after I spent 5 years promoting it on this forum. If it wasn't for me, I doubt most of you would even know about it. Nobody here knew anything about carry in America or PA before I showed up.

You are projecting your anger over NJ's gun law apathy on me. Pardon me, I don't know your name; Hi, I'm Steve, nice to meet you.

I will try to temper my incredulity just a bit.

I haven't heard a thing about this offer in the past. When is this annual political canvassing event? Is this a matter of changing some minds by knocking on doors and making a plea? Standing outside the AG's office with signs and handing out cups of coffee to passers-by? Writing the police chiefs of every town from here to Beaver county? 

These would be answers to my question.

So, realistically, what would it take to restore non-resident permit reciprocity in PA? Besides a miracle, that is.

First off, with AG Kane in there it won't happen. However, I believe if she does not step down, there's a good chance for a true conservative or Pro Gun Republican to fill the slot next election (2016). I think at that point we can start the process of pressuring the new AG regarding reciprocity and allowing "Non Resident" permits once again in PA. I have many friends from NJ that have their FL carry and are very upset about what Kane did. These people are honest citizens that only want to protect themselves when walking around Philly. Hang in there, but nothing will happen for now and I hope AG Kane stays in there until the elections because she's at 22% approval rating almost guaranteeing a loss this election and #2, Wolf would appoint someone 10X worse.

Unless the next AG is a very, very strong supporter of 2A, I don't see them changing the Kane imposed non-resident permit restriction. They would have little to gain because the issue doesn't effect PA voters/gun owners. Additionally, if they restore it to pre-Kane status you can bet that the libs will be screaming bloody murder the first time a shooting occurs involving person with another state's non-resident permit. That's the trouble with stuff like this. Its easy to implement, but risky to revoke. As a Utah permit holder, I wish it wasn't so, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for restoration.

Every time this has come up I have said I would meet with you guys in Harrisburg, or even local offices closer to Jersey, and I would arrange to bring constituents for the legislator of that office to back you up.

I have been taken up on it ZERO times. I have made this offer for YEARS, and I get nothing. So my response is 100% valid.

You want an online poll that will get you carry in PA? Would that be nice? You want a person's campaign you can send $25 to, or even $1000, and have 50 of your friends and members of various clubs do the same, and it just happens?

It doesn't work that way in NJ, and it doesn't work that way in PA. We have a queue of gun laws we want passed. It took YEARS to get Castle Doctrine (really SYG) passed, it took a couple years to get non-standing parties the right to sue over preemption law violations.

That is the way it is done. It doesn't take a lot of work, it takes ANYTHING. And building a small relationship and following up a few minutes a month. And I even offered you to join us with constituents since this started. What did you do? NOTHING. I've offered even longer for people to come out to our annual political canvassing event to see if they can learn some things, nobody ever comes. ONE GUY made contact with me this year and said he would be there, never showed.

You asked what you can do to bump your issue up in our queue, I have been telling you for a long time what to do. You didn't do anything then, you won't do anything now.

And yet you are angry when I point it out. I guess it is my fault. I am so sorry I banned NJ carry in PA after I spent 5 years promoting it on this forum. If it wasn't for me, I doubt most of you would even know about it. Nobody here knew anything about carry in America or PA before I showed up.

what a crock of shit. I had my Utah permit before I had ever even found this forum. Quit tooting your own horn.

You are projecting your anger over NJ's gun law apathy on me. Pardon me, I don't know your name; Hi, I'm Steve, nice to meet you.

I will try to temper my incredulity just a bit.

I haven't heard a thing about this offer in the past. When is this annual political canvassing event? Is this a matter of changing some minds by knocking on doors and making a plea? Standing outside the AG's office with signs and handing out cups of coffee to passers-by? Writing the police chiefs of every town from here to Beaver county? 

These would be answers to my question.

Incredulity?

Are you going to be the one guy from Jersey that steps up? How many years do I have to spoon feed you and get crickets in return? I'm done with that shit.

You got a lot of balls. Fortunately, you also have Google. But apparently it's even less important to you than the ones before you. You don't want an answer to your question, it is painted all over this website. And all over search engines. You want me to give you an excuse.

If you ever man up, I might still listen. Not with a lazy question, but with an offer to support an action.

