siderman

ANJRPC/Nappen warning impending law changes

THIS is why i never renewed nj2as. that, and the constant bickering among the "leaders". it never fucking stops with them. so far, haven't renewed anjrcp, and am only an nra member for membership to a range i like that's very close to home.

Ditto for for me regarding NJ2AS. You would think that somebody, at some point, would have examined the numbers and at least suggested trying to unseat legislators who won last time by just a few hundred to low-thousands of votes.

I am in the NRA for the sole purpose of having an up-to-date membership card that I can flash to annoy obnoxious liberals. You gotta love an organization that fights tooth and nail for the most minute quasi-rights of gun owners in Utah while totally abandoning NJ.

As for ANJRPC, well, they have a beautiful range and I get to shoot there any time I like for the reasonable senior rate. But I'm not happy with their 2A efforts either. You know the oft-cited definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

In the round of meetings last month Alex Roubian made clear that election activism was a huge part of his strategy for NJ2AS, both to put on a recall Sweeney effort and to also target districts where anti-gun politicians won by narrow margins. Not that he expected to turn the entire legislature red, but he wants to gun control to turn into a third rail, and encourage liberal progressive politicians to turn to other causes through which to showboat to their constituents. Of course, this would hinge on volunteers turning out.

While I can't disagree with what most was said, I will disagree that nobody here cares enough and wants to wait for something magic, is bs. Quite a bit of people partaken over the past couple years in quite a bit of ways.

I believe we've reached a certain empass, but do not think we should not keep trying. However, there are strength in numbers and the numbers have dwindled. This is exactly what the antis wanted. I can understand the reasoning. We are tired of no results, running around, donating money, etc.

But our biggest advantage to us right now are people like Nappen, Gotlieb, Bach and others. On the front of class action suits, direct infringement suits, etc., they are making headway. We will see by the end of this year.

What more can you want at this point? They are chipping away a bit at a time which is better than taking two steps back. The enemy is scared. They are lobbing crap at the walls in pure desperation. It's not the same as it was a year ago. We have national allies now too.

My suggestion: Stop with the effing negativity, hold strong in what we want and support the forefront. Having a negative attitude here is only aiding the enemy. Not helping us in the least. Last we need is disharmony among the troops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NO....they're not scared. they're just biding their time till christie's gone.....then it's game over for us, unless we can find a candidate that's better than him, and has a chance of winning.

Game over, eh? We don't plan to fight them in the courts and so on? We plan to just roll over and take it?

Interesting.

Game over, eh? We don't plan to fight them in the courts and so on? We plan to just roll over and take it?

Interesting.

problem is its their game AND they get to make the rules. We all know how much everybody fought 2 yrs ago and still a whole bunch of laws ended up on CCs desk. The lack of the gov's signature is ALL that stopped those laws from being implemented. Whats to stop that from happening again but this time with a democrat sitting in the gov chair? Once they are law does NJ have some kind of history of reversing bad gun laws? AWB still here, OGAM still here. How those court cases going...?Justifiable need, cant seem to get a break on that either..Cant even get them to put it in writing that it actually is ok to stop for gas, take a leak or get lunch going to/from the range..we'll keep up the good fight but jeezuz the odds are stacked against us. The Dark Side is strong in this state.

So we run from NJ to.... PA ?  Then take PA down. Run from there to..? so on, so forth ?

What happens in NJ doesnt stay in NJ. The scumbags making NJ laws dont care about NJ people.  Their goal is to write here, let them stand test of time here and spread them to other states  and to Feds.  AWB started with NJ. Mental Health Checks are cooking here. If there no continuous effort to keep fighting NJ laws, mark my words, they will be adopted by Dems at Fed level.

Better analogy, NJ is sinking portion of a ship.  Once its under water, its taking next portion with it. Cut it off (not an option) or pull it up. If you let it go, everyone else is going down.

In the round of meetings last month Alex Roubian made clear that election activism was a huge part of his strategy for NJ2AS, both to put on a recall Sweeney effort and to also target districts where anti-gun politicians won by narrow margins. Not that he expected to turn the entire legislature red, but he wants to gun control to turn into a third rail, and encourage liberal progressive politicians to turn to other causes through which to showboat to their constituents. Of course, this would hinge on volunteers turning out.

