siderman

ANJRPC/Nappen warning impending law changes

I'm thinking outside the box. Has this ever been attempted this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should write some pro 2A/pro gun friendly candidate songs. Assemble a group that can sing then go door to door spreading the message. Like how people used to Christmas Carol back in the day. Someone may even give you free hot chocolate! It would be less intimidating if a chorus showed up at your door. Most people aren't afraid of a mob of singer's. This is definitely outside the box.

You should write some pro 2A/pro gun friendly candidate songs. Assemble a group that can sing then go door to door spreading the message. Like how people used to Christmas Carol back in the day. Someone may even give you free hot chocolate! It would be less intimidating if a chorus showed up at your door. Most people aren't afraid of a mob of singer's. This is definitely outside the box.

LMAO!! Maybe we can bring the hot chocolate to THEM?

Game over, eh? We don't plan to fight them in the courts and so on? We plan to just roll over and take it?

Interesting.

no, i know we'll keep fighting. but we have many many things going against us. one bad thing, is those that choose to run away from the stupid, rather than stay and fight it. then there's the anti-rights legislature, which if people keep running away from the stupid....will never get changed, because we are nearly outnumbered. then there will be the anti-rights governor with the anti-rights legislature. we can fight all we want at that point. they will ignore us, because we don't have the numbers to oust them. because too many people run away from the stupid.

imagine if all those that left the state had stayed and continued helping with the fight? especially now, while we have a chance to make an improvement, rather than dropping back to the same old crap?

The stupid goes way beyond 2A issues here, Dont accuse all those that are leaving as running away from the 2A fight .. I bitch just as much about the stupid property taxes, stupid cost of living, stupid congestion/overbuilding,stupid nanny state, stupid politics....NJ is just getting too stupid to live in period. And btw we are already outnumbered as shown by the at-will passage of gun laws. It would take a miracle to swing the legislature and next gov the other way and thats not what I'm investing my faith in...Let me ask you this, what do you mean by"especially now,while we have a chance for improvement"? I could use some good news, whats different than yesterday, last yr or 10 yrs ago?

Got to reiterate something that I know I have mentioned here over the years time and time again. I find it hard to believe that people are moving out of NJ -JUST- because of their 2A rights are being trampled.

I want to leave for more than just that and if people -ARE- moving just because of that one reason, they cannot have much of a life. Anyone who says otherwise is most likely yanking your chain.

With me, it's not just a 2A thing because I am unhappy here for many reasons.

- No family left here

- No friends left here, (most died or moved away)...

- High taxes

- High insurance rates

- 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag

- Cost of living in general

- Traffic

-.....etc, etc, etc, etc...

I can go on.... So again..... Is it really? I don't buy it. If you really are happy here and have nothing else to fight about, go for it. But it's not the quorum here in this state that want to leave and stop saying that people are running instead of fighting for their 2A rights. There is always more to it than that.

Bet me to it Sider...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The stupid goes way beyond 2A issues here, Dont accuse all those that are leaving as running away from the 2A fight .. I bitch just as much about the stupid property taxes, stupid cost of living, stupid congestion/overbuilding,stupid nanny state, stupid politics....NJ is just getting too stupid to live in period. And btw we are already outnumbered as shown by the at-will passage of gun laws. It would take a miracle to swing the legislature and next gov the other way and thats not what I'm investing my faith in...Let me ask you this, what do you mean by"especially now,while we have a chance for improvement"? I could use some good news, whats different than yesterday, last yr or 10 yrs ago?

oh trust me, i know it goes beyond 2a. i hear it all the time from my customers. when i'm refering to the stupid in nj, i mean all of it, not just the 2a.

what i mean by "we have a chance for improvement", is that christie got in there because enough people were fed up with the stupid. he himself has done some stupid shit since then. BUT.......he has been worlds better than what we've had in the governors office in at LEAST the last 20 years. since people were pissed off enough to vote him in, i have the feeling that if we can find a candidate that's better than him, maybe that candidate will have a chance. if so, it may also wash down to voting more good guys into the legislature, rather than more of the same corrupt bullshit.

Got to reiterate something that I know I have mentioned here over the years time and time again. I find it hard to believe that people are moving out of NJ -JUST- because of their 2A rights are being trampled. I want to leave for more than just that and if people -ARE- moving just because of that one reason, they cannot have much of a life. Anyone who says otherwise is most likely yanking your chain. With me, it's not just a 2A thing because I am unhappy here for many reasons. - No family left here - No friends left here, (most died or moved away)... - High taxes - High insurance rates - 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag - Cost of living in general - Traffic -.....etc, etc, etc, etc... I can go on.... So again..... Is it really? I don't buy it. If you really are happy here and have nothing else to fight about, go for it. But it's not the quorum here in this state that want to leave and stop saying that people are running instead of fighting for their 2A rights. There is always more to it than that. Bet me to it Sider...lol. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there's many reasons. crooked politicians(moreso than most other states i think), bullshit laws, bullshit taxes, and of course anti-freedom laws......

when i lose customers due to them moving outta state, the #1 reason given is property taxes, and cost of property to begin with.

there's many reasons. crooked politicians(moreso than most other states i think), bullshit laws, bullshit taxes, and of course anti-freedom laws......

when i lose customers due to them moving outta state, the #1 reason given is property taxes, and cost of property to begin with.

