Kimber45

A trip to the dark side

Hello all.... well for some strange reason iam thinking about accuiring a AK variant to play with my AR obsession... just not well versed in the pros and cons of whats out there... Iam looking at a Yugo N PaP M70... thoughts anyone? But first a few questions. 1 all the same rules apply with the ak just like the ar in nj compliancy.. no folding stock 15 round mag limit,no bayo lug and a pinned and welded brake. 2 tapco G2 trigger comes stock. Good or bad? Whats the diffrence between the single and double hook triggers? Forgive me for my lack of ak nomiclature... what do they mean by single vs double stack? Iam guessing mag capacity but what does it have to do with the recieiver? And by tack welding the muzzle brake spring detent will that follow nj compliancy rules or do I need to pin and weld.... any help would be greatly welcome... thanks guys.....

1. Yes

2. With the Npap G2 comes stock. Good. Single Stack Is usually 10 round And the bullets are stacked one on top of each other while double stack is 2 columns of bullets in each mag (standard capacity mag 30 rounds......15 in NJ). Nothing to do with the reciever.

Dont know about the tack weld question,

A lot of people feel a cheek slap when shooting the Yugo NPAP. I have one and i feel it as the stock comb is too high. I adapt my cheek forward and don't feel it so much.

You can try mine anytime at EFGA before you buy if you settle on an NPAP.

aimsurplus has them right now for 530$. You can pick Monmouth Arms on checkout and They Will do the compliance work. Maybe there is other more local FFLs at do this but i dont know any.....

O pap is third gen where the n pap is second gen? How will I know other than inserting a mag if the n pap is a single or double stack? Mod number/tell tale signs on the recieiver? I also noticed that an orig AK has a tang on the rear of the recievier for the stock mount the n pap does not. There is a threaded plate located on the back of the reciever is this better than the tang on the original?

Holly crap thats sexy.... anyhow I need to focus focus focus..... lol. Ok well i rang the bell on the npap. The deal was too good to pass up. Its a single stack that was built in 2013 ( as per the stamping on the gas block) now ive youtubed the conversion dosent look too difficult. But i notice that in the vids that you need to trim the outer recieiver and the inner rails. But looking at mine i have a piece of sheet metal that is formed into a block and welded to the recieiver right behind the depressions in the lower. It looks like that keeps the mag from wobbling side to side. Now looking from tbe top down the inner rails dont look like they need to be opened up because when you look down from the top it dosent interfere with the smaller opening... so if I open up the sheet metal lower and remover the sheet metal blocks the double stack mag should fit.... am i on the right path????

It is a Yugo copy of the Dragunov. The one with wood furniture is even more sexy!

I have to respectfully disagree. althou ur firearms knowledge way beyond mine , in this instance I believe u were misinformed. M91 has much more in common with PSL and AK system than SVD. Long piston vs short piston ....

Ok gents thats for all your input. Iam now the owner of a Yugp NPaP M70 Gen2.... very nice I must say.Its much diffrent than the AR platform.... very interesting... anyhow. Picked it up last night and scurred back to the bat cave to check her out.... seems to be of good quality no machine marks and seems good and tight... (Haha thats what she said..... I know couldnt resist.) Wood furnature is nice and new more of a blonde color. A small cleaning kit is included. And freakin 25 cheapo plastic mags....Ive seen my sons airsoft stuff come with better mags.... the bolt assembly and gas system seems of high quality polished nice and slick hangs up on the hammer when cycling but other than that glass smooth. It only has a single hook G2 trigger but its surpisingly chrisp and smooth not to mention light. I would guess in the 3 1/2 4 pound area.. (whats the advantage of a dual hook trigger anyways). My only dislike is the way the rifle looks with those anemic cheapo plastic mags.... I see a conversion in its near future. And yes the Gen 2 has the double stack bolt installed.. anyhow this thing is in pieces right now for a good cleaning Iam not sure if its just grease or some kind of cosmoline but its not comming off that easily.. Many thanks to all that replyed....as usual this forum rocks....oh and if anyone here has a spair double stack mag laying around so I can do some measuring that would be awesome or an old cut recie er that i could trace and give back... again thanks so much guys....

Ok gents thats for all your input. Iam now the owner of a Yugp NPaP M70 Gen2.... very nice I must say.Its much diffrent than the AR platform.... very interesting... anyhow. Picked it up last night and scurred back to the bat cave to check her out.... seems to be of good quality no machine marks and seems good and tight... (Haha thats what she said..... I know couldnt resist.) Wood furnature is nice and new more of a blonde color. A small cleaning kit is included. And freakin 25 cheapo plastic mags....Ive seen my sons airsoft stuff come with better mags.... the bolt assembly and gas system seems of high quality polished nice and slick hangs up on the hammer when cycling but other than that glass smooth. It only has a single hook G2 trigger but its surpisingly chrisp and smooth not to mention light. I would guess in the 3 1/2 4 pound area.. (whats the advantage of a dual hook trigger anyways). My only dislike is the way the rifle looks with those anemic cheapo plastic mags.... I see a conversion in its near future. And yes the Gen 2 has the double stack bolt installed.. anyhow this thing is in pieces right now for a good cleaning Iam not sure if its just grease or some kind of cosmoline but its not comming off that easily.. Many thanks to all that replyed....as usual this forum rocks....oh and if anyone here has a spair double stack mag laying around so I can do some measuring that would be awesome or an old cut recie er that i could trace and give back... again thanks so much guys....

If you're in North Jersey I can loan you a double stack mag.

Thanks for the offer but iam in central nj Branchbug Bridgewater area.... Is yours a conversion or stock?

Stock, I won't buy any AK variant that's not double stack, for the same reason your looking to convert yours.

Same reason I don't own a Czech VZ 58, it uses its own bastardized mags.

I can always toss it in a bubble mailer and send it to you, I'm at the post office a couple days a week. No biggie.

That would be awesome... This is my first venture into the ak world iam or was a die hard ar guy.. but the price was right so here we are... lol looked for an OPap but no such luck I was told that that style is far and few in between and the wasr's lately have been on the crappy side.... like I said iam new to the AK game so forgive my ignorance.....lol live and learn I guess... but it does look badass next to my AR's... as long as they dont fight too much in the safe.....lol Can I PM you my address? Just let me know how much for the shipping or I can swap you some 9mm HP if your interested

That would be awesome... This is my first venture into the ak world iam or was a die hard ar guy.. but the price was right so here we are... lol looked for an OPap but no such luck I was told that that style is far and few in between and the wasr's lately have been on the crappy side.... like I said iam new to the AK game so forgive my ignorance.....lol live and learn I guess... but it does look badass next to my AR's... as long as they dont fight too much in the safe.....lol Can I PM you my address? Just let me know how much for the shipping or I can swap you some 9mm HP if your interested

I bought an N pap from a forum member several months ago. Its surprisingly fun to shoot and I can see myself getting into aks. I do want to do the conversion but its strictly a range toy at the moment. 10 at a time is good enough.

What is a good price to buy per case for shit Russian steel ammo. Like can't pass that up kinda good