I have this idea:

I say all the time we need to get a large group ...10, 15 even 20 people and go door-to-door in that large group - not break up into small 1-2 person groups - but go as one large group and knock on doors; and when someone answers the door we say something like, "We the people are taking back our country. But it's going

to take a lot of effort and we MUST HAVE your help. Will you give us 15 minutes of your time?" I think it's just too easy to shut the door on 1-2 people. But if 20 people are on your doorstep I bet you stop and listen to what they have to say. I'd really like to test this theory.

You guys are gonna see this in a few places on Facebook as I start to share this idea in different places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we run from NJ to.... PA ?  Then take PA down. Run from there to..? so on, so forth ?

What happens in NJ doesnt stay in NJ. The scumbags making NJ laws dont care about NJ people.  Their goal is to write here, let them stand test of time here and spread them to other states  and to Feds.  AWB started with NJ. Mental Health Checks are cooking here. If there no continuous effort to keep fighting NJ laws, mark my words, they will be adopted by Dems at Fed level.

Better analogy, NJ is sinking portion of a ship.  Once its under water, its taking next portion with it. Cut it off (not an option) or pull it up. If you let it go, everyone else is going down.

Yes NJ is a cauldron of anti propoganda, So where is the NRA? They should be nuking this place with help but they're not, Even they realize its a lost cause because in the end they know, just like us,who make the laws and the democrats have a blank check on gun laws. But wait! we have the ANJRPC!  ok so other than news flashes, bus trips and giving their 60 seconds of air time in Trenton, like many others, what are their accomplishments? What is their success rate on any challenges? They are our NRA rep but what is their accomplishemts in our (not New Hampshires) legal system?  And the national NRA also looks at our history, sees that every pc of shit thrown at the wall sticks, nothing gets repealed, reversed, thrown out...Sure theyre are a few successful court cases or lawsuits but they are for a few individuals that typically settle  before any precedent is set. When you have the state legislature writing and passing at will what they want when making gun laws, and the AG, judges, NJSP, all seeming to do the same its really really rigged against us.Sorry, but I dont see the democrat machine shrinking but just the opposite with the demographic shifts this state has and is going thru. There are 50 states, the law of averages says some will be good, some bad and we are the bad. Interesting that whenever someone posts they've moved out all they get are congrats! welcome to Merica! cant wait to get out too! not " you pussys should have stayed and fought!". At least the vast majority of other states have a good solid 2A foundation to  make a stand. Here in Nj we're the example of what can -and has -happened when people let the 2A get picked apart. so take pride in that so the rest of the country can learn from our mistakes. I live with facts and reality, not fantasy and make no apoligys for that. Keep bailing everyone.

So what? Scott Bach is not accomplishing anything? Strike Force is nothing? Come on huh....  If you are not interested anymore, go sit by the fire and live out your life the way you see fit. Negativity has a bad impact on people. You are all just fueling fire with flotsam and jetsam....

@siderman: We can debate on everything you said, but that will quickly get this thread into 1A. There are politics, strategy and mistakes in the whole situation. Sure, take your own advice, give up and move. People here will congratulate you because they are happy for your temporary (in grand scheme of decades) freedom.

Yes NJ is a cauldron of anti propoganda, So where is the NRA? They should be nuking this place with help but they're not

THIS right here. a win for them, is obviously a win for us. BUT....a win in new jersey(which most of the rest of the country seems to consider a lost cause) would also be a win for the rest of the country.

problem is its their game AND they get to make the rules. We all know how much everybody fought 2 yrs ago and still a whole bunch of laws ended up on CCs desk. The lack of the gov's signature is ALL that stopped those laws from being implemented. Whats to stop that from happening again but this time with a democrat sitting in the gov chair? Once they are law does NJ have some kind of history of reversing bad gun laws? AWB still here, OGAM still here. How those court cases going...?Justifiable need, cant seem to get a break on that either..Cant even get them to put it in writing that it actually is ok to stop for gas, take a leak or get lunch going to/from the range..we'll keep up the good fight but jeezuz the odds are stacked against us. The Dark Side is strong in this state.

this was/is my point. they will continue to change the rules to suit themselves.