That's pretty much it. If I were to number them, it would be right up there. My friends out of state cannot believe what we pay. They are even more amazed at what we don't get for our money.

That's pretty much it. If I were to number them, it would be right up there. My friends out of state cannot believe what we pay. They are even more amazed at what we don't get for our money.

yea i know. for what i could sell my ancient house on a fairly small lot for.....i could buy 3 times the house and property, and pay less than 1/10th of the property taxes. and still have money left over. but i'm a stubborn fuck, and would rather figure out a way to change nj back to what it could be.........

Well, good luck with that. Too many things to change. Other than being in a cheap B movie called Battle Of Trenton, chances are slim to none.

Very well said and glad to have escaped that sh*thole last week.

This shit is infuriating.

LE (in general) wants a disarmed public.  Quite a few have told me personally. A LEO said this to me. "I'd rather know I'm the only one with a gun when I respond to a call."  I was younger and dumber when this was said, so I didn't respond by saying, " Are a fucking idiot?  Do you think disarming ME is going to disarm the MF'ers that don't get their guns from a gun shop???"

Yet, this is the mentality we are faced with and you can bet it's what Fuentes thinks.  Yeah. I know I never met the man, but I'd bet serious cash that this, or some variant of it is what he and those who helped him write that crap think.

The goal... disarmament.

The plan...  long term.

Infuriating.

NJ has many problems.  The ones that I see forcing me to leave the state are property taxes and cost of living.  I refuse to buy a house in a state where I get nothing for my tax dollars and the cost of living just increases for no reason.  It's overall a shitty state and there is nothing you can do with a vote to change Trenton or any other office held by a democrat who wants to turn us into serfs.

This shit is infuriating.

LE (in general) wants a disarmed public.  Quite a few have told me personally. A LEO said this to me. "I'd rather know I'm the only one with a gun when I respond to a call."  I was younger and dumber when this was said, so I didn't respond by saying, " Are a fucking idiot?  Do you think disarming ME is going to disarm the MF'ers that don't get their guns from a gun shop???"

Yet, this is the mentality we are faced with and you can bet it's what Fuentes thinks.  Yeah. I know I never met the man, but I'd bet serious cash that this, or some variant of it is what he and those who helped him write that crap think.

The goal... disarmament.

The plan...  long term.

Infuriating.

I agree and disagree. In my experience the frontline LEO's are pretty pro-2nd Amendment. I have found that their Adminstration are the ones that are against it. Their Administration are mostly political (Democrat) and vote along party lines.

I agree and disagree. In my experience the frontline LEO's are pretty pro-2nd Amendment. I have found that their Adminstration are the ones that are against it. Their Administration are mostly political (Democrat) and vote along party lines.

I have a bunch of close friends and family who are LEO and all but one are hardcore PRO 2A. The one who isn't just has the attitude that most people are too stupid to be trusted with them, but he sees a lot of shit in his territory, so I "try" to be understanding but we also cannot have this debate anymore because we are both so hardcore in our opinions.

Though they all say they're never going to jump onboard with any kind of executing/confiscation of the anti-2nd amendment rhetoric going on today. AND about a dozen family members are or have been in the military and say they would never turn on American citizens either. So percentage wise I think Obama and his disciples can pass all the anti 2A laws they want, as long as we don't comply we have nothing to fear from those cowards when LEO and Military have OUR back and not theirs. (IMHO)

I have a bunch of close friends and family who are LEO and all but one are hardcore PRO 2A. The one who isn't just has the attitude that most people are too stupid to be trusted with them, but he sees a lot of shit in his territory, so I "try" to be understanding but we also cannot have this debate anymore because we are both so hardcore in our opinions.

Though they all say they're never going to jump onboard with any kind of executing/confiscation of the anti-2nd amendment rhetoric going on today. AND about a dozen family members are or have been in the military and say they would never turn on American citizens either. So percentage wise I think Obama and his disciples can pass all the anti 2A laws they want, as long as we don't comply we have nothing to fear from those cowards when LEO and Military have OUR back and not theirs. (IMHO)

Thats good to know so when i get pulled over and they see  my 17 rd mags with me (not really) or my little 22 M1carbine (not really) they will let it slide knowing they are illegal  because they are pro2A and think the laws are stupid  they wink and off I go.  The AWB (amongst all the other crap) is going on today and I'm pretty sure they are enforcing it. They are already on board.

