BMWR12

Vietnam Bringback Chinese TT33 with papers

I picked this up last night after waiting months for my permits and multiple handgun purchase exemption.The pistol is all matching numbers with the exception of the magazines which are the correct type. These pistols are really difficult to find with bringback papers so I thought I would share some pics.

IMG_1200_zpshoa3z0fi.jpg

IMG_1201_zpserqkpme7.jpg

IMG_1203_zpsuzyqkqtn.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsmjfy0ges.jpg

I am sure the War Trophy Registration Papers alone provide all the providence you need to prove exactly what you have. There is a market for the spoils of war and yours should increase in value as more an more of them become lost, trashed or hidden in someone's attic.

Great Work!

That's really cool man. That'll be a nice addition to your collection. Bringbacks WITH paperwork are rare. I've been waiting 3 years + for a specific rifle to pop up with bring back papers and I have seen two that went for big bucks, bigger bucks than I wanted to spend. 

That's really cool man. That'll be a nice addition to your collection. Bringbacks WITH paperwork are rare. I've been waiting 3 years + for a specific rifle to pop up with bring back papers and I have seen two that went for big bucks, bigger bucks than I wanted to spend.

I am still working on getting a papered 1966 SKS from a friend who bought it back from Vietnam. His rifle has all of the copies of the war trophy certicate (3 or 4) and the original envelope the permanent copy was mailed home in.I guess I have to live with my non import marked 1969 SKS until then.

That's awesome.  Both to have a TT-33 without a safety and to have the bringback papers with it.

Why did the military eliminate the war bring back policy?

I read a few articles and from what I read bringing home weapons was stopped after Vietnam War. It seems you can only bring home useless junk and need to do a lot to do it. Here is a link to the Vietnam policy http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/Personnel_and_Personnel_Readiness/Personnel/444.pdf

Awesome find. My family may (or may not) have an M16 that came back from Vietnam in pieces...but no papers. I did notice something on the paperwork though...if Mr. Brasher is still living, you could do him a favor by blacking out his Social Security number (Service Number) before posting pics for the entire world see.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I read a few articles and from what I read bringing home weapons was stopped after Vietnam War. It seems you can only bring home useless junk and need to do a lot to do it. Here is a link to the Vietnam policy http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/Personnel_and_Personnel_Readiness/Personnel/444.pdf

Yeah I did a little research myself after posting.  Just more namby-pamby politically correct BS in my opinion. 

Awesome find. My family may (or may not) have an M16 that came back from Vietnam in pieces...but no papers. I did notice something on the paperwork though...if Mr. Brasher is still living, you could do him a favor by blacking out his Social Security number (Service Number) before posting pics for the entire world see.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I  whited out his service number but it appears he died quite a while ago. I even found a picture of his tombstone.

Name:  Clyde E Brasher

Birth:  1 Mar 1945

Death:  23 Apr 1986

I picked this up last night after waiting months for my permits and multiple handgun purchase exemption.The pistol is all matching numbers with the exception of the magazines which are the correct type. These pistols are really difficult to find with bringback papers so I thought I would share some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a great find & addition