wkeilsw

Mosin Nagant

I still consider you my bro regardless. Also you got me into this site and finally get off my ass and get my FID, NRA membership, and etc, etc, etc.

The feeling is mutual, besides you're as big a Devils fan as me, your into guns, & the father of my favorite niece, what's not to love?:lol:

The feeling is mutual, besides you're as big a Devils fan as me, your into guns, & the father of my favorite niece, what's not to love? :lol:

She is pretty great isn't she :p But yes feeling mutual :) 

Putting it back on Mosin topic. Besides DS' obsession with them, they really do look like really great rifles which is why I wanna get my hands on one. They shoot some decently cheap ammo. 

You'll get bored of 91/30's quick and want some fancy Mosin's in no time. It's a dangerous line to cross!

Don't show me those, it'll make me want to by multiples :p But you have some really nice looking ones Rec!

Every time I go to that Oaks gunshow, Mosin Nagants are like $175 and up for a standard 91/30 (and then you got tax and NICS).

I just picked up one of these...

Posting those, since it does give mostly all the info on the extension.

9CE567C4-D372-4FCA-8697-3663120475DD_zpsCEF2F902-B1CA-4767-9D41-D5BDFF398CA9_zps

Really solid design. Would have no issue using it as a monopod... if it came down to it. Feeds ten rounds as the standard setup fed five. But I do have to say that you do notice it in regards to weight.

4E0EEF31-F468-4E8D-A616-3CA8F8CE62E7_zps81F8382C-67C8-4830-ACB1-38F193B7CC86_zps81A27A15-5F5E-43E3-8570-CB7FAFA2CD84_zps

You really can adjust it depending on your rifle. Both of the contact points have adjustment. With the amount of differences between Mosin Nagants, it is nice to be able to not hear rattles.

The designer is the same guy that makes those bayonet socket muzzle breaks (I've had one for a few years, and been happy with it).

DF0FFAFF-5DEC-4D54-99C6-7FA746F15714_zps

Yes, it is expensive ($150, shipped), but loading more than five rounds into a Mosin Nagant makes it all worth it to me. No permanent modifications is also a win.

9CE567C4-D372-4FCA-8697-3663120475DD_zpsCEF2F902-B1CA-4767-9D41-D5BDFF398CA9_zps

Really solid design. Would have no issue using it as a monopod... if it came down to it. Feeds ten rounds as the standard setup fed five. But I do have to say that you do notice it in regards to weight.

You really can adjust it depending on your rifle. Both of the contact points have adjustment. With the amount of differences between Mosin Nagants, it is nice to be able to not hear rattles.

The designer is the same guy that makes those bayonet socket muzzle breaks (I've had one for a few years, and been happy with it).

Yes, it is expensive ($150, shipped), but loading more than five rounds into a Mosin Nagant makes it all worth it to me. No permanent modifications is also a win.

Nice, it looks good on there too.  Thanks for posting.

EDIT

BTW I see you went for the turned-down bolt, how do you like that?

Every time I go to that Oaks gunshow, Mosin Nagants are like $175 and up for a standard 91/30 (and then you got tax and NICS).

I just picked up one of these...

Posting those, since it does give mostly all the info on the extension.

4E0EEF31-F468-4E8D-A616-3CA8F8CE62E7_zps81F8382C-67C8-4830-ACB1-38F193B7CC86_zps81A27A15-5F5E-43E3-8570-CB7FAFA2CD84_zps

DF0FFAFF-5DEC-4D54-99C6-7FA746F15714_zps

For that price you can get an ArchAngel stock with detachable 5 or 10 round mags. Also completely reversible.

Does look pretty good on that PU sniper though. Is that an original?

BTW I see you went for the turned-down bolt, how do you like that?

I originally had a M44, and hated the straight bolt (sold it). Got this setup from Impact Guns (wanted a PU sniper to go with my M1903 USMC sniper reproduction), and happy with the turned down bolt... more info on it below.

For that price you can get an ArchAngel stock with detachable 5 or 10 round mags. Also completely reversible.

Stock is a little more, then more magazines to buy ($15 or so each). But I do agree, that is an option.

I really am not a fan of a polymer Mosin Nagant. It is a rifle I'd want to have wood on. There isn't any way to go that route with higher capacity... with this being the exception. There was another design, but the guy working on it passed away. I've heard talks about Brass Stacker following through with it, but this one is actually sitting in my safe, now.

I looked up an old post about where to get a mosin in NJ. Anyone have any new information as to where i can get one.

Also any tips on which ones are better than others?

S&W 637 [] Sig 1911 .22lr [] Glock 22 Gen4 [] Mossberg 590 [] M&P 15 Sport

Last time I was in Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro they had a few used antique rifles on the rack.  Don't remember if any were a Mosin, but I remember seeing at least 3 bolt actions that looked very similar.  They also had an Enfield in great condition I woulda purchased if I hadn't already spent $900 on a carbine.

Anyway, I'd check them out.  At least give em' a call.  Great people, great shop.