Thats good to know so when i get pulled over and they see  my 17 rd mags with me (not really) or my little 22 M1carbine (not really) they will let it slide knowing they are illegal but because they are pro2A and think the laws are stupid  they wink and off I go.  The AWB (amongst all the other crap) is going on today and I'm pretty sure they are enforcing it. They are already on board.

I'm with you on this one. They may be pro-2A, but they are also pro-job and taking care of their family. They aren't going to "let slide" firearm related infractions. If the word got out, they would be done for because those in power in this state don't want cops on the streets thinking for themselves when it comes to enforcing gun laws. Instead they want as many gun owners (NJ residents or not) in prison. They have quite clearly demonstrated this over and over again.

The best I can hope for if a cop sees one of my EBR's is that they are familiar with the evil feature list and really knows what to look for. Seriously, if a cop isn't informed and sees an EBR, they will just arrest and try to figure it out after the fact.

I was once told by a dealer that cops only enforce the AWB stuff only if you are mixed up in other bad stuff. As in they would only apply those laws if you were truly a bad dude. I laughed in his face, needless to say I don't use him any longer.

I was once told by a dealer that cops only enforce the AWB stuff only if you are mixed up in other bad stuff. As in they would only apply those laws if you were truly a bad dude. I laughed in his face, needless to say I don't use him any longer.

While I suspect that there may be an element of truth in this, I would be unwilling to bet my freedom on it.

While I suspect that there may be an element of truth in this, I would be unwilling to bet my freedom on it.

Exactly, hence why I laughed and never did business with him again.

Dont forget the recent case where NJSP complained about a PO who "allegedly" issued Pistol Permits without sufficient background checks.  Thats not even risky business given one has to pass multiple levels of background checks to get to a point of purchasing the handgun legally.

We (the public) aren't willing bet our freedoms (for good reasons), why would LEOs do something that will put their own freedoms, job and family at risk ?.  Only time they "may" do is if its against one of their own.

System is setup to pit one against the other. As simple as that.

Pardon me if this has been discussed to death here or elsewhere, but:

Currently, a permit to purchase a handgun can be extended to 180 days regardless of whether an individual applies for the extension during or after the initial 90 day life of the permit, so long as the total time does not exceed 180 days.

Due to bad weather, dilly-dallying, and the fact that Feb. has only 28 days I am pushing the limit on my last permit. Can someone confirm that my permit will automatically be extended to 180 days after issuance as long as I apply before those 180 days are up? How easy is this to do? 

Pardon me if this has been discussed to death here or elsewhere, but:

Currently, a permit to purchase a handgun can be extended to 180 days regardless of whether an individual applies for the extension during or after the initial 90 day life of the permit, so long as the total time does not exceed 180 days.

Due to bad weather, dilly-dallying, and the fact that Feb. has only 28 days I am pushing the limit on my last permit. Can someone confirm that my permit will automatically be extended to 180 days after issuance as long as I apply before those 180 days are up? How easy is this to do? 

I believe this is subject to the discretion of the local police chief.  Some will extend them a few days before they expire, some require it to expire, some do it only on expiration date, and a few will do it on day one, while others will not extend them..  While it should probably not be this way, it seems to vary a lot.

Only the issuing authority for your permits (Newton PD?) can confirm what they will or won't do. It is totally at their discretion. For now.

What I (we) think doesn't count.

no, i know we'll keep fighting. but we have many many things going against us. one bad thing, is those that choose to run away from the stupid, rather than stay and fight it. then there's the anti-rights legislature, which if people keep running away from the stupid....will never get changed, because we are nearly outnumbered. then there will be the anti-rights governor with the anti-rights legislature. we can fight all we want at that point. they will ignore us, because we don't have the numbers to oust them. because too many people run away from the stupid.

imagine if all those that left the state had stayed and continued helping with the fight? especially now, while we have a chance to make an improvement, rather than dropping back to the same old crap?

You have the numbers just fine. 1 million gun owners in NJ?

If you could get 25% of them to do something, they would give you EVERYTHING you asked for.

Mipafox-

Plenty of gunowners, but many are FUDDS. My friend and his father are perfect examples. They show very little interest in handgun laws because all they care about is their shotguns and single shot muzzleloaders. I have tried talking to my buddy about getting more involved and he does not care about more than ten round magazines. Very frustrating trying to get him onboard.

S.

Mipafox-

Plenty of gunowners, but many are FUDDS. My friend and his father are perfect examples. They show very little interest in handgun laws because all they care about is their shotguns and single shot muzzleloaders. I have tried talking to my buddy about getting more involved and he does not care about more than ten round magazines. Very frustrating trying to get him onboard.

S.

Make me want to support Bill for 3 round magazines. May be then he will realize, or may be he will then be happy with 1 round magazine.