vortex0178

Any new restrictions in the last 2 years?

I've been out of the shooting hobby for a few years, ever since my range membership expired and I didn't bother to renew.  I think that was back in early 2013.  Have there been any significant changes to gun/ammo laws since then?

Specifically:

1)  Can I still get rifle ammo shipped to my doorstep?.  What about rimfire ammo?  Are there FID-address only restrictions?  Pistol ammo still needs to be bought at a shop or transferred through a dealer, right?

2)  What about powders/primers?  I can still get these shipped to me directly from some place like Powder Valley?

3)  Are pinned 15/30 or 15/20 PMAGs still legal for use in NJ, or did the law become more strict?

Thanks guys!

Nothing substantial has happened in the last two years. Once Chris C. leaves office though, a lot of new laws will pass, fast and furiously and often.

I predict no internet ammo sales, maybe no internet gun sales period. Same transport rules for long guns as for handguns, and mag capacity bans of at most 10 rounds, maybe 7, maybe five. WTF, maybe two. They are going to annihilate us. 

But let's not even try a get-out-the-vote initiative guys. Let's just sit on our big fat lazy unimaginative asses and let it happen. It's the American way. Let's continue praying for a sign from our Creator, or from the ghost of James Madison. "Alert ye infidels!!! The U.S. Constitution will now be enforced or ye will burn in hell !!

NJ2AS is apparently working on voter-related initiatives. If they follow through on plans for a Sweeney recall effort you can bet I'm driving down to Gloucester county to gather signatures.

I've been out of the shooting hobby for a few years, ever since my range membership expired and I didn't bother to renew.  I think that was back in early 2013.  Have there been any significant changes to gun/ammo laws since then?

Specifically:

1)  Can I still get rifle ammo shipped to my doorstep?.  What about rimfire ammo?  Are there FID-address only restrictions?  Pistol ammo still needs to be bought at a shop or transferred through a dealer, right?

2)  What about powders/primers?  I can still get these shipped to me directly from some place like Powder Valley?

3)  Are pinned 15/30 or 15/20 PMAGs still legal for use in NJ, or did the law become more strict?

Thanks guys!

Welcome back. Good to see you around here again.

C