So what? Scott Bach is not accomplishing anything? Strike Force is nothing? Come on huh....  If you are not interested anymore, go sit by the fire and live out your life the way you see fit. Negativity has a bad impact on people. You are all just fueling fire with flotsam and jetsam....

Strikeforce is a good thing. But in case you missed it or forgot this thread started with about the NJSP trying to edit the law that would counter excactly what Strikeforce is doing. But we should see a result on that bit of flotsam & jetsam soon, we'll see. ANJRPC may not even get to their 3rd phase  litigation called"the hammer". And in a few yrs when we're looking at another reduced mag cap or zero feature semi's lets not say bad negative things about that flotsam & jetsam either becauase it will make people feel bad. 

I didn't forget. But it got off base long ago. It's the negativity and giving up hope. I'm perfectly fine with us slowly chipping away at the antis as long as it keeps going in a positive direction. I'm sure at this point anything they try to skirt us, will be met with equal to or greater force from the good guys.

What is the point of complaining and negativity? Don't we already know that our state sux? Stating what we know is negative. It's like a broken record around here. Stay positive cause without it, we stand no chance at all. Stay constructive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's just too easy to shut the door on 1-2 people. But if 20 people are on your doorstep I bet you stop and listen to what they have to say.

I'm not sure that I'd open the door in the first place if I see 20 strangers on my doorstep. What with NJs mag capacity limit and all...

I'm not sure that I'd open the door in the first place if I see 20 strangers on my doorstep. What with NJs mag capacity limit and all...

We are gonna be a motley crew of cheerful looking guys/girls busting jokes and stuff - not thuggish hoodlums. Of course they are gonna be like "What the heck is this?" And poke their head out out of curiosity lol

I'm picturing 20 guys at my door wanting to talk to me.  Half are in camouflage hunting coats and the other half are wearing their best black tactical vests with holsters filled with bananas.  Two are carrying "recall sweeney" signs.  Two are holding out donation cups for Shaneen Allen.  And the rest are holding up signs that either support or complain about NJ2AS, NRA, and NJARPC.

We are our own worst enemy.  If independence loving Americans weren't so independent we might accomplish something.

We are gonna be a motley crew of cheerful looking guys/girls busting jokes and stuff - not thuggish hoodlums. Of course they are gonna be like "What the heck is this?" And poke their head out out of curiosity lol

Yes, but no matter how well intentioned and well executed, the police report and the write up in the local paper will include the words "mob" and "intimidation tactics"

I have this idea:

I say all the time we need to get a large group ...10, 15 even 20 people and go door-to-door in that large group - not break up into small 1-2 person groups - but go as one large group and knock on doors; and when someone answers the door we say something like, "We the people are taking back our country. But it's going

to take a lot of effort and we MUST HAVE your help. Will you give us 15 minutes of your time?" I think it's just too easy to shut the door on 1-2 people. But if 20 people are on your doorstep I bet you stop and listen to what they have to say. I'd really like to test this theory.

You guys are gonna see this in a few places on Facebook as I start to share this idea in different places.

It doesn't strike me as being a very practical approach unless you have 20,000 volunteers. Speaking specifically to the Sweeney recall effort, Alex has voter lists in Sweeney's district of those who are 1) registered republican or 2) have voted republican. Instead of having 20 people randomly ringing a single door bell and talking for 15 minutes (assuming they talk to you), those twenty people could have each gathered a signature for a recall petition on their own from people who don't need any convincing in that same 15 minutes. I would have dismissed it as hopeless if it was a matter of hanging out in front of Wawa or Stop & Shop and pestering random passerby for a signature. But with the voter lists, I think it changes everything and allows for an efficient allocation of efforts and makes me think it has a decent shot of being successful. Even if Sweeney doesn't get recalled, I sure the efforts will at a minimum get noticed. Not that politicians will suddenly start backing constitutional carry, but they'll at least think twice before starting 2A attacks.