Sign in to follow this  
ivwarrior

2015 Think of the Children benefit match

Lewistown Pistol Club is proud to announce that registration is now open for the 2015 Think of the Children benefit match at Lewistown Pistol Club. The match will be a 10 stage, 139 round Tier 2 IDPA match, held the weekend of April 24-26. As you may remember, this match is held to raise funds for The Prayer Child Foundation a 501©(3) organization.

Click here to visit the match page where you can find more details and the registration form.

Looking forward to seeing you there. If you wish to help us raise money for the foundation, but can't attend the match, you may mail a check or money order, payable to "The Prayer Child Foundation" to the address on the match application.

We don't have an online donation set up.  You can mail a check, payable to "The Prayer Child Foundation" to the registration address on the match application.  Thank you for the donation.  Along with my wife, I've personally delivered a couple checks from the Prayer Child Foundation to local families and can tell just from the look on their faces how much it means to them.

The founders of the Prayer Child Foundation have told me they intend to fly here from Arizona to be present at this year's match. We're almost to 100 registered competitors, there's still time to register, and still plenty of open slots on the Saturday morning session. Saturday afternoon only has 1 spot left, Sunday has a few slots left.

Registration for the match closes this week. Please send an email (address on the match application) if you are mailing an application this week. Note, both the Saturday afternoon and the Sunday session are full. Saturday morning is the only session with available space.

Those of you who were at the match last year may remember the Barbour family, at the match, we presented them with a check from the Prayer Child Foundation for their daughter Paige.  I just received an update from them about Paige and wanted to share it with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Paige is coming up on her second birthday on June 7th.  She's had a great year of progress and is a social little girl. Unfortunately, due to her Lissencephaly, her seizures have returned but she is carefully monitored and is tolerating medication well.  Paige loves her brother, Will, and lights up when he is around. She is happiest in her little couch watching Dora the Explorer or being snuggled by her family.  Paige might not be able to walk or communicate but that doesn't stop our family from having fun. Paige has been to amusement parks, zoos, museums, and even ice skating!  Paige works very hard during her 4 therapies a week and, though at times small, every ounce of progress is a miracle.

Thanks to The Prayer Child Foundation, we were able to get Paige quality therapeutic equipment and accessories that made our journey as a family easier.  

She is the most lovable child and we appreciate all of your prayers and support. We especially want to thank Mr. and Mrs. Singer for all of their help and correspondence. God Bless you!

Love,
Andrew and Stephanie Barbour
11134293_10152865674964091_700883517_n.j10622279_10152865674954091_752142094_n.j
11139567_10152865674959091_461319115_n.j11139558_10152865674949091_586404151_n.j
11119468_10152865674969091_2123907984_n.

Those of you who were at the match heard me talk a little about this.  I'm going to share the story here for the rest of the forum.  If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.  Cindy Bowser posted the below to Facebook, and says it better than I could, so I'm just copying her posting here:

My friends - I need help getting the word out on this - help if you can, please!

Share this on your home pages and ask friends to do so as well. Let's get this out far and wide!

For those that read my page, you know about Kiara Sandoval, the little 5 year old girl diagnosed with a large brain tumor. Kiara is the daughter of Robyn Sandoval, the Executive Director of A Girl and A Gun (i.e. a fellow shooter, folks!)

The great news is the doctors got the tumor out, it was benign, and she survived the surgery. The hard part is now, with the therapy to relearn how to walk, speak correctly and lots of vision therapy - all resulting from a very difficult brain operation. Kiara is one tough, tough little fighter!

So, to tell you how AWESOME the shooting community is, Ron and Nicole Singer have (and I for once lack a proper description for their generosity) graciously set up an online Gold Canyon "party" to benefit the Kiara Miracle Medical Fund. Gold Canyon sells scented candles,holders and other scented products online and via hosted parties.

Ron and Nicole are running the online party through May 24th, and are donating their profits to the Kiara Miracle Medical Fund. Thank you two so much!

I'm asking that you help spread the word about this awesome gift to Kiara, and post on your page a link to the Gold Canyon party for her. The more we get this out, hopefully the more we can help out the Sandoval family with this difficult and ongoing time.

HERES WHAT TO DO:

Go to www.singerscents.com

In the upper left of the page (beside the picture of Nicole) click on "Shop

Online Mixer".

Click on "Candles for Kiara".

Click the code directly under "Candles for Kiara" (6642329)

Begin shopping. At check out, make sure code 6642329 is shown in the checkout page where it says "Shop online mixer".

I just wanted to take a minute to follow up on this. The match went very well. Curt and Karen Waisath, the founders of the Prayer Child Foundation were in attendance and had a good time. They learned a lot about us and our sport.

Our expenses have been calculated, and through match profits, the fundraiser dinner we did at our local Hoss's Steak and Sea the Saturday of the match, and some donations collected, we were able to raise $5100 for the Prayer Child Foundation this year. This brings our total raised, since our first benefit match in 2012 (a club level match) to $11,900.