I've done a tremendous amount of good here as far as education and exposure is concerned, but all of my efforts to organize political action have fallen on deaf ears.

Incredulity?

Are you going to be the one guy from Jersey that steps up? How many years do I have to spoon feed you and get crickets in return? I'm done with that shit.

You got a lot of balls. Fortunately, you also have Google. But apparently it's even less important to you than the ones before you. You don't want an answer to your question, it is painted all over this website. And all over search engines. You want me to give you an excuse.

If you ever man up, I might still listen. Not with a lazy question, but with an offer to support an action.

I've done a tremendous amount of good here as far as education and exposure is concerned, but all of my efforts to organize political action have fallen on deaf ears.

You have to take the bad with the bad. No that wasn't a typo.

Want credit for "Apply to Be Denied," SAPPA, and the ongoing effort whose name I will not mention, whose goal is to produce 120 soiled adult diapers? Dare I say in a few months we'll all look back and yearn for the good old days before anyone conceived of these stillborn efforts.

How about jury nullification? That seems very popular. And let's not forget Mr. Almeida, whom a certain NJ pro-2A organization is forcing to grovel under the unconstitutional, illegal, and totally illogical premise of being more worthy than me by virtue of owning ATMs in Newark or whatever his business is. (Disclaimer: I have met him and he's a great guy--nothing against him at all. He fully understands my position). 

I am not above this madness either.

How about my idea for those vulnerable legislative districts, where I couldn't even get a call back from the assholes I was trying to help, from the state Republican party, from Cabela's and Midway (long, deep storyline there but I was looking ahead)? With no more than a smattering of half-hearted support in this forum? We can shrug our shoulders in 6 weeks when he loses by 22 votes instead of 28. We're making progress. Next time we'll send every Democrat running in the state a box of Depends with return postage, and hope on the next four delusions.

Yeah there's a lot of positive pro-2A stuff going on in New Jersey. But as they say success has 1000 fathers, failure none.

I look forward in the coming months to the waves of recrimination. "That corrupt judiciary," "couldn't get off your asses to get sprayed by Sweeney's sprinkler system," "nobody came to the meeting (because we rescheduled it two days before to accommodate those other windmill-tilters)." And my excuse, "Nobody loves me, nobody returns my calls, nobody cares, WAAAAAAA!"

Round and round.

Any idea when the next open cary demonstration in Harrisburg is? I'm actually interested in attending. I've been driving right through there every other weekend lately to get to Manchester where half my family just relocated to. I'm actually really interested in seeing how it's done correctly on the state house steps.

Just for giggles, does anyone know if there's ever been a challegen to interstate firearms laws like...

I want to go to a state on vacation or business that doesn't allow me to legally possess a firearm. Since it's been legally established that I can legally possess a firearm in my "home" for purposes of self defense, why should I give up that right when travelling or temorarily inhabiting or dwelling, from one state to another?

At least the PA initiatives you mention began with something, both legally and culturally. You had CC 25 years ago if my Pennsy-living mechanic was telling the truth. We're thirty years behind the starting line. Nothing to build or improve upon. No momentum.

Also there is close to zero leadership here on 2A issues. No slight on anyone in that comment, honestly.

Every few months we get emails urging us to email or call somebody. Or to drive to S. Jersey to do god know's what. Strap on one of my unloaded rifles and march through the streets of Trenton. "Yeah Yeah Yeah I got soaked by Sweeney's sprinkler system today!" Actually that's kind of funny. Sorry guys who did.

Or to show up and scowl at legislative committee meetings. God! The Constitution! U-Raah! My Rights!! That's it. When it's over it's over, you don't hear from them for another two months. It's difficult to get a critical mass behind a good idea without leadership. And BTW you first need a good idea.

Your numerous and generous offers to help are duly noted. I have devoted serious time to my own ideas. SAPPA, ATBD and the Sweeney recall folks have also spent serious time and money pushing their ideas. I don't agree with them all but they're trying. Like me most of them have homes, families, jobs, businesses. Without sensible leadership we're bound to go in different directions, your guidance notwithstanding, and our efforts become diluted despite any great ideas you may have.

It's a bitch.

Any idea when the next open cary demonstration in Harrisburg is? I'm actually interested in attending. I've been driving right through there every other weekend lately to get to Manchester where half my family just relocated to. I'm actually really interested in seeing how it's done correctly on the state house steps.

I'm not familiar with any Harrisburg open carry demonstrations. There are a couple rallies and one with a canvassing event in the Spring. October is as good as any month to do some canvassing if you want to meet me there and guide you through it, but I am increasingly distrusting of some of the other people around here.

If you want to open carry at the capitol you can do it tomorrow, Sunday, next week, whenever.

I'm not familiar with any Harrisburg open carry demonstrations. There are a couple rallies and one with a canvassing event in the Spring. October is as good as any month to do some canvassing if you want to meet me there and guide you through it, but I am increasingly distrusting of some of the other people around here.

If you want to open carry at the capitol you can do it tomorrow, Sunday, next week, whenever.

I will be out there next weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. When you canvas, do you just hand out literature to people on the street? Or door knock?

I will be out there next weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. When you canvas, do you just hand out literature to people on the street? Or door knock?

We canvass the offices of legislators. Speak with them. Teach them our issues that they don't understand. Threaten them. Often they are not there and we work with their staffers. They have computers nowadays ;) and can tell us minute by minute who is sponsoring what bill, who is not, and why their boss has not. And we get them to get their boss to do it and get it out of committee. Or vote on it. Sometimes we have to help them get a deal with somebody in a committee.

We follow up and build relationships with them. We keep them working for us, working on issues, updating the legislators and teaching them our issues.

Make no mistake. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. This will work in Jersey as well. Eventually. I think you are doing some good things, and they WILL help. And, as I always say, you WILL fail and fall on your face. I think you need to add a more broad approach with routing interaction with legislators. Yes, even all the anti-gunners. Why on Earth would you allow your enemy, or perhaps just an enemy of political convenience, live in an echo chamber?

Fight on all fronts. The libs and the anti-gunners do. They just don't do it 1% as well as we do when we get off our asses.

Fail, Fail, Fail,

Fail, Fail, Fail,

Fail, Fail, Fail,

Fail, Fail, Fail,

Win :)

It doesn't take a lot of work, just a little. And a lot of failure :) That's the way it went in PA, and that's the way it goes in PA now. You could get them if you bothered.

We canvass the offices of legislators. Speak with them. Teach them our issues that they don't understand. Threaten them. Often they are not there and we work with their staffers. They have computers nowadays ;) and can tell us minute by minute who is sponsoring what bill, who is not, and why their boss has not. And we get them to get their boss to do it and get it out of committee. Or vote on it. Sometimes we have to help them get a deal with somebody in a committee.

Affirmative, do you hand your gun off to someone outside before you head inside? I assume there's some kind of a buddy system for that? Or just leave them in the car? I'm definitely down to check it out sometime. I'm sure I can bring my father in law (retired) and possibly my brother-in-law who both live locally, and are both firearms enthusiasts. They both need to become members of some PA 2nd amendment organizations. Which do you recommend?

Affirmative, do you hand your gun off to someone outside before you head inside? I assume there's some kind of a buddy system for that? Or just leave them in the car? I'm definitely down to check it out sometime. I'm sure I can bring my father in law (retired) and possibly my brother-in-law who both live locally, and are both firearms enthusiasts. They both need to become members of some PA 2nd amendment organizations. Which do you recommend?

I extensively edited my post above, so please have another look for additional info.

To answer your question, it is legal to carry on capitol grounds. It is also legal to carry inside the capitol building, but they have played a trick on us and said it is not - claiming it is a court facility.

The same as every "court facility" in PA, they are required by law to check guns. So you just put your gun in a locker and get a receipt.

Noted, and I read the edit. Thanks. Nothing bad about making your elected officials know your alive. Letting them know in person what your thoughts are is a great idea. I hope to start this trend here in Trenton in the near future. That is until I eventually move to PA myself sooner than later. I'm pretty happy her parents, and siblings decided to move back from Florida to PA. Now it's not so hard to convince her to move there, and leave this state. It's a dream come true. Now I just have to sell my house, easier said than done.

Doll and Ck, why does this take so long?

We all know the answer

This delay is really minimal. The State Department says it will take 75 YEARS to process the HRC emails. And that's just the ones she turned over.

The country is already lost.