KLOMAX

Range in Raritan Twp Hunterdon County

Talked to a buddy at work who knows someone working there. He said they want to open in April. Will be pistol, long gun and archery. 2 levels around 30k sq ft. Tactical training center he said it was going to be called

Keep in mind this is second (if not 3rd) hand info and I don't know if any is true.

Ok so I got some info today from a person who works for the town. An Ex chef from Bridgewater is the one trying to open the range. The range will be indoors, centerfire handgun and rim fire only. Their will also be a tactical range that may or may not be open to the public. He wants the tactical range to be able to hold training classes for local police so they do not have to travel far for training. I have also heard a rumor that their is already a list of potential members and hopefully my friend will be able to get my name on the list.

From what I know it will be like RTSP but in hunterdon county.... classes for LEO and civilians... It will be members and walk ins....I heard pistol and long guns not sure about the archery thing. HG pretty much got that covered.. also gun sales and a pro shop... Owners a money man but I hear it being run by LEOs. Just what I heard.......

The general idea is cool but there is too much talk and not enough facts. So far we have a possible range, possibly run by a bunch of local cops, possibly only .22, and indoors. Not off to a good start.

Give it another 6 months or a year when building starts or a website is created and then I will start listening.

And to clear that up, I am not bashing cops at all. I appreciate their service and what they do, I know a few and all that. It's just a lot of us know how some cops can be when it comes to gun shops, businesses, and shooting ranges. Stubborn, arrogant, etc.

The general idea is cool but there is too much talk and not enough facts. So far we have a possible range, possibly run by a bunch of local cops, possibly only .22, and indoors. Not off to a good start.

Give it another 6 months or a year when building starts or a website is created and then I will start listening.

Drez- I corrected my previous post. the rumor I heard is that the range will be for all handguns and just rimfire rifles. No centerfire rifles, besides its boring shooting centerfire rifles at an indoor range anyway and from what I have heard the ex-cop who will be running it is very pro-2a. hopefully we will get all the facts soon

Better be prepared to pay, they are talking $30hr for range time

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2015/02/indoor_gun_range_coming_to_raritan_township.html#incart_river

RARITAN TWP. — A public indoor gun range will open as soon as the industrial building at 10 Minneakoning Road can be converted for its new use. The Tactical Training Center could open as soon as May, depending on how the permitting process and construction work goes.

The proprietors will be Daniel and Joan Suk of Readington Township. Joan Suk explained that her husband "has been a gun enthusiast and collects older guns, and had no place to shoot." That prompted a study of local demographics and available facilities and "we realized there is a real need in the area."

The place will have 12 shooting lanes 40 yards deep, with space available for 12 more if the response warrants it. Some of the new lanes could be 50 yards long, she said. Patrons could pay $30 an hour to use a lane or less if they are members or only want a half-hour of target practice. They could rent guns or use their own, either bringing them or keeping them in a locker there.

The range will emphasize safety and will offer training in safe firearms use. Suk said, "We have a great staff that we're going to bring on, ex-law enforcement, that will offer training... One-on-one will be available, and we'll be offering training for the novice... all the way up to some advanced tactical training."

The Suks are still figuring out which guns to stock for rental, but "we will have a good supply of the basics," Suk said. A small shop will also sell guns and ammunition.

Although they won't need ID for instruction, gun-range patrons will have to have ID, showing that their backgrounds have been checked — a N.J. Firearms ID card or law enforcement or military ID. To get a state ID card, apply through your local police department, Suk advised.

The establishment will need licenses from the State Police and from the federal department of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, and they have been applied for.

The previous tenant of the building had been a bottler of perfume. So the offices in the front of the building will be reconfigured for retail space, a members' lounge and other uses, and the back warehouse space will become the shooting lanes. "We're trying to lose the perfume smell," said Suk. "It smells like the Macy's counter."

Here is some info when you google the guy. Its the Brancburg township council minutes.

I guess this location didn't get approval.

At the time He says he planned to ask for 150$ to join and 400 a year to shoot.

http://www.branchburg.nj.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/07-17-13-Regular-Meeting.pdf

What about the fact that unlicensed shooters aren't allowed in range. So bringing a friend, spouse, kid who doesn't have fid to shoot would be no go. Also no spectators etc.

as long as they state that's its their store policy and not NJ law I am fine with requiring an FID to shoot and I don't take spectators shooting with me. However if they try to claim that it is state law that you have to have an FID in order to shoot at the range then they will never get any